What's new

Strategy Nightwing General Discussion (1.06 and on)

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Didn't play Michaelangelo's GL today. Got plenty of matche against Cowboys mid hitting b12 Sinestro. I don't know how much it really affects the MU yet. He's still getting used to the spacing and I usually use that spacing to get him to commit to boulder for punishes.

Heads up in the Sinestro MU, imagine two Boulder hitboxes in front of Sinestro at all times. Tossing wingdings from a Boulder away so you can condition them to throw unsafe boulders.

Also, being really really active tends to help.

After playing Ryu in SF HDR for the last two/three weeks, I feel a just a little bit more comfortable with the fireball meta and Escrima Spark spacing. I know it doesn't sound like much, but the little break I've taken really gave me a different perspective. I'm definitely going to keep grinding out SF HDR.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Yeah, but the Supes players here are top notch, and we have Wonder Chef's GL also.

Besides Superman, I feel comfortable in all matchups. I don't know how how the matchup has changed yet, but I'm curious to try it.

East coast got the best Superman mains.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Basically when I'm in escrima stance I'm using b2, db2, d12 flip, wingdings and j3 wingdings. I'm usually just trying to get into staff stance where I have d1 of the gods and can turtle.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
yo don't make me get the east coast defense force up in here, we'll tear you up ;)

I feel better about some MU's (Supes, BA, etc) but a little uneasy about a few others, namely Sinestro and Zod, but I wanna play those two MUs more.

Overall NW is a very strong character in this version of the game, and I'm very happy.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Sinestro is a hard matchup, and I have a lot of experience in it now because of LEGEND.

It's rough, but it's winnable as long as he doesn't get an early lead/trait. I'll talk about it some more when I get the chance, because people need to know this matchup, especially this patch.

Rocket52

Noob
Sinestro is a hard matchup, and I have a lot of experience in it now because of LEGEND.

It's rough, but it's winnable as long as he doesn't get an early lead/trait. I'll talk about it some more when I get the chance, because people need to know this matchup, especially this patch.
Sinestro blows me up every time .
That'd help so much ;_;

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Is there any other map besides metropolis museum that NW can do a follow up OTG super after placing a bomb on an interactable?

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Sajam was really impressive on WNF, if you guys missed casuals he was pulling out a lot of great NW set ups and displayed great footies, he had the room at amazement. If theres a replay of casuals, I invite everyone to check it out to see Nightwing's potential, so entertaining.

Would of been sweet if he gone further, that damn Zod. I know how it feels, I played so many sets against Zod because my gf's bro mains him and he's the dude I play most. Playing full screen against him is a bummer. I try to keep an eye for his F2 set up when his trait is on and keep him busy with pressure so he doesn't have time to get his trait out. Close range and in the corner is where NW dominates Zod, but it takes work to get there. It's manageable so I can see Steeeeve bodying Zod next time they match up.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I feel that NW really suffers against most of the major zoners. Cyborg is hell, Sinestro is brutal with his trait out, Zod is crazy in the right hands against Nightwing...I dunno. Hardcore zoners really can shut him down.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
using a Tupac gif to discredit someone defending the West Coast...

3/10 apply yourself next time

Before Tupac was Tupac, he was MC New York.

Tupac grew up in Harlem New York for 13 years and moved to Baltimore in 1984. Pac didn't even go to Cali until 1988. He's spent most of his life living in the East coast. That's why he stood out in Cali, he was a NY MC rapping on the West coast. Atlanta, Cali and Houston were the last cities Pac was in before he went to Vegas, so after growing up in the East Coast he was all over the map at 18. Tupac repped West Coast all the way because that's the coast that put him on musically, but his roots and whole style originated in Harlem/the Bronx.

0/10 to you in Tupac knowledge.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I feel that NW really suffers against most of the major zoners. Cyborg is hell, Sinestro is brutal with his trait out, Zod is crazy in the right hands against Nightwing...I dunno. Hardcore zoners really can shut him down.

Sometimes against Cyborg I just ask myself how the hell did I allow this match to go full screen to eat infinite MvC style fireballs. Unfortunately theres not many Cyborg players out there so the match up doesn't get enough conditioning for me.

I know KombatNerd plays Cyborg, gotta him up.

Sinestro is probably the worst full screen, he's as anti rush down as it gets with his tools.

Nightwing definitely has to work to get against these full screen characters.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
TakeAChance the Raven match up is hell if she gets the spacing

This is another character you can't allow them to turn on their trait, it becomes a bad guessing game at full screen when Raven has her trait on. I played @Mr_Mileena and it wasn't fun at all. lol, definitely looking to play him again and get more experience within this match up.