What's new

Strategy Nightwing General Discussion (1.06 and on)

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
This is another character you can't allow them to turn on their trait, it becomes a bad guessing game at full screen when Raven has her trait on. I played @Mr_Mileena and it wasn't fun at all. lol, definitely looking to play him again and get more experience within this match up.
I played glass sword and was mind fucked. I didnt realize how much chip I lost to the pillars. her projectile recovery is incredible

gpmoney

How did you do vs his raven? and aqua?
I got raped by raven. and I believe he beat me 3-0 with raven and I beat him 3-0 nw vs aquaman. I hate online though. the matches where epic. Still trying to figure out what made him send me the invite lol

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I played glass sword and was mind fucked. I didnt realize how much chip I lost to the pillars. her projectile recovery is incredible

MB Pillars....it's funny because you want to dash in but feel like you'll be Soul Crushed. I gotta make those good reads.

you play on PSN more or Xbox?

ferneo6

Rhizomes and moustaches
So trying to learn NW.

What do you do in escrima stance? Other than b2? Lol
Sometimes against Cyborg I just ask myself how the hell did I allow this match to go full screen to eat infinite MvC style fireballs. Unfortunately theres not many Cyborg players out there so the match up doesn't get enough conditioning for me.

I know KombatNerd plays Cyborg, gotta him up.

Sinestro is probably the worst full screen, he's as anti rush down as it gets with his tools.

Nightwing definitely has to work to get against these full screen characters.

I go between 3 chars: NW, Sin, and SG. From both sides of the Sin and NW MU I can tell you esc is your best friend there. As most of you surely know the last thing you want is a zoning fight with sinestro. In esc you can destroy him by staying on him. Sinestro has a huge lack of wake up game. I use the same strategy for lex and raven as well. /end useless post

gpmoney

MB Pillars....it's funny because you want to dash in but feel like you'll be Soul Crushed. I gotta make those good reads.

you play on PSN more or Xbox?
yea I got as close as I could then Mb b3 to go through and apply pressure but he kept getting away. I gotta work on my escrima ive been playing batgirl alot. I play 360 always

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
gpmoney His raven is pretty damn good, Imo. he beat me 10-8 just raven vs nw.. That mu is soooo fuckin ruff. I don't know about you, but every game was basically all 90 seconds lol! Maybe im playing it wrong.

Can you see if mello is down to do a lil exhibition vs his raven. Id like to see how he plays that mu.. Shit raven,sinestro and cyborg.

@AK Glass_Sword

gpmoney

gpmoney His raven is pretty damn good, Imo. he beat me 10-8 just raven vs nw.. That mu is soooo fuckin ruff. I don't know about you, but every game was basically all 90 seconds lol! Maybe im playing it wrong.

Can you see if mello is down to do a lil exhibition vs his raven. Id like to see how he plays that mu.. Shit raven,sinestro and cyborg.
yea when I played it was always time lol XxM3LLOxX you down for that? I'm curious on the raven match up. In theory she has bad wake ups so Nw gets some nice pressure, key would be spacing. I need to lock down that bitch lol

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
Hmmm raven match up...I still need more experience with it so what the hell why not. On paper IMO it comes down to who can stay in their comfort zone. One bad read to cost a lot of momentum to shift to whoever messed up. Maybe it might jus be me

Dasblackman

The struggle is real
So I recently hit 183 in the world for Ranked 1v1. Surprised I made it this far honestly, I don't have the advanced tech you guys have, and I still get bodied to some characters. Going to try to break top 100 before December, but the climb is maddening.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
So I recently hit 183 in the world for Ranked 1v1. Surprised I made it this far honestly, I don't have the advanced tech you guys have, and I still get bodied to some characters. Going to try to break top 100 before December, but the climb is maddening.

for PSN or Xbox?

ferneo6

Rhizomes and moustaches
Sinestro seems the very dominant in shutting night wings rush down..as well as raven..BTW hawkgirl is annoying..
I have no clue what to do when HG gets up in the air and rains maces. on sinsetro you gotta hit low, mix him up with b2, and force him to push block. If you can take away his meter you take away his options IMO. I have a theory, I am traveling and far away from my console, that the raven mu and sinestro mu are closer together post patch in that jumping in is not your friend (I say that knowing jumping really isn't ever your friend). Sin's b3 is a crazy anti air and with the mb bonus you'll see alot more of it. I wonder if the mb arachnid is still unblockable, if it is that's just one more problem for dick. I don't really have a problem with ravens maybe I will post patch.

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
I got raped by raven. and I believe he beat me 3-0 with raven and I beat him 3-0 nw vs aquaman. I hate online though. the matches where epic. Still trying to figure out what made him send me the invite lol
AK Glass_Sword prefers to find notable players and play sets rather than taking a run at ranked and possibly dealing with a worse connection. I'll be sure to get some games against him today if he makes it to AKA.

Sajam I guess you ought to do a Raven write up as well. I think NightwingDayZero has decent experience in this match up as well. But uh...lets have the info condensed into the spoiler in the MU thread.

As for general discussion, as soon as my GTA Online fix is over, I'll be picking up my escrima sticks for real. I have like 3 notepads of just combos and setups/gimmicks to grind out. Really enjoyed seeing the resurgence of NW's at both WNF and GGA. I'll be looking for more from the Michigan crew as well. Good stuff guys.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Sinestro seems the very dominant in shutting night wings rush down..as well as raven..BTW hawkgirl is annoying..
Next time we're at WNF we can talk about the Sinestro match up. It's bad, but I think I know it pretty well.

Noob
Next time we're at WNF we can talk about the Sinestro match up. It's bad, but I think I know it pretty well.
got to admit i thin Sinestro was always very good, simply not enouth ppl exploring him very well, with recent changes he is very viable able to make most ppls good m atchups into bad in his favor... if he looked a little cooler i might actually give him a try, but as is the skinny toothpick Sinestro i dont htink so... still a complicated match for NW

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I'm headed to Cowboy's place after class today. We're going to grind the shit out of this MU. Also, I have a new spacing I'm going to practice maintaining with him. I'm almost entirely sure it will be effective and give us much needed edge.

gpmoney

Ok my fellow dicks. I need a lil help was playing online and got DESTROYED by Harleyquine. Idk when to hit her (shoes on the other foot) lol please help

Noob
Ok my fellow dicks. I need a lil help was playing online and got DESTROYED by Harleyquine. Idk when to hit her (shoes on the other foot) lol please help
hmmm few tips i can give you to aliviate the match up, atleast youll have an answer for some of her stuff...

Just like Killer Frost Slide you can stuf Harleys tipical wakeup the little foot dash to cartwheel with a staff JB1, same principal as the one i explained for killer frost so its the exact same situation, full combo punish on her wakeup

you need to be very patient on this matchup... its not like you can throw projectiles while she is shotting at you and advancing, so i usually just duck and wait for her to be close enouth that her Jump shot hits me thats when i do Jump wingdings or sometimes if i see they dont want to spend meter i just jump her shot for a punish or mixup

Best way i found to fight against her in terms of damage is not to try and go for the big combos with no setups, instead i always go for the combos with mixup enders, cause im pretty sure you noticed if you aliviate the pressure on her she will maul you to death so she is one of those characters that be best defence is a solid offence...

she doesnt have a ol lot of strings that are punishble and good harley players will avoid taking to many risks, but you can get a D1 F213 or D12xx33 mixup on a blocked cartwheel, also never contest her jumpins they are quite active and usually will win agaisnt NW. hope this helps a bit

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
What time is WNF?
I missed the stream last time and just watched the "past broadcast"

Usually, 8-9pm PST.

Injustice competes with Tekken and SFIV for air time, so - yeah. There's that. You can thank Alex Valle for any time Injustice is the premiere game at WNF.