What's new

Strategy Nightwing General Discussion (1.06 and on)

Noob
We have one of the best character forums. I love the NW boards.

Oh, my fellow brethern. I got some real good shit coming your way. Just finishing testing. If you are Black Adam, Aquaman, Bane, Batman etc you are going to hate this lol
well cant wait to check out what youve come up with ;)

gpmoney ill give you an off battle tip, and iv said this before but doesnt hurt to say it again... a frustrated opponent regardless of how good they are is an opponent bound to make mistakes you can capitalize on...

Most of all XxM3LLOxX style is good because he works in tandem with the character rushdown power ,in insight NW can play keepaway just as well as close up but in escrima you just have to keep one thing in mind, if he starts pressure on you its only a matter of time before you are oppenent up... Dont you just love you awsome our character is... its just awsome with more awsome one the side

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
14K thanks man i appreciate that, honestly support is my biggest strength. I try my best to open up Nightwings full potential whenever i can. One of us has to go to a major and really show what our character is made of. I dont know who all will be at Youmacon but me & gpmoney will try our best with Nightwing. I also have a interesting setup in the corner that im trying to fully fool proof. I'll talk about that another day

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.

I've started watching this tonight. First 15 minutes and he's talking about spacing in ways I haven't heard before.

As someone who only started playing fighting games competitively with Injustice - I've been looking into every resource possible to learn how best to improve my game. This seems relatively worthwhile - even if it is based on SFIV.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Today marks one of my greatest accomplishments yet.

I beat WoundCowboy's Sinestro 2 games in a row.

Never have I done this before. I still got bodied for the rest of the night, but I can take solace in knowing that someday, somewhere - whether it be a local or a major or EVO Top 16 Winners Finals - it can happen.

Sometimes a "spark" of hope is all it takes. Keep grinding brother.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Today marks one of my greatest accomplishments yet.

I beat WoundCowboy's Sinestro 2 games in a row.

Never have I done this before. I still got bodied for the rest of the night, but I can take solace in knowing that someday, somewhere - whether it be a local or a major or EVO Top 16 Winners Finals - it can happen.
Congrats Joe, Cowboy's Sinestro is beastly.

any advice on the Sinestro match up?

NightwingDayZero

Congrats Joe, Cowboy's Sinestro is beastly.

any advice on the Sinestro match up?

Now that I understand the whole twitch to youtube upload process, I'll be putting out a lot more content. A video highlighting my understanding of the Sinestro MU is definitely in the works.

In the meantime. Here is the highlight of last night. Note: a LOT of dropped combos. I need to buy an Asus monitor to practice on so I'm not getting bodied the lack of screen latency.
http://www.twitch.tv/nightwingdayzero/c/3113788

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
When you guys come down to play there is gonna be an absolute ton of shit recorded, that's for sure.

I'm really sad about how I played the Sinestro matchup yesterday. So many missed reversal ground sparks to duck fear blasts, and I could even react to boulder online. Usually that's 2 free dashes if he doesn't have trait.

NightwingDayZero

When you guys come down to play there is gonna be an absolute ton of shit recorded, that's for sure.

I'm really sad about how I played the Sinestro matchup yesterday. So many missed reversal ground sparks to duck fear blasts, and I could even react to boulder online. Usually that's 2 free dashes if he doesn't have trait.

I was talking to Cowboy about the MU last night. I'm so glad I have him to play locally - that MU is just miserable online.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I was talking to Cowboy about the MU last night. I'm so glad I have him to play locally - that MU is just miserable online.
It's miserable on and offline, but offline your patience pays off way more.

I think Sinestro is his worst matchup, with Supes/BA closely following. Luckily the amount of strong Sinestro players is way less than the other two.

AssassiN

Noob
It's miserable on and offline, but offline your patience pays off way more.

I think Sinestro is his worst matchup, with Supes/BA closely following. Luckily the amount of strong Sinestro players is way less than the other two.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Hard to get practice and you are fucked if you run into a good Sinestro.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Hard to get practice and you are fucked if you run into a good Sinestro.
A good thing if you have practice with Sinestro players that are strong.

A bad thing if you don't. It's a worse thing this character exists.

Dasblackman

The struggle is real
Now that I have some people to play offline with, I'm noticing how different NW has to play online and offline. For example, f213 is unreliable online, which means I have to change entire combos to compensate. Surprised I've made it to this point without it, but that's what I get for playing Ranked exclusively to learn the game.

Noob
I don't even think there is a Sinestro player in the EU :(.
Yeah bro we are kinda short on Sinestros... honestly it has probably been months since i seen anyone play him at a decent lvl...

Zonners with fast projectiles are a pain for him...

I agree...I think Cyborg and Sinestro can be a nightmare for Nightwing, Sinestro being a little worst if he gets his trait on.
I think we are yet to see a reaçlly really dedicated cyborg, cause when we do i think its gonna be way way to bad a MU for NW cause consider the following: Face to Face comparison on the Sinestro Cyborg VS NW MU:

NW can still somewhat try to zone on an nontraited Sinetro, it sucks but he can try...
NW has very small chances of going punch to punch on a cyborg due to how good cyborgs movement is...

Sinestro close range game is actually decent, his strings have decent range and even tho the dmg is not high they punch NW full screen...
Cyborg strings are also very decent with the same full screen toss effect as Sinestro but with his incredible backdash he can get of pressure very well

Both Cyborgs and Sinestro trait is a problem for NW, since Sinestro complitly negates everything NW has when his trait is up, and Cyborgd health regen can be a pain because its already a struggle for NW to take life from him but when he does Cyborg can regen it back quite fast... (even tho i have yet to see a good cyborg give proper use to setup this ability...)

all in all i still Cyborg will grow (if anyone decent picks him up) to be a similiar or yet far worse MU and Sinestro...

But thats just my opinion.. might be complitly off

haketh

Noob

I've started watching this tonight. First 15 minutes and he's talking about spacing in ways I haven't heard before.

As someone who only started playing fighting games competitively with Injustice - I've been looking into every resource possible to learn how best to improve my game. This seems relatively worthwhile - even if it is based on SFIV.
Check out Maj's footsies guide, it's fucking great.

Any NW players gonna be online and wanna run some sets? I want more NW experience for DS and Ares.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
Has anyone been working on compiling all the setup/tech videos and descriptions that have been posted in the forums into one thread? That could really help for reference material. Last session I went to I had a brainfart and completely forgot what setups I wanted to try because there were so many. >.>

If it's not on anyone's agenda though, I'll do it.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
NEC should be awesome.

I got 2nd to Theo. I beat his Aquaman in the casuals we played last week but he figured out the matchup a lot since then. I was doing b2 crossup flip kick or b2 into mb staff pound to get a launcher instantly but my pound went coming out. He did an absolutely awesome job dealing with zoning. Props to Theo. I can't wait to see people play his Aquaman, it's so good.