What's new

Strategy Nightwing General Discussion (1.06 and on)

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Are Zod's IAZBs a big problem for NW as are Cyborg's IANBs?
Do they completely lock him down?

Wingdings are good against Bane, just don't overuse them.

I don't have to tell you that Bane pretty much never blocks when he's got venom(like after a blocked venom punch.)
When Bane is in negative frames you can beat out any armored move with 113 in Escrima, because 11 has a start-up of like 12-14 frames. It's possible to hitconfirm of 113(113, F2~Escrima Fury, J3~Wingdings/B2~Spark) and you're safe if Bane blocked.
Bane's can read this and do D1 or D2, which you can counter with D1/F2.

Ground Pound MB beats out a full screen charge, you can always convert of this with a B3.
Something you can use when the Bane player becomes really desperate and starts doing these.
If you're in Escrima, you can jump over these charges with NW's J2(to decrease NW's size) and recover in time to punish.
Nightwing s1 in escrima is 6frames lol

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Did you guys know that Nightwing can neutral jump and punish any and every one of Bane's charges on reaction? Neutral jump 2/3 before he hits you and you go right over him.
EDIT- Punish with 113, B2 or GP depending on the distance he charged.

Last edited:

Braindead

Did you guys know that Nightwing can neutral jump and punish any and every one of Bane's charges on reaction? Neutral jump 2/3 before he hits you and you go right over him.
EDIT- Punish with 113, B2 or GP depending on the distance he charged.
Yeah I read that in the MU discussion threads. I think it was LOTF who posted that when I read it.

Braindead

Has anyone ever gotten a WoWo-like setup with B3 F3 in Escrima? Meaning that when you hit the F3 the opponent ends up underneath you?

I got it a few times the other day while messing with other stuff but I can't replicate it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Has anyone ever gotten a WoWo-like setup with B3 F3 in Escrima? Meaning that when you hit the F3 the opponent ends up underneath you?

I got it a few times the other day while messing with other stuff but I can't replicate it.
Did you know that b13, causes all of wonder woman's wake ups to whiff point-blank just like her d3?

Braindead

Well if anyone needs me in the next hour or so I'll be in the lab trying to see if I can get that F3 thingy again. Maybe there's something useful about it.

Braindead

Alright people. I just caught it on camera lol. See at 0:32.
Is this known? Has anyone ever seen this?
I am still trying to get hang of the timing of it. I don't know if this is useful or anything - I haven't tried anything, yet, as a follow-up after the knockdown.

However, it does look very promising. Maybe we can get setups like Wonder Woman with this. I don't know about you, but I have been dreaming about an untechable close knockdown with Nightwing lol.

If you guys would care to join me in the investigation of this it would be awesome.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Alright people. I just caught it on camera lol. See at 0:32.
Is this known? Has anyone ever seen this?
I am still trying to get hang of the timing of it. I don't know if this is useful or anything - I haven't tried anything, yet, as a follow-up after the knockdown.

However, it does look very promising. Maybe we can get setups like Wonder Woman with this. I don't know about you, but I have been dreaming about an untechable close knockdown with Nightwing lol.

If you guys would care to join me in the investigation of this it would be awesome.

It's private

Braindead

Ooooh nice
There'd be a shit ton of mixups after this if we could get it consistently
Yeah that's what I expect.
But it looks like it might depend on the opponent's hitbox, the timing and height of the B3 and F3, etc.
I don't know yet.

Braindead

You can get a crossup U3 and a regular U3 after that knockdown. And if you do U3 too quick NW does a corpse hop which looks completely whack, it looks like NW crosses up but then doesn't but then does. Super ambiguous.

However I think the first step is to get it consistently. Then we can see what we can get out of the knockdown. I'll try to get it after a MB Escrima Fury later. I am tired and want to sleep now lol.

Hopefully we can get a good setup out of this.