What's new

General/Other - Kitana New Mortal Kombat X Gameplay Trailer - Kitana Revealed!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well I agree the style was realistic... Untill 4... Then it was extremely stylized and often far behind available tech... Even 9 didn't look anywhere near as good as it could...
3D era had understandable issues with entire transition thing at first... Then there's something with MK adding features into the game in rather extensive fasion, preferring quantity oftentimes. So perhaps it's wasn't the intention to make the game look this way specifically. What I mean is that they didn't leave MK (and 9th, for that matter) looking like cartoons many early video games looked like.

It's a render of an early model (or alt look), probably the base full poly/full res model with staged lightning before normal map. I don't consider this an artwork, it's based on the working model that will be in the game (just much higher quality, that you can't throw in real time).
There's an updated one where she looks more like modern Cassie. Too lazy to find it, but you've probably seen it. I see what you're saying, but that's kinda my point - her design isn't as bad, to me at least, as some people think. Her transition into constraints of real-time processed graphics isn't complete yet.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
so why we talkin' about breasticles again?

'cause all I see is two bombass characters in video form with noooooot a lot of gameplay. who's to say her chest area will be prominent in her gameplay?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
LBSH, any tournament in Eu that doesnt have Usedforglue, Twins, myself, Phos, OmegaK and the greek dojo, isnt really the 'pro scene'
While You might be right though many from countries like Russia, Germany, Netherland wont agree with You, I will make sure (if I'll be able to travel) to expand the definition of 'pro scene". I did that once, I might do it again… but this time to You.
Looking so forward to tournament where I'll be able to participate. Consider all I've said an simple headsup mate !

Last edited:

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
You mean this ? http://i.imgur.com/hK31pKV.png

It's a render of an early model (or alt look), probably the base full poly/full res model with staged lightning before normal map. I don't consider this an artwork, it's based on the working model that will be in the game (just much higher quality, that you can't throw in real time).

Kano looks as bad as Cassie, maybe even worse :

There is so many problems with the character's proportions, its texturing and poly distribution..
It would be better if Kano still had that metal plate in his head instead of this Dragonball Z scouter of Vegeta and Nappa. -.-"