What's new

Strategy Nightwing General Discussion (1.06 and on)

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
Any setups or situations where nw can get a guaranteed grab and the opponent cant backdash or press a button and is forced to tech?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Any setups or situations where nw can get a guaranteed grab and the opponent cant backdash or press a button and is forced to tech?
After a deep J3, after MB Ground Spark etc...
I like to do D12 throw and a few D1s in staff, then throw.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
He got tired of NW's faults as a character and eventually lost interest.
Yeah I remember him saying stuff like I had enough and so on, but he like completely vanished. You'd think he'd pick up another character or something.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Yeah I remember him saying stuff like I had enough and so on, but he like completely vanished. You'd think he'd pick up another character or something.
His name is NightWingDayZero. Idk if he really cares about any other character.

Same thing happened for gpmoney and Sajam, too.

Braindead

His name was NightWingDayZero. Idk if he really care about any other character.

Same thing happened for gpmoney and Sajam, too.
Yeah well at least we still see those guys around and they still post stuff. Although all GPmoney ever posts is replies to ppl taking shit about how free he is :DOGE

Shaazzyam

Yeah well at least we still see those guys around and they still post stuff. Although all GPmoney ever posts is replies to ppl taking shit about how free he is :DOGE
Yeah GP is like BeetleJuice. Say his name at least 3 times in a thread and he pops up to troll everybody.

KHAOTIC_xWULFx

Cyborg's Savior
Hi everyone lol I kinda wanna pick up nightwing but really have a general idea on his play style or nothing :( can someone kinda tell me how good they think the character is or why they think he is bad?

Shaazzyam

Hi everyone lol I kinda wanna pick up nightwing but really have a general idea on his play style or nothing :( can someone kinda tell me how good they think the character is or why they think he is bad?
K.

Positives:

-Decent pressure, no real 50-50s tho

-Easy to learn fast and requires basic execution.

-Strong corner game

- Can be played in different styles

-D1

Negatives:

- Mobility

- Free to lack of air control, interactables, zoning, (See mobility)

-Has bugs

- Plenty of losing MUs

Ovverall, I think NW is a solid mid tier character who deals with the top tier (BG, AM, MMH Flash, but def not Zod), making him a great pocket character for your mains bad MUs. Usually it's one of those top 5. I would suggest having a secondary, though.

Last edited:

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
any of you Dicks going to Summer jam? my boss just gave me the day off. I dont play much anymore but I wana run some long sets lol

Braindead

So after a regular Escrima Fury if you do F3 J2 113, then quickly dash in and do U3, it makes most wake-ups whiff and it crosses up if they decide not to wake-up.

It's known, isn't it? Is it a good setup or not really useful?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So after a regular Escrima Fury if you do F3 J2 113, then quickly dash in and do U3, it makes most wake-ups whiff and it crosses up if they decide not to wake-up.

It's known, isn't it? Is it a good setup or not really useful?
Its very character specific but it has its uses.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
I hear night wing is getting a TV show like arrow and flash.. is this legit!?!??! *heavy Breathing* lol

Braindead

So I have been in the lab trying to get through Cyborg's IANBs with Flip Kicks. It sounds dumb but it could actually work if it had only a couple frames less on recovery.

You can get through some IANBs and block/duck the next one but the timing is insanely strict and it depends on the height of every Nova Blast.

I thought I was onto something here, I was so close :(