What's new

New Supergirl Injustice 2 Gameplay Video via IGN

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I don't know about her gameplay, but at least she's not an old hag anymore.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I've come to dread the term jack/jill of all trades in fighting games, because it inevitably means that character has all the tools in the world and will be stupidly good.

As a side note, Venomous Freeze breath? Neato.

trufenix

bye felicia
Well, then mkx died when mkxl came out, right? Mkxl could be seen as Super mkx.
You mean that game MKX just one day became without me sending NRS a dime or even having to click a please give it to me button?

Capcom didn't support SF4 for 8 years. They killed it 3 times without warning and told the community if they wanted to keep playing they need to buy it again.

When Capcom TRIED to make fighting games the NRS way they flamed out in less than a year. Both times. No more patches, no more dlc, no more nothing.

I don't agree with capcom dlc policies, but I agree with not throwing their base game out the window after two years, leaving it half done and launching a new one. And the cycle repeats.
Again, Capcom throws their game out every two years. They replace it with another that is 75% the same with a similar name but its still no different than NRS (or anyone else). Like all games, its the community that keeps SF breathing, not Capcom. We could do the same, we just have to bitch less and play more.

You mean that game MKX just one day became without me sending NRS a dime or even having to click a please give it to me button?

Capcom didn't support SF4 for 8 years. They killed it 3 times without warning and told the community if they wanted to keep playing they need to buy it again.

When Capcom TRIED to make fighting games the NRS way they flamed out in less than a year. Both times. No more patches, no more dlc, no more nothing.

Again, Capcom throws their game out every two years. They replace it with another that is 75% the same with a similar name but its still no different than NRS (or anyone else). Like all games, its the community that keeps SF breathing, not Capcom. We could do the same, we just have to bitch less and play more.
Trufenix is right. Stop bitching and just play. Vanilla Quan,Vanilla Tanya,Vanilla Alien,Vanilla Raiden,Demo Sonya etc were balanced and shouldn't have been complained about. If it weren't for you clowns bitching I would still have my one bar armored launchers. Obviously NRS was satisfied with their games balance that's why they released 6+ balance patches within 18 months, including a complete overhaul. You scrubs just need to get good.

:DOGE

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Wasn't Kenshi uber broke before the fatal 8 version, then they nerfed him to what he was?

2 years per game isn't enough. It's gonna be broke as fuck. I don't know if these videos will tell us exactly what will be good and what will be bad.
Yes I remember. And Liu Kang had a block infinite... +15 boyz

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've come to dread the term jack/jill of all trades in fighting games, because it inevitably means that character has all the tools in the world and will be stupidly good.

As a side note, Venomous Freeze breath? Neato.
I totally thought the same thing.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Trufenix is right. Stop bitching and just play. Vanilla Quan,Vanilla Tanya,Vanilla Alien,Vanilla Raiden,Demo Sonya etc were balanced and shouldn't have been complained about. If it weren't for you clowns bitching I would still have my one bar armored launchers. Obviously NRS was satisfied with their games balance that's why they released 6+ balance patches within 18 months, including a complete overhaul. You scrubs just need to get good.
@Espio
@Rude
@Eldriken
@Dankster Morgan
@Baconlord

Damn. This post is too epic. How can I disagree with this?

I now reverse my stance in this thread. Pass me my pitchfork. Nerf Supergirl to the ground!

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
But all that happened after the game was released

But all that happened after the game was released
I wasn't saying Supergirl is broken or that she needs nerfs,IJ2 isn't even out yet so we are unable to determine if Supergirl is balanced because we haven't labbed her and we have no idea what her Match-up numbers are. My previous post was a reply to TruFenix's post that I quoted.

For people saying, "stop crying you don't know" I would like to draw attention to a million characters that were released and broke NRS games. MK9 had characters fly under the radar and were never fixed. Kabal, Cyrax et cetera. Injustice had one of the most broken characters ever to grace the NRS games i.e. scorp, MMH, batgril et cetera. MKX... well tanya and pred to name a two.

Now, there are some vets in this thread who know what I am talking about. The writing is on the wall. Next gen games are strictly designed for stream viewers and novice players. Some will argue this point and I respect that, but disagree. They are all about high damage, high mobility, mix ups and speed.

Injustice 1 was one of the most successful NRS games ever made.. character nostalgia and game design was on point. Multiple archetypes were viable. I am worried hearing a lot of comments from people that quit injustice saying the movement was too slow and it was not dynamic enough. Well... .what about the MKX players that say the game is too fast, too much mobility and factors to account for all options?

I liked injustice 1 the way it was. Every game is a few character balances away from being "balanced" but if I would have realized it was the last game that would truly allow for traditional zoning to work... I would have cherished and bitched about it less. Ya MMH existed and broke the game but at least I had sinestro's trait that I fear will never exist again lol

Let me ask you this... what character in injustice 1 had a possible standing reset tool, ground/air teleport/fake cross over mix up tool, great zoning, a half screen forward dash, high low mix ups? The closest one was MMH (no standing reset but he could set up an orb to armor break so kinda) and batgirl. Both were bitched about at the level of alien and pre patch tanya. I am simply pointing out that the first game play they show in a long time shows a character with possibly more tools than both of those characters. A lot of you didn't play injustice and have never experienced the type of mix ups that gives you in a back to block game. meaty fake cross up to tele, meaty cross up to tele, random block string teleports at any given time. "but shut up its react able..." Ya.. did you guys always block alien's random string cancel to overhead or low? Nope. Not one of you did. If post patch scorp had this type of zoning and forced players to come to him... he would have been up there with MMH.

I want injustice 2... not another version of MKX.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
For people saying, "stop crying you don't know" I would like to draw attention to a million characters that were released and broke NRS games. MK9 had characters fly under the radar and were never fixed. Kabal, Cyrax et cetera. Injustice had one of the most broken characters ever to grace the NRS games i.e. scorp, MMH, batgril et cetera. MKX... well tanya and pred to name a two.

Now, there are some vets in this thread who know what I am talking about. The writing is on the wall. Next gen games are strictly designed for stream viewers and novice players. Some will argue this point and I respect that, but disagree. They are all about high damage, high mobility, mix ups and speed.

Injustice 1 was one of the most successful NRS games ever made.. character nostalgia and game design was on point. Multiple archetypes were viable. I am worried hearing a lot of comments from people that quit injustice saying the movement was too slow and it was not dynamic enough. Well... .what about the MKX players that say the game is too fast, too much mobility and factors to account for all options?

I liked injustice 1 the way it was. Every game is a few character balances away from being "balanced" but if I would have realized it was the last game that would truly allow for traditional zoning to work... I would have cherished and bitched about it less. Ya MMH existed and broke the game but at least I had sinestro's trait that I fear will never exist again lol

Let me ask you this... what character in injustice 1 had a possible standing reset tool, ground/air teleport/fake cross over mix up tool, great zoning, a half screen forward dash, high low mix ups? The closest one was MMH (no standing reset but he could set up an orb to armor break so kinda) and batgirl. Both were bitched about at the level of alien and pre patch tanya. I am simply pointing out that the first game play they show in a long time shows a character with possibly more tools than both of those characters. A lot of you didn't play injustice and have never experienced the type of mix ups that gives you in a back to block game. meaty fake cross up to tele, meaty cross up to tele, random block string teleports at any given time. "but shut up its react able..." Ya.. did you guys always block alien's random string cancel to overhead or low? Nope. Not one of you did. If post patch scorp had this type of zoning and forced players to come to him... he would have been up there with MMH.

The zoning seems to only be in her trait. We need to see the cool down and how many lasers she gets with trait. It would be nice to see the frames on teleport maybe both options are punishable with d2. We don't know 100% yet. We don't know the frames on her moves. We only have some video clips. Could she be top tier broken. Yes. Could she suck. Yes. We don't 100% yet. Lets see a few more characters before we start thinking every character is going to be like MKX. Some characters are vortex like characters. It happens. Fighting games and such. Also with the game not have a run button i think that will help a lot.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

injustice only had zoning on that level because the walkspeed had to be worst in any fg ever combined with the size of the stages. The game practically did all the work for zoners. And even then a "zoning" character like sinestro had a safe meterless vortex lul. I'd take mobility closer to mkx over injustice any day (which seems to be the case) and I'm not even an mk cuck

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think we should look at the frame data first. There is a precadent for ridiculous crap in NRS games, but they've always been that way.

But I've said that people should try something before freaking out since...forever. Since like...MK9. No one cares. No one will know anything until they actually play the game. All this agenda-pushing and scare-mongering is a waste of time.

These games have always had fucked up stuff in them, always. Injustice wasn't some Honest Man's Game and those that tell you it was are liars. Sinestro Pushblock glitch, Batgirl's "infinite" that was hot fixed out, MMH's teleport, Scorpion on release, Flash, Bane(with Venom, he could buff the damage the interactables he threw did, sometimes chucking unblockable 40% interactables at you), etc. There were a lot of ambiguous cross up set ups, looping vortexes, etc.

Ultimately, the people that like the game will grind, compete, and succeed. The people that don't...won't.

That's all I have to say on the matter.