What's new

New Yomi Tier List after The Big Patch 9/1+

NBO_7

Noob
JC with his annoying d4 and f3, great zoning, 1 safe armour move from full screen and you are in, plus on block pressure

you can't ask for much really

great list, btw DF lui kang need to be looking into

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Well, to be fair, just because you don't see a character used a lot doesn't mean they're not top tier. Quan Chi is a great example of this; many people (me included) believe he is the best in the game, yet there's only 2 notable tourney Quans right now; King and Michaelangelo, two ridiculously talented players. But that doesn't mean just because there's only two now that he's not top tier. The amount of people using a character will not necessarily change how good that character is :p
dude what about Ketchup? best Quan out there imo.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Is this the first time we've actually had a TIER list from yomi?

Johnny Cage community is fucking unbearable. "f3 is bad because if I whiff it I can get punished". @Phosferrax I can see why you gave up.

Also, I still don't see why everyone is obsessed with getting a variation tier list. This way makes much more sense imo. You should know the best variation for each match up. Learning the other variations of your character is not the same as learning a new character.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I know nothing about Cage so can't comment there but otherwise this looks good to me. I'd move Jax and Predator each up one, but that's it.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Okay guys...
As far as Johnny Cage goes, his "d4/f2 mixup" is not that good. Block low, react to overhead. Punish accordingly. His selling point is pressure, not mix-ups. And his pressure might be 4th in the game behind Tanya, Kung Lao, and Jax.

Certainly not enough to be A+ cuz the damage isn't really there so if you even open them up, you arent taking a huge chunk of life.

That is, if you are saying A-List is the best variation...if not then you can just throw this tier list away.

Last edited by a moderator:

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Goro is bad but I don't think he's "deserves his own tier bad" anymore. He's probably on par with F/T, Kenshi, Mileena, and Jason. He just has some really stupid match ups like Tanya, Scorpion and Kung Lao. He does solid against some higher tiers like D'vorah and Jax.

Plus he won a major :cool:

TamedLizard

Buff George
Meh I'm fine with the list for the most part. I do sense some bias though.

Sad to see Reptile so low but in reality I guess it's really not "low".

The game all around is in decent shape balance wise. At least, when compared to previous titles.

Last edited:

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
It's very difficult to do a tier list for this game because the balance is very strange.
So, Yomi guys are, probably, the most addicted to do that because of their experience and I agree with them.

However, according to my experience, this game is (sadly) all about pressuring the opponent to death, so, I think that character with run cancel pressure or block string + frames, etc... like Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Predator, D'vorah, Jax, Tanya and so on, are probably in the S tier.
Other characters that can do godly mixup-50/50 are A tier, like Shinnok, Erron, Sonya, Kung Jin and so on...
Some character lack in lot of things and deserve a B tier while other doesn't belong in the "monster pressure-cancel" tier but are good enough like Cassie Cage or Quan Chi.
Too bad that zoning and, expecially, grappling are archetypes that doesn't belong to MKX.
Maybe Kenshi could have done well and Goro/Tremor/Jax/Kano could have been much better or different as true grapplers.

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
Is this the first time we've actually had a TIER list from yomi?

Johnny Cage community is fucking unbearable. "f3 is bad because if I whiff it I can get punished". @Phosferrax I can see why you gave up.

Also, I still don't see why everyone is obsessed with getting a variation tier list. This way makes much more sense imo. You should know the best variation for each match up. Learning the other variations of your character is not the same as learning a new character.
You know. Your actually right. It's the Yomi clans opinion. Why should we all care at the moment. I was here giving them shit because I personally think they are wrong but in the end what will matter about this? Nothing. Im going back to not giving a fuck. So I can watch the hatred from the sidelines.

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
Okay guys...
As far as Johnny Cage goes, his "d4/f2 mixup" is not that good. Block low, react to overhead. Punish accordingly. His selling point is pressure, not mix-ups. And his pressure might be 4th in the game behind Tanya, Kung Lao, and Jax.

Certainly not enough to be A+ cuz the damage isn't really there so if you even open them up, you are taking a huge chunk of life.

That is, if you are saying A-List is the best variation...if not then you can just throw this tier list away.
Your awesome and right

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Ok- can someone from Yomi who plays Kano explain why they think he is above Ferra/Torr and on the level of Reptile and Ermac? I really don't see it, unless you argue for his variations allowing counter picks - but that is pretty gimmicky

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
HQT is still brainless. Shinnok could get absolutely destroyed fullscreen - as seen in the MM. I cant say HQT is S tier, but Shinnok definitely aint either. A lot of the stuff that made Shinnok stupid pre patch is gone. He's where he's supposed to play. Last MM was the result of the better player.

We all know Cage has an amazing ground game but the air game ia garbage. I've seen good Cage players struggle against Kitana because he has minimal options when she exploits the air. People saying he doesn't need to jump - what the fuck... not having to fear jump ins makes getting in a lot more predictable. Johnny should be placed with Jax and Erron IMO.