What's new

New Shao Kahn render! MK11

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
We have a new, in-game look at Shao Kahn for his upcoming release in Mortal Kombat 11. It looks like that fancy Samurai looking gear might be part of his new outfit, with the Emperor of Outworld looking to mix things up for his first playable debut in the modern MK era.

https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/status/1082361325890588672

And he looks absolutely awesome, imo!

*Edited and Promoted by HellblazerHawkman

A Raiden render was subsequently released to go with the Shao Kahn render

-Charybdis

Last edited by a moderator:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
He looks awesome.

Also it indeed looks like the customization menu.

Interesting is this weird cave background. Reminds me of Jades MK9 ending her meeting the mysterious woman.

Coincidence? Maybe not

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Its alright, but I much, much more prefer the classic look to this. Shao Kahn should not be about flash and this looks a bit too flashy.
He entered the series wearing a giant shiny skull with a huge plate on top, and giant spikes coming out of his shoulders. Dude's always had that swag. If anything, this is actually more reserved than MK2.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I dont like this look at all. It feels too convoluted, and way too different from his usual styles. The gold and that arm... I hope you can change him to a more classic look.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Holy fucking shit.

They did what I always wanted them to do, they emphasized his “Outworldness”. Before he just looked like a really big human unless you saw him without the helmet.

Now he looks like some vicious half-dragon/half-godly emperor of a man.

I always main the LARGE and IN CHARGE so he was on my list as soon as he was revealed, but he looks so damn badass I honestly might put him as my 1.

I mean, before he was intimidating, but now he actually looks scary.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Looks cool, but I do like how in that other picture we can make him the OG Klassic Shao Kahn. I like the classic skull mask more. I do like how he looks less human and more like the demonic race he is from Outworld. His hammer looks like a giant meat beater though, not going to lie lol.

Last edited:

Raider

Noob
I hate the fact that he is pre-order bonus, i couldn't care less about him. It literally makes me to not pre-order. There is hype but there is also anti-hype i guess...

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
dem toes....
yikes

on a side note-
has Shao Khan always looked half alien/dragon and the new render system can now properly show this?
what is his Edenian race?

awesome render btw

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
His hammer looks like a giant meat beater though, not going to lie lol.
To be fair, it's not like he uses that thing for carpentry, so I can't fault 'em too much on that design choice.

But seriously, I'm digging the hell out of this half-dragon thing they've got going on. Looks like if He-Man and Samurai Jack had a baby with Shredder as the cool/creepy uncle.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Oh my god. My man looks soooo dope. And everyone needs to calm down about this look being too far removed from his original look. Did people not watch the part in the trailer when Scorpion shows up with gear he wore decades ago? You'll be able to make him look like old school Kahn, without question.

This looks incredible, though. I can't wait to see more character renders (namely Noob and Ermac).

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
He entered the series wearing a giant shiny skull with a huge plate on top, and giant spikes coming out of his shoulders. Dude's always had that swag. If anything, this is actually more reserved than MK2.
Giant barbarian man is a look, but flashy it isn't. All this gold accented stuff doesn't jive with what I found cool about Shao Kahn at all.

I am sure I will be able to have the classic look, but I just don't like this one at all.