What's new

Tech New Rain reset tech?

I was in the lab with Rain and I was trying out some combo's and I found a potential reset with him that I don't think anyone knows about or hasn't said anything about it yet.If you're in the corner and you do JIP 4,3,B4-D1,Lightning-Roundhouse-4,3,EX Lightning.If you time the 4,3,EX Lightning right, and they don't block after the 4,3 , the EX lightning will reset them for another combo. Sadly I don't have any recording device to show you guy's what I just found out.Also, I'm not sure how practical it is yet because I couldn't land very consistently.Feel free to say if this is old news.
Video thanks to EMMURE789
**EDIT** since people keep asking i'll include it in this post, this CANNOT I repeat CANNOT be escaped or punished except possibly by and advancing special ie. KL's EX spin Sonya's cartwheel. when you do 4,3,EX Lightning the first hit of EX lightning will link into the initial combo that cannot be blocked and will make them stand up,robbing them of waking up or tech-rolling.The last 2 hits of EX lightning is what will reset them if they dont block
**NEW** Midscreen version:4,3,Lightning-4,3,Water bubble-4,3,EX Lightning.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Yeah this wont work because all i have to do is block then i punish your lightning with full combo. And in the corner no less oh goodie. Or tech roll. Or stay down. Or armor wakeup.

Honestly people, if you think you find a reset try it against everything possible. A human, preferably.

LEGEND

YES!
sounds risky cause if they do block its full combo punishable

doesn't seem like it would be good to use more than once on an opponent because your trying to catch them off guard, after getting hit by it they will just make sure to block next time (which could have its uses i guess)

overall not a bad piece of tech to throw out at someone at random, just don't risk it if a following punish can kill you or if you have only the one bar to do it

My bad guys there was an error in my post! When you do the 4,3 EX Lightining the first hit of hit will link into the combo and the last 2 will reset them

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
sounds risky cause if they do block its full combo punishable
Actually no. Its a perfectly valid attempt to reset the opponent, as :ex Lightning is -5 on block and there isn't a move in the game that can punish at 5 frames on block, especially if you do this Midscreen, there will be a good distance between you and your opponent, so you can't even be block string punished for it, only invincible or armoured wake ups will beat it.

Your risking a bar of :ex meter, but if it works, your in the money mr hat.

Yeah this wont work because all i have to do is block then i punish your lightning with full combo. And in the corner no less oh goodie. Or tech roll. Or stay down. Or armor wakeup.

Honestly people, if you think you find a reset try it against everything possible. A human, preferably.
Also this cant be escaped,only blocked since the first hit of EX lightning will link into the initial combo making them stand up though the last 2 can be blocked. And im pretty sure this can't be punished be punished because the distance they are at when you do it. Go into training and try it yourself and prove me wrong :p

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
My bad guys there was an error in my post! When you do the 4,3 EX Lightining the first hit of hit will link into the combo and the last 2 will reset them
Wait what? Are you saying the 4 will hit, but the combo stops, which is then started again with the 3 ex lightning?

And although you cant punish ex lightning, i can tech roll and jump in. Harder to do but you can still get blown up for this. I wil try it out ASAP.

UsedForGlue

I was in the lab with Rain and I was trying out some combo's and I found a potential reset with him that I don't think anyone knows about or hasn't said anything about it yet.If you're in the corner and you do JIP 4,3,B4-D1,Lightning-Roundhouse-4,3,EX Lightning.If you time the 4,3,EX Lightning right, and they don't block after the 4,3 , the EX lightning will reset them for another combo. Sadly I don't have any recording device to show you guy's what I just found out.Also, I'm not sure how practical it is yet because I couldn't land very consistently.Feel free to say if this is old news.
Good shit.

Midscreen, this isn't even a gamble, unless the opponent can use an armoured move on wake or invincible move to punish it.

:ex lightning is -5 on block, so it can't be punished, but midscreen there will be a distance between you and your opponent for this.

UsedForGlue

Wait what? Are you saying the 4 will hit, but the combo stops, which is then started again with the 3 ex lightning?
The opponent will hit the ground from the combo ending in 43 and a regular lighting will wiff if you intentionally do it, but if you wiff :en lightning, the 2nd and 3rd hits will hit the opponent as they get up, they have to block, or invincible wake up / armour wake up.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
The opponent will hit the ground from the combo ending in 43 and a regular lighting will wiff, but if you wiff :en lightning, the 2nd and 3rd hits will hit the opponent as they get up, they have to block, or invincible wake up / armour wake up.
OHHHH okay i get it. Will this pick you up off the ground if you try to stay down?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
i retract my earlier statement, this might actually be quite useful. Shows me for trying to be a nay-sayer lol.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
wooooow! very good find man! much better then the crapset i found lol

I don't think you have to use the 43 ex lighting, i find the timing to be really hard when are you doing 43?

i just do ex lighting at the highest point of the bubble and it resets them, with that being said i think you can do this after any bubble...

finally a way to keep people right in are face...even if we are at -5

i will also post a video for you :D

wooooow! very good find man! much better then the crapset i found lol

I don't think you have to use the 43 ex lighting, i find the timing to be really hard when are you doing 43?

i just do ex lighting at the highest point of the bubble and it resets them, with that being said i think you can do this after any bubble...

finally a way to keep people right in are face...even if we are at -5

i will also post a video for you :D
Be sure to link me when you do! I just want to make sure people are doing it right since some people think it resets off of a knockdown...