What's new

New Yomi Tier List after The Big Patch 9/1+

I'm not sure how that would settle anything. If Pig loses with Kenshi, then his argument is proven right. If Pig wins with Kenshi, it only proves that Pig played better, not that the character is above B tier. The second one is also weird because Pig winning the fight is close to a losing condition for his argument, so he'd have no incentive.

So I'm trying to think of how this could actually be proven.

Scenario (just for fun)

Yomi Tournament
If Pig were to pick up a new character, say Takeda, and go to Yomi- He could prove that Kenshi is low tier by playing only Takeda, while EVERYONE ELSE has to play Kenshi.
If Pig beats the entire Yomi roster when they use Kenshi while he uses someone that isn't even his main, that would be a huge blow up. (And entertaining as Hell. I'd love to see everyone try to play Kenshi for a local tourney while the challenger chose someone else).

For this to be possible, Pig would have to learn a new character though, so it's kind of on him to put on the show.

What do you guys think? It would be a very hype match, and I'm sure the stream would blow up!

@Pig Of The Hut @YOMI MITYEAP @YOMI Reno_Racks @YOMI MITYEAP
We could probably arrange this haha

haketh

Noob
Jax I feel is right outside A+ or may very well be in there. He is all around a ridiculous character (unreactable 50/50 mixups, great damage, great pressure and frame traps, etc.). So he definitely could be there. As far as reptile goes, the patch I feel definitely moved him up and he could be A tier but YOMI as a group feel he hasn't jumped that drastically after the patch. We could be wrong tho of course.
I can see it, it's a lot of subtle things Reptile got that have moved him up, safe claw for meter build, orbs getting buffed all around along with instant stop, EX Slide pop up buff & stuff.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Umm are u using casuals go determine how good a character is/ someone is with character? Because if so, then u are doing it wrong. U do realize lao is one of Slayer's mains and kenshi is like DJT's 10th character but I won't even pull that card. I will just say that if he plays against other top players at a major (doesn't have to be tourny, could be ft10 sets) then I think he will fare well.
Well I keep hearing this line

"Wow have u seen how he uses kenshi? "

I mean that's all I have to go by.

No sense in arguing, your set in your ways as I am

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm not sure how that would settle anything. If Pig loses with Kenshi, then his argument is proven right. If Pig wins with Kenshi, it only proves that Pig played better, not that the character is above B tier. The second one is also weird because Pig winning the fight is close to a losing condition for his argument, so he'd have no incentive.

So I'm trying to think of how this could actually be proven.

Scenario (just for fun)

Yomi Tournament
If Pig were to pick up a new character, say Takeda, and go to Yomi- He could prove that Kenshi is low tier by playing only Takeda, while EVERYONE ELSE has to play Kenshi.
If Pig beats the entire Yomi roster when they use Kenshi while he uses someone that isn't even his main, that would be a huge blow up. (And entertaining as Hell. I'd love to see everyone try to play Kenshi for a local tourney while the challenger chose someone else).

For this to be possible, Pig would have to learn a new character though, so it's kind of on him to put on the show.

What do you guys think? It would be a very hype match, and I'm sure the stream would blow up!

@Pig Of The Hut @YOMI MITYEAP @YOMI Reno_Racks @YOMI MITYEAP

Wavy

Block Spammer
Umm are u using casuals go determine how good a character is/ someone is with character? Because if so, then u are doing it wrong. U do realize lao is one of Slayer's mains and kenshi is like DJT's 10th character but I won't even pull that card. I will just say that if he plays against other top players at a major (doesn't have to be tourny, could be ft10 sets) then I think he will fare well.
The reason why this post is so stupid is because this has never happened. You're using a reasoning of something that never happened saying Kenshi will fair well. Make it happen and prove Kenshi is viable. I'd love to see 100% Kenshi in a major as well as multiple ft10 set Kenshi vs a top player outside of Yomi. Otherwise, your statements have zero merit.

Last edited:

Pshak

Noob
Yeah, that top eight at our local surely convinced us.

Predator isn't S tier anymore like he used to be. He lost his 50%+ BNB combos, he has double damage scaling added to smart discs and lasers, low laser hitstun has been reduced so he doesn't get free disc summons on hit anymore, his 3 becoming a high was a big nerf and hindered his 50/50 and rushdown since 3,2 string had some of the best cancel advantage, his instant air disc was nerfed and now he can't do lockdown set ups anymore, his d+1 is no longer plus on block which is night and day compared to his old poke and standing 3 mid meta, his straight laser was given more recovery frames, etc.

Is Predator still high tier? Yes if you're talking Hish Qu Ten. But let's not act like he's still S Tier like he used to be and that the nerfs didn't affect him.
Ok, he is not broken anymore. But still S in my eyes.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
What's up everyone! Myself and the guys at Yomi think it's time to share to the public what we think our opinion on the current tier list could be. This has been a work in progress in the last three weeks. Assume we are ranking characters based on their best variation for a match up.

*CHARACTERS ARE NOT ORDERED WITHIN GROUPS, JUST TOGETHER IN THE SAME TIER GROUP*

S Tier (most winning match ups)
Quan Chi
Kung Lao
Shinnok
Tanya

A+ Tier
Predator
Tremor
Cassie
D'Vorah
Johnny Cage

A Tier
Sonya Blade
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Jax
Kung Jin

A- Tier
Liu Kang
Takeda
Kitana
Reptile
Kano
Raiden
Ermac

B Tier
Kenshi
Mileena
Jacqui
Ferra / Torr

C Tier (no winning match ups)
Goro
Jason

Since Saltface makes Top 8's with the lowest ranked character in Mileena, could that mean that Saltface is Yomi's best player ?

LEGEND

YES!
Curious as to why there is no emphasis on variations

Look at Quan as a prime example. You have a character with bad MUs in individual variaitions but as a whole character (picking and choosing which variation to use for a give MU) he would have no losing MUs and win a good amount of them. So in this list he would easily be viewed as the highest tier, but as individual variations he would be lower which more accurately depicts him as having some issues (which he does)

The way he is listed in this form of tier list with no given explanation only serves to spread disinformation and confusion
-
People need to stop pretending variations aren't their own character just because some variations are seemingly very similar on the surface or because they are generally weak in a few cases

I'm not asking for every single variation to be listed in a tier list because let's be honest, nobody cares where high tech Jacqui or unstopable Jason etc. fall, but it would be nice to see at least some effort put into a tier list for once. Specially from a group of people who's lives literally revolve around the game

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Okay guys...
As far as Johnny Cage goes, his "d4/f2 mixup" is not that good. Block low, react to overhead. Punish accordingly. His selling point is pressure, not mix-ups. And his pressure might be 4th in the game behind Tanya, Kung Lao, and Jax.

Certainly not enough to be A+ cuz the damage isn't really there so if you even open them up, you arent taking a huge chunk of life.

That is, if you are saying A-List is the best variation...if not then you can just throw this tier list away.
@General M2Dave surely this is in contention for fool of the week?

React to the 15f overhead and punish the + on block move lol.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Saltface wrote multiple times that he doesn't consider Mileena bad and she doesn't lack any tool to compete. Why is she so low?

Last edited:

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Saltface wrote multiple times that he doesn't consider Mileena bad and she has doesn't lack any tool to compete. Why is she so low?
The only answer I've ever been hearing, "She's good, but she's too fair, she doesnt have the same bs, you have to work harder to win with her." I've just stopped asking/caring tbh :coffee:

gongfuren

Arma Virumque Cano
i've been waiting for someone to do it since release of the game. and i just realized how much i miss image-ed tier list, but one question, characters are not exactly ordered as given in michaelangelos first post, so why?
As he stated in the very first post of this thread, the order of the characters within each tier is not based on anything (for example, in the S tier, they're not trying to say that Quan Chi is better than Shinnok by putting Quan Chi's name on the top). Since the order did not matter, I just put them in alphabetical order within the tier.