What's new

Tech New Rain reset tech?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I definitely wanna see this is action. Might actually find a true use for EX-lightning. It sounds kinda like a hopeful thing like most resets though it is inescapable. If EX lightning was plus on block this would be godlike. The only bad part it sounds like is the fact that it is a bar of meter that may not be spent well. For rain that can be very bad. Who knows though. Good find man.

LEGEND

YES!
Actually no. Its a perfectly valid attempt to reset the opponent, as :ex Lightning is -5 on block and there isn't a move in the game that can punish at 5 frames on block, especially if you do this Midscreen, there will be a good distance between you and your opponent, so you can't even be block string punished for it, only invincible or armoured wake ups will beat it.

Your risking a bar of :ex meter, but if it works, your in the money mr hat.
wtf? i guess the Traing Dummy is really that bad.

i was playing against rain for about an hour last night with the meter on full and i full punished the cpu every time he did EX lightning lol

how can they escape 1 frame gaps in my pressure but let themself get punishe for a -5 special? oh well

i was playing against rain for about an hour last night with the meter on full and i full punished the cpu every time he did EX lightning lol

how can they escape 1 frame gaps in my pressure but let themself get punishe for a -5 special? oh well
Go back and read my edit to the original post,it explains EXACTLY how the reset works.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yes, it is that bad. You can't but your 100% in the training mode, things need to be first proven against a person of good quality, then it finally has its place in the game once it is pulled off at high level.

If someone did this at VSM, no questions would be asked because of the standard or play and quality of players, il give it a bash on some of my mates and see how it works.

Yes, it is that bad. You can't but your 100% in the training mode, things need to be first proven against a person of good quality, then it finally has its place in the game once it is pulled off at high level.

If someone did this at VSM, no questions would be asked because of the standard or play and quality of players, il give it a bash on some of my mates and see how it works.
Unless you are so godlike you can jump or armor between the first and second hit of EX Lightning i'm pretty sure this is inescapable. They HAVE to block the last 2 hits of EX lightning since the first connects making them stand.Did NO ONE read the edit in my post?!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The idea i had for it doesn't work.

If you wiff the :en lightning, the 2nd and 3rd hits won't come out.

:(

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
guess i will share this as well

while i was messing around with this, and making the video for pyro i made a 70% mid screen as well
FYI this reset can been done off any bubble set up...as seen in video.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
I'm glad I recently got on the Rain bandwagon, I was messing around yesterday and I got the reset to work outside of the corner but it wasn't consistent