What's new

New pushblock bug with the new patch

This is actually really fucked up, I'm surprised nobody is talking about it. This did not exist in the old version. In some cases if you end a combo with a MB move then block a wake up (while standing) you will get a push block. Nobody wants a bar of meter to be wasted in a tournament match right?

Test it out and see. This is something that needs to be fixed.
I was playing classy yesterday and it kept happening to him. He was using catwoman and lobo. I didn't believe him till I saw this thread.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
All i know is offline my xbox keeps acting like its having lag spikes and many people have txted me about it today like i know whats wrong lol

colt

Anyone else having this issue?

This was happening to me two patches ago with the zod release. Loading up after a patch for some reason the first time it really lags out on character select then about 10 to 25 seconds into training mode it starts to chop pretty bad.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The only thing that makes random moves come out is Release Check... turn that shit off.
Not for me. With normal controls if I hit a corner when trying to D1 I get a special. Turning off release check helps but the problem is you only have to do a portion of the motion for a move to come out.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Not for me. With normal controls if I hit a corner when trying to D1 I get a special. Turning off release check helps but the problem is you only have to do a portion of the motion for a move to come out.
Remember when I caved in the top of a $300 joystick because of this? lol Number 1 reason I don't play the game. The controls have a mind of their own and just do what they want to do regardless of what you want them to do.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Remember when I caved in the top of a $300 joystick because of this? lol Number 1 reason I don't play the game. The controls have a mind of their own and just do what they want to do regardless of what you want them to do.
Yeah that shit was crazy lol. That's why I like alternate controls but they can be a little too strict with the half circle motions. They need to make the HC motions a little less strict or switch it to back forward.

I understand waiting for a solution and what not, but I will vent my frustration with the bug. If it comes to pass that it will not be fixed I will learn how to play without alternate controls, but I will not waste my time practicing for a month using regular and then get a patch for the bug and have to relearn the alternate set again. "But you could just keep using regular" if that were the case I would have used it from the beginning if there were not obvious problems with doing so from the beginning. There are many characters I infact do not use alternate as my peers can verify, but my Main character Flash I refuse to use normal control setting. It is as dumb an argument as the tournament in Tekken where they forces joystick only ad no pad play.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Yeah that shit was crazy lol. That's why I like alternate controls but they can be a little too strict with the half circle motions. They need to make the HC motions a little less strict or switch it to back forward.
If they did one of the following(which will never happen, but what the hell) I would try Injustice again

1. make alt control HCF/HCB motions be QCF/QCB

or

2. Since most of the HCF/HCB commands in alt controls equate to B,F or F,B commands in normal controls then just make them B,F or F,B in alt controls to. I never had a problem with B,F moves in normal controls, only DB and DF.

But trying to do instant air HCF motions is just Ugh.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Oh good I'm not alone in feeling that both Alt controls and Normal both suck for different reasons.

This shouldn't have been a problem, there should not have ever been two control methods, just replace the normal tap motions for QC motions, and replace BF motions with Z motions.

Would make the game control so much better.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
Ya this bug is ... really shitty. How did this even come to pass? It happens to me all the time in matches ... did they not playtest the patchat all?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Oh good I'm not alone in feeling that both Alt controls and Normal both suck for different reasons.

This shouldn't have been a problem, there should not have ever been two control methods, just replace the normal tap motions for QC motions, and replace BF motions with Z motions.

Would make the game control so much better.
what's a Z motion? I have a really limited FG experience right now. :p

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
This was happening to me two patches ago with the zod release. Loading up after a patch for some reason the first time it really lags out on character select then about 10 to 25 seconds into training mode it starts to chop pretty bad.
exactly the same thing with me too since zod's release,it's not all the time but regular enough to irritate me.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
The only thing that makes random moves come out is Release Check... turn that shit off.

Nope. Its the fact that mk controls LITERALLY only read up, down, left and right. HOWEVER the inputs the game reads are up, up/left, left, left/down, down, down/right, right, up/right. Therefore the game is unable to determine whether or not you want to hold down or did a fireball motion when you are holding slightly forward or backwards.

Not an issue if you're a pad player, but on stick its annoying. Especially with square gates...

Release check is negative edge. Aka when you release a button it counts as a a button press.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Nope. Its the fact that mk controls LITERALLY only read up, down, left and right. HOWEVER the inputs the game reads are up, up/left, left, left/down, down, down/right, right, up/right. Therefore the game is unable to determine whether or not you want to hold down or did a fireball motion when you are holding slightly forward or backwards.

Not an issue if you're a pad player, but on stick its annoying. Especially with square gates...

Release check is negative edge. Aka when you release a button it counts as a a button press.
Pretty much the best explanation of it here. Also the window for special move motions is just ridiculously long.
Il use Green Lantern as an example of what I mean. Suppose an opponent is on top of you pressuring you and your crouch blocking and your opponent ends in something negative on block. So you as the Lantern player attempt to go on offense with your B13 string. Because you were holding down crouch blocking if you move directly to Back for B1 the game will instead read it as Down, back 1 and give you Lanterns Might(a very unsafe move if blocked up close)

The reason for this is because in moving from down to back you are passing through the diagonal direction Down/back and as SAO said the MK controls only recognize Up down left right, but the game reads the diagonals as well. In essence the confusion between the way the controls work and the way the game reads them lets you hit the same direction(in this case down) twice. You are already holding down crouch blocking(That's the first down, which is not read) and then when you move directly to Back(moving through Down/Back, this is what inadvertently make it come out as a special move)

Basically the only guaranteed way to make sure you don't get random special moves in normal controls is to:
1. Make sure youre left, right, down, up executions are dead on accurate. (Difficult on a square gate stick because there are no corners for up,down,left,right)
and
2. Whenever you are already holding a direction( such as crouch blocking or walking forward or backward) you must make sure to release the stick into neutral before doing any normal moves that require a directional input as well. Neutral is like hitting reset in the games reading of your commands so that any previous directions you were holding are not combined with the directional of the move you want.

There is a window where you can pass through neutral and still get special moves(such as Back,Foward or Down, up moves) but this is a faster window and is intentionally there as opposed to the enormous window your getting because of the way the game reads directionals.

TLDR:
all in all the controls are fucked, somebody get me an advil.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Could this have been avoided if there had been a Block button?
No. MK9 had this same issue. Its a problem with how the MK directions are set up. Imagine playing a game like pacman, a game that only uses and recognizes down,up,left and right. Now imagine using an 8 way joystick and the game reads those directional inputs but doesn't recognize them as being independent commands and youll get an idea of the confusion the MK controls create within the game.

Lilith

Baebality
No. MK9 had this same issue. Its a problem with how the MK directions are set up. Imagine playing a game like pacman, a game that only uses and recognizes down,up,left and right. Now imagine using an 8 way joystick and the game reads those directional inputs but doesn't recognize them as being independent commands and youll get an idea of the confusion the MK controls create within the game.
so the only confusion i have here, (bear with me as i am new to this fight stick thing) is why this isn't an issue on pad.

Dark_Rob

Noob
so the only confusion i have here, (bear with me as i am new to this fight stick thing) is why this isn't an issue on pad.
It not as MUCH of an issue on pad just because of the way a pad is designed. On a pad you can lift up your thumb and go right from one direction to another. This lifting of the thumb is essentially like going into neutral on a joystick. Only its much more natural on a pad. You can make it happen on a pad to though, you just have to try to consciously make it happen as opposed to on a stick where it will happen naturally just based on how a stick is used.