What's new

New pushblock bug with the new patch

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Does this happen after a meter burn move actually comes out?
I'm not sure.

Every situation it happened to me in yesterday, my mb move didn't come out. Like I would input it, block something a few seconds later, and then push block.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Has NRS said anything about when they might fix this. The game is a little too frustrating right now when I'm accidentally push blocking something I could've punished.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
This is dreary indeed. However, unfortunately it is to be expected from NRS. As good and creative as their games are, they can't seem to iron out all the kinks prior to release or post release of content. After all, look at what happened when they tried making SFIV using their engine:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Does this happen after a meter burn move actually comes out?
If you press MB 1 time, let the MB come out and then block it wont happen. BUT if you whiff your MB move (MB only comes out on hit or block) it will push block on it's own when you block. Also if you like to double tap your MB moves (I do it) it will happen a lot.

In short, if you press MB at all without using it to actually MB something you will end up getting a push block on your next block.

Jimmypotato Think about how fucked up this is in the Lex and Arrow match.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
If you press MB 1 time, let the MB come out and then block it wont happen. BUT if you whiff your MB move (MB only comes out on hit or block) it will push block on it's own when you block. Also if you like to double tap your MB moves (I do it) it will happen a lot.

In short, if you press MB at all without using it to actually MB something you will end up getting a push block on your next block.

Jimmypotato Think about how fucked up this is in the Lex and Arrow match.
What the fuck eh,

This is actually unacceptable man. how is this not front paged, this needs to be addressed and fixed. I know there are the other controls, but a player should not be forced to relearn inputs and muscle memory just to fuckin play the game. Lets go NRS, at least give us a statement on it or something, I hate how they are silent about these things.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Stahp using Alternate Controls for now guys.

Honestly man, thats dumb, and you know it. They put the option in, people have been playing a certain way since April. If I used Alternate Controls, I would be 100% done with this game right now. I def would not be playing in any locals or wanting to travel. This just hurts the scene and the game.

Also, the worst thing is no one from NRS saying anything about it.

It's frustrating, the small little scene I do have here, a couple of the people use alternate controls cause they come from street fighter, this will cement them not wanting to play the game, and the death of it in my city. And I can't even tell them "well it's ok guys, they know about it, and will have it hot fixed in a week or 2, cause I don't know"

trufenix

bye felicia
Also, the worst thing is no one from NRS saying anything about it.
The worst thing is the impatience of this community, it hasn't even been a full week since the patch. If there's no response, its cause there's nothing to say. Nobody who reads this board has license to say if Injustice is getting a patch again, so just be patient.

Or are you really that hard up for a Mike Z-esque "I fixed it this morning, but you'll probably never see it" post?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The worst thing is the impatience of this community, it hasn't even been a full week since the patch. If there's no response, its cause there's nothing to say. Nobody who reads this board has license to say if Injustice is getting a patch again, so just be patient.

Or are you really that hard up for a Mike Z-esque "I fixed it this morning, but you'll probably never see it" post?

It's not inpatients, its a problem with their game. They said themselves after MK they would be trying to communicate better with the community on things like this. it took them months and months to finally tell us they couldn't fix the input bug in MK 9, we just had to deal with it.

And the way they made there game, they can Hotfix certain things without a full patch. And when it was a patch in the first place that broke the game, they should explain.

But whatever, who am I.

trufenix

bye felicia
It's not inpatients, its a problem with their game. They said themselves after MK they would be trying to communicate better with the community on things like this. it took them months and months to finally tell us they couldn't fix the input bug in MK 9, we just had to deal with it.

And the way they made there game, they can Hotfix certain things without a full patch. And when it was a patch in the first place that broke the game, they should explain.

But whatever, who am I.
It IS impatience, that's exactly what it is. NRS is a business, not a bunch of kids in a basement. Just because you/me/a bunch of customers on facebook think an issue is TOP PRIORITY does not mean everyone in the business does. And very few businesses come to any decisions in 4 days. Therefore until the business someone decides wether:

a) it can / can't be fixed
b) another release / hotfix is allowed
c) anyone is allowed to talk about it

there is zero point in issuing a communication of any sort.

Think about what you're asking them to say. Think about the words (positive or negative) actually being posted on the board and what would be the response. Now think about the damage control necessary if it turns out those words are not the final verdict.

Stay patient.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
It IS impatience, that's exactly what it is. NRS is a business, not a bunch of kids in a basement. Just because you/me/a bunch of customers on facebook think an issue is TOP PRIORITY does not mean everyone in the business does. And very few businesses come to any decisions in 4 days. Therefore until the business someone decides wether:

a) it can / can't be fixed
b) another release / hotfix is allowed
c) anyone is allowed to talk about it

there is zero point in issuing a communication of any sort.

Think about what you're asking them to say. Think about the words (positive or negative) actually being posted on the board and what would be the response. Now think about the damage control necessary if it turns out those words are not the final verdict.

Stay patient.

you should work PR for them. I find it unacceptable, because I paid for this product, it's not like they are doing me a favor, a guy expects a certain level of quality. It's just like people giving rockstar a free pass for there glitchy horrible online GTA.

Eitherway, whatever. Good luck to those who use alternate controls.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
They have been weirdly tight lipped about the game since Zatanna, I mean even more then usual.

I would have to imagine they are working on a fix, this is way too huge of a bug to not have super priority.
Then again... Zod was fucked for months.

Even just a driveby stupid ass gif from hector would be welcome, anything....

Oh sure, completely change my controls 1 week before we have a major tournament. I've already tried it and it fucking sucks. Weird buffered inputs, moves that I don't want coming out, etc. No thanks.

Flagg

Noob
Guys what exactly is the difference between alternative and normal controls an where do I find this option?

On a pad I have issues where bf and attack comes out as f attack. Really annoying!

Noob
i Think i might have found a new Bug... this aint that big of a deal and its not even game affecting but you know its there... So i use Control Set custom 3 and in training mode when ever you switch your character to play as 2nd player and switch the start up possition to Left everything is all cool but if you switch it back to your player 1 character and reset by pressing select the game will switch your Hard atack to your Power button and vise versa... this doesnt happen always but it happens pretty frequently... just as a note since this isnt even that relevant but you know again its there

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Just dont use alternate controls and deal with random moves coming out. Great idea to code in diagonal directions and then provide a set of mk9 controls that only reads up, down, left and right.

Flagg

Noob
I just switched to alt controls and I get this all the time.

Why is with nrs an input bugs? I swapped to alts cause I was sick of bf attacks coming out as f attacks, yoga flame input being much more favourable but I'm now getting this pushblock shit

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
This sounds like a bug. The same kind of thing happened in MK9 AND MK vs DC when you use Alt controls the bug resets it to default control settings. So if it does not get fixed due to being an Unreal Engine problem, Alt control users may have to start remembering two sets of control layouts. Hows about that for reaction?

During MK vs DC and MK9 on PS3 with Alt controls, when the controller battery was going dead, plug it into the PS3 to charge and it reset to default control when you unplugged it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Oh sure, completely change my controls 1 week before we have a major tournament. I've already tried it and it fucking sucks. Weird buffered inputs, moves that I don't want coming out, etc. No thanks.
Just dont use alternate controls and deal with random moves coming out. Great idea to code in diagonal directions and then provide a set of mk9 controls that only reads up, down, left and right.
The only thing that makes random moves come out is Release Check... turn that shit off.

Reactions: RYX