What's new

New Yomi Tier List after The Big Patch 9/1+

Yea he's just kicking so much ass at majors I almost forgot. Him and Ferra tor are proving viability every major
Hmm, so based on this logic then Mileena must be like top 12 cuz of saltface, tremor like top 3 cuz of DJT, Quan just inside top 10 cuz no quan has won a major in a long time, and etc. I think everyone gets what I am saying with this, tourny results do not determine a characters viability lol.

Last edited:

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
I dont get why a character thats so stamina depended in a game where you will have to hold a 13sec block string at least 2-3 times in a top 8 setting keeps being consider top? Not just by yomi but the community in general? But since the list came from a group if players that consistently place there has to be a grain of truth in there somewhere. Even tho they might not play every character on stream doesnt mean the dont get touched in atl.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
As many people say, would be much more interesting to have a tier list for all variations.
Anyway, Cage (A-list I'm assuming) A+? No way. He's not in the same tier as Tremor and Predator...xD
A at most. He's being overrated a lot. In my opinion A -list is A, Stunt double is A- and Fisticuffs is between A- and B.
Kano A- after recent patch...? Come on ...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Well, to be fair, just because you don't see a character used a lot doesn't mean they're not top tier. Quan Chi is a great example of this; many people (me included) believe he is the best in the game, yet there's only 2 notable tourney Quans right now; King and Michaelangelo, two ridiculously talented players. But that doesn't mean just because there's only two now that he's not top tier. The amount of people using a character will not necessarily change how good that character is :p
Lets just forget ketchup got top 8 at evo with Quan?

That'll piss him right off lol

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
He should be higher in your opinion? He received more active frames of armor on a move that is usless (DoT, reduced damage, needs at least 20%+ of health to finish a round on a stuffed WU or other move, that is the only use of ExBuff now).
Pre 09/01 patch the move was useless. Now it's very fast and helps him a lot, gives him more chances to 50/50, especially in the corner.
I play with some great Kano players (pre and post patch), and the new properties of this move are very noticeable, they jumped a level up. That's why I don't buy Kano being A-.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I agree.

In my opinion, Swarm Queen D'Vorah is one of, if not, the hardest character to play execution wise in MKX. And while she's a great character, there's characters that are simply better than her that also require less effort to use (BS Shinnok for example). I don't see SQ D'Vorah as the type of character someone can secondary and just pull out as a counter pick in tournament. I can't think of a single time someone used her as a character switch at a major and won. Her cancels have different buffer windows on block/hit and they also change based on the string you use. With how momentum based this game is, one fucked up cancel can easily be ggs.

The players capable of playing her at a high level in tournament either aren't interested in her design wise or they would rather use a better character that requires less effort to use. The majority of players that do play her in tournament just aren't at the level required to compete with the likes of top players like YOMI, etc, etc, yet.

@Dinosaur
Dragons fire Liu and A list cage are probably more execution heavy, Dvorah you only really need a handful of cancels and none of them are BF inputs
:DOGE

VOR

Noob
Hmmm HQT not in S tier? Shinnok still that high? Mostly pretty fair though. Still hoping for some high level guys to really take Dragon's Fire seriously.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Pre 09/01 patch the move was useless. Now it's very fast and helps him a lot, gives him more chances to 50/50, especially in the corner.
I play with some great Kano players (pre and post patch), and the new properties of this move are very noticeable, they jumped a level up. That's why I don't buy Kano being A-.
I'm sorry but I must disagree with you. Prepatch ExBuff, had armor, no DoT and the damage was huge (was used to keep opponents on their toes, stuff WU and other moves for a punish). Now It has ridiculous DoT, received damage reduction 2 times, for a time it had no armor but now it has now a nice window. Only good thing about it is that it is comboable. Overall for me personally, and the majority of Kano kommunity (I think so) NRS changed something that was pefect, turning it into shieeet. :)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
jax moved up one for sure.
kang moved up one.
jacqui moved up one

dont have too much to argue against mileenas/tremors placings, (dont think her being in B means unviable also, she has some real good stuff)

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Confirmed potato, the move has no purpose now.

If you want frame advantage then use Ex knives, if you want damage then use Ex DB1, if you read a wakeup then just block or whiff punish without taking 15%+ damage. The move is bad.