What's new

Tech New Rain reset tech?

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Can you hook me up with the inputs? I'll try and work the kinks out.
I unfortunately wasn't able to consistently do it so I was never able to figure which combos actually work, I THINK it was 4,3~Lightning, 43~Bubble, 43~Super Kick, 43~EnLightning. I got it to work around three times or so but I'm not sure if that was the order or not.

I unfortunately wasn't able to consistently do it so I was never able to figure which combos actually work, I THINK it was 4,3~Lightning, 43~Bubble, 43~Super Kick, 43~EnLightning. I got it to work around three times or so but I'm not sure if that was the order or not.
Got it to work,I'll be sure to give you credit and add it to my post. :D

lazybird123

Got it to work,I'll be sure to give you credit and add it to my post. :D
For the record, I also found that you can get the reset other ways other than how you did it in the corner, however, yours seems to be 100% consistent, I got it the first time I tried it and that was before there was a video

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
are either of the resets mentioned in this thread actually legit and work?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
This looks interesting. Now, we can't rely on that one corner combo or else the tech loses it's utility. We need to test several setups until we find one that is foolproof for many scenarios.

EMMURE789 's video is a good example on the right direction. Will test it myself. The bubble setup seems very useful because you can move the opponent away so you won't get punished if it is blocked.

lazybird123

I tried for quite a while to get the mid-screen version to work and I couldn't, I can't for the life of me figure out how I did it

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
so i have been messing with this, and i don't think Rain is going to turn into a Cyrax like, he needs it, character.

the biggest thing about this Reset is that are opponents well have to respect the fact the we can now do 70+%, and once they respect that we will more or less get free block strings, and grabs.

say you get your opponent in a bubble, drop him and grab him twice in a row, the next time you get him in a bubble he might be thinking..."fuck this I'm going to blow him up with a poke, or pressure and not get grabbed." and that is when you blow him up with the reset.

I fell like once they know you can reset them they are not going to let go of block so ideally you could just drop them, use your RH pressure and keep them in your face were no one wants Rain to be.

i also think everyone should also try using the EX lighting are the high of the bubble, right when the burst out, use your EX lighting is has the same effect. I'm not saying resetting of 4,3 is a bad idea, i just find the timing very hard

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
so i have been messing with this, and i don't think Rain is going to turn into a Cyrax like, he needs it, character.

the biggest thing about this Reset is that are opponents well have to respect the fact the we can now do 70+%, and once they respect that we will more or less get free block strings, and grabs.

say you get your opponent in a bubble, drop him and grab him twice in a row, the next time you get him in a bubble he might be thinking..."fuck this I'm going to blow him up with a poke, or pressure and not get grabbed." and that is when you blow him up with the reset.

I fell like once they know you can reset them they are not going to let go of block so ideally you could just drop them, use your RH pressure and keep them in your face were no one wants Rain to be.

i also think everyone should also try using the EX lighting are the high of the bubble, right when the burst out, use your EX lighting is has the same effect. I'm not saying resetting of 4,3 is a bad idea, i just find the timing very hard
The problem with this is why not just blow them up with 4RH and set them right back in the situation again? It doesnt take more meter and you can get almost the same damage while being safe. I dont really see this reset becoming a very powerful part of rains game because his RH mindgames are already so good and safe.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
The problem with this is why not just blow them up with 4RH and set them right back in the situation again? It doesnt take more meter and you can get almost the same damage while being safe. I dont really see this reset becoming a very powerful part of rains game because his RH mindgames are already so good and safe.
That's true, i was just sharing what the best use for the reset might be
plus 4 is 9 frames so they could still poke out, they can't poke out of EX lighting

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
That's true, i was just sharing what the best use for the reset might be
plus 4 is 9 frames so they could still poke out, they can't poke out of EX lighting
I doubt anyone will seriously consider trying to poke out off a bubble drop. The only thing i would be worried about is them armoring or Xray through as soon as they hit the ground.
I can also space out the quick poke since 43 and B2 have good range.