What's new

Strategy Nightwing General Discussion (1.06 and on)

Noob
Can someone link me to the thread with frame traps and what not (or tell me a few)? I can't seem to find it.

d1 --> f213 (I can never get this, because it would cancel into EF)

Thanks in advance
here is your solution, if in Mk controls you keep getting EF (online or offline) the solution is simple i used to get this problem as well:

when doing D1 dont press D and hold to press 1 just do it like your pressing a button, press D1 and let go of the directional stick this will make your stick go neutral and you will still get the d1 but since your in neutral your F213 will come out nice and easy... the timing to get the 7 frame perfect trap is all a matter of training.

Hope this helps

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Can someone link me to the thread with frame traps and what not (or tell me a few)? I can't seem to find it.

I know of um:
the 33 loops
d12--> 33
d1 --> f213 (I can never get this, because it would cancel into EF)
112 --> 33
b2--> backdash-->b2

Thanks in advance
I switched to advanced controls to make d1 f213 more consistent.

Rocket52

Noob
here is your solution, if in Mk controls you keep getting EF (online or offline) the solution is simple i used to get this problem as well:

when doing D1 dont press D and hold to press 1 just do it like your pressing a button, press D1 and let go of the directional stick this will make your stick go neutral and you will still get the d1 but since your in neutral your F213 will come out nice and easy... the timing to get the 7 frame perfect trap is all a matter of training.

Hope this helps
Will try that next time I hop on, thanks.
i like to hold down because its easier to link into a special that way ;-;
Its gonna take some practice and getting used to it seems.

Noob
You can still hold Down, the thing you have to realize is that, if your not used to taking your directional stick to neutral afterwards you will always get EF. what i do online and it works wonders, even in lag is, if im holding down for some D1 pokes obviously i will not go neutral and down each time i think im gonna do a D1 F213 set up, that would be absurd and extremly tiresome... the eazy way to go about this is simple, just hold D all you want but once you press 1 let go of the down direction cause while the animation of the D1 is going on, this will allow you to go neutral long enouth for the game to register that the F213 is not connected, unfortunally you still have to be neutral for what seems to be an eternity but youll get used to it... just go to training mode and do D1xxF213 over and over and over again, thats what i did to get used to it.. in a couple of minutes youll get the hang of it..

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
I believe we tied for 9th with JDM :\ I got suped by black mamba and then lost to my friend kyle (hawkgirl player) I dropped too many comboos with batgirl but its my fault because I dont play her. Mello was sent to losers by P2W and eliminated by PL

AssassiN

Noob
I believe we tied for 9th with JDM :\ I got suped by black mamba and then lost to my friend kyle (hawkgirl player) I dropped too many comboos with batgirl but its my fault because I dont play her. Mello was sent to losers by P2W and eliminated by PL

Why didn't you pick NW against Hawkgirl?

NightwingDayZero

Sajam is going to be in attendence.

I'll be there in spirit. I really wanted to be there, but finals are the very week after NEC. No can do.

gpmoney

Sajam if I see you there you are more than welcome to chill in the CORN room lol our scene sucks so I wana play all the people I can

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
someone tell me all the normals nightwing can go into crossup flipkick from and some frame data of his common stance cancels pls.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
someone tell me all the normals nightwing can go into crossup flipkick from and some frame data of his common stance cancels pls.

The normals change depending on certain hitboxes.

Stance cancel advantages are iffy...so yeah...most of it is hard to discover.

Also, if a string won't crossover, like for example f213 and cancelling the first hit of 3 into flipkick...then try letting the second hit of 3 connect on block and then cancel into flip kick. It helps.

gpmoney

No!!!! lol jk the flip kic cross ups depend on the character. not all characters can be crossed up but pretty much all strings can be canceled f213, 2, f2, f21, 3, 33, are all common strings to cancel into flip kick

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The normals change depending on certain hitboxes.

Stance cancel advantages are iffy...so yeah...most of it is hard to discover.

Also, if a string won't crossover, like for example f213 and cancelling the first hit of 3 into flipkick...then try letting the second hit of 3 connect on block and then cancel into flip kick. It helps.
im not picking him up, just gathering up any last things i dont know about this char

gpmoney

Qwark28 remember if NW cancels into GB it is not safe and you can jab him out, if he cancels into staff spin it can be interrupted but its trickier. escrima d12 is +8 and can be canceled, 113 is +27 I beleiev and can be canceled, f213 leavs you at 0 I would have more frame data but Im at work atm trying to multitask

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28 remember if NW cancels into GB it is not safe and you can jab him out, if he cancels into staff spin it can be interrupted but its trickier. escrima d12 is +8 and can be canceled, 113 is +27 I beleiev and can be canceled, f213 leavs you at 0 I would have more frame data but Im at work atm trying to multitask
i will try out the crossups vs joker tomorrow

if i know they like to rapidly switch to staff spin i just parry

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Sajam if I see you there you are more than welcome to chill in the CORN room lol our scene sucks so I wana play all the people I can
Yeah I'm sure I'll run into you guys and hang out.

I'm excited for NEC, it should be awesome.

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
Sao87 posted a thread about a tournament happening in Arizona Nov. 22-24th, about the time most schools release students for Thanksgiving Break. I noticed for the Cali players it listed Tyrant, Theo, Slayer. Sajam are you going? (#StrawberryWatsons?!?!?) and will the players from NorCal be able to attend?

Kinda short notice but it seems to have a good mix of players coming. Most likely Vegas guys will be able to make it as well.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Sao87 posted a thread about a tournament happening in Arizona Nov. 22-24th, about the time most schools release students for Thanksgiving Break. I noticed for the Cali players it listed Tyrant, Theo, Slayer. Sajam are you going? (#StrawberryWatsons?!?!?) and will the players from NorCal be able to attend?

Kinda short notice but it seems to have a good mix of players coming. Most likely Vegas guys will be able to make it as well.
Yeah, I'll be there.

There is going to be a bunch of 5v5 team tournaments, and some singles tournaments also I think. I'll post about it more once I know, but there will be a lot of footage from all the SoCal guys that weekend.

NightwingDayZero

14hr drive. Negatron bro.

gpmoney

All honesty not too exited about NEC tournament wise. I kinda just wana get some games in with everyone. I make too many mistakes under pressure. any changes to everyone going? More people or less people showing?