What's new

New pushblock bug with the new patch

Dark_Rob

Noob
Also, I have done a lot of experimenting with this because I find it extremely irritating. If you replace the normal square gate with an octagonal gate you will have a much easier time being dead on with your up down left right directions because with an octagonal gate there is a corner for every direction. It does nothing however to alleviate the problem of moving through diagonals and getting special moves accidentally as a result. The only fix for that is to use alternate controls, which has its own problems now and also isn't feasible for some characters.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Pretty much the best explanation of it here. Also the window for special move motions is just ridiculously long.
Il use Green Lantern as an example of what I mean. Suppose an opponent is on top of you pressuring you and your crouch blocking and your opponent ends in something negative on block. So you as the Lantern player attempt to go on offense with your B13 string. Because you were holding down crouch blocking if you move directly to Back for B1 the game will instead read it as Down, back 1 and give you Lanterns Might(a very unsafe move if blocked up close)

The reason for this is because in moving from down to back you are passing through the diagonal direction Down/back and as SAO said the MK controls only recognize Up down left right, but the game reads the diagonals as well. In essence the confusion between the way the controls work and the way the game reads them lets you hit the same direction(in this case down) twice. You are already holding down crouch blocking(That's the first down, which is not read) and then when you move directly to Back(moving through Down/Back, this is what inadvertently make it come out as a special move)

Basically the only guaranteed way to make sure you don't get random special moves in normal controls is to:
1. Make sure youre left, right, down, up executions are dead on accurate. (Difficult on a square gate stick because there are no corners for up,down,left,right)
and
2. Whenever you are already holding a direction( such as crouch blocking or walking forward or backward) you must make sure to release the stick into neutral before doing any normal moves that require a directional input as well. Neutral is like hitting reset in the games reading of your commands so that any previous directions you were holding are not combined with the directional of the move you want.

There is a window where you can pass through neutral and still get special moves(such as Back,Foward or Down, up moves) but this is a faster window and is intentionally there as opposed to the enormous window your getting because of the way the game reads directionals.

TLDR:
all in all the controls are fucked, somebody get me an advil.

The testers are too hard headed to acknowledge this. Which is a huge flaw in the way they work on this game..

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Nope. Its the fact that mk controls LITERALLY only read up, down, left and right. HOWEVER the inputs the game reads are up, up/left, left, left/down, down, down/right, right, up/right. Therefore the game is unable to determine whether or not you want to hold down or did a fireball motion when you are holding slightly forward or backwards.

Not an issue if you're a pad player, but on stick its annoying. Especially with square gates...

Release check is negative edge. Aka when you release a button it counts as a a button press.
I know what it reads...

So tell me why I have rarely had an accidental move come out on me in MK9 or Injustice since 2011. I use MK controls without Negative Edge and have no problems on a Madcatz TE stick with a square gate.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I know what it reads...

So tell me why I have rarely had an accidental move come out on me in MK9 or Injustice since 2011. I use MK controls without Negative Edge and have no problems on a Madcatz TE stick with a square gate.

Because mk9 doesn't read diagonals. And most likely because you are amazing with motions on your pad. Unlike me who is terrible and complaining because I don't know how to use a stick.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I know what it reads...

Frankly, I find that hard to believe. Im not calling you a liar or anything, its just on a square gate stick the problem is so glaringly obvious I don't know how it couldn't have affected you. Myself not being familiar with every single character in Injustice it could be a character thing I suppose. Like maybe your characters special moves commands don't correspond with your characters normal move commands enough for it to be a problem?
I got lucky that way in MK9 with Subzero for instance. You couldn't dash forward and do D3 with Subzero because there was a big chance you would dash forward and get an ice blast instead(moving from forward to down and passing through the D/F direction) But with Subby it didn't matter because no one used his D3 because his D4 was way better. And there were no special moves that used the 4 button.

That's the only thing I can think of that could save you from having to deal with this problem.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Dark_Rob Sao87 ... perhaps I'm just used to it. I am pretty good at doing anti air d1 with Kitana and converting it into a dash up d1~EX Fan Lift which a lot of people struggle with because of the d,b,1 Square Wave input. So I guess I see what you guys are talking about.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Dark_Rob Sao87 ... perhaps I'm just used to it. I am pretty good at doing anti air d1 with Kitana and converting it into a dash up d1~EX Fan Lift which a lot of people struggle with because of the d,b,1 Square Wave input. So I guess I see what you guys are talking about.

It only happens in injustice.. Look at the commands to do special moves. For example green arrow down, back 1. But if you look at how inputs are read in training mode diagonals are shown. Therefore when you just want to press down 1 to counterpoke, if you are slightly back or forward you get a special move because the game reads it as a down, forward motion..

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It only happens in injustice.. Look at the commands to do special moves. For example green arrow down, back 1. But if you look at how inputs are read in training mode diagonals are shown. Therefore when you just want to press down 1 to counterpoke, if you are slightly back or forward you get a special move because the game reads it as a down, forward motion..
I know this >_>

... and it is in MK9 and all the way back to UMK3 (probably MK1) with how this works!

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
This is actually really fucked up, I'm surprised nobody is talking about it. This did not exist in the old version. In some cases if you end a combo with a MB move then block a wake up (while standing) you will get a push block. Nobody wants a bar of meter to be wasted in a tournament match right?

Test it out and see. This is something that needs to be fixed.
too bad nrs already did their final patch :p

unless maybe they could hotfix it....