What's new

New Injustice 2 Character Reveal - 3.23.2017

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
If you don't consider Green Arrow as revealed then you're dumb.
Well, unlike Lantern, Cyborg, or Flash, NRS hasn't made any acknowledgement of Green Arrow. After the shattered alliances 2 trailer the Injustice twitter said "Welcome Green Lantern to the roster!" without any mention of Oliver which makes me think we'll be getting a GA focused trailer eventually.

myri

Time Warrior
Well, unlike Lantern, Cyborg, or Flash, NRS hasn't made any acknowledgement of Green Arrow. After the shattered alliances 2 trailer the Injustice twitter said "Welcome Green Lantern to the roster!" without any mention of Oliver which makes me think we'll be getting a GA focused trailer eventually.
Maybe but I doubt it. That also wouldn't be a reveal trailer though. We are still waiting on plenty of characters we've barely seen to have trailers that are already revealed. I mean full trailers for themselves. Ivy, Bane, Catwoman, Cheetah, Firestorm, Cyborg plus more. We've seen just as much of them as GA and they are considered revealed, no reason to say GA isn't is all I mean to say.

Last edited:

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Maybe but I doubt it. That also wouldn't a reveal trailer though. We are still waiting on plenty of characters we've barely seen to have trailers that are already revealed. I mean full trailers for themselves. Ivy, Bane, Catwoman, Cheetah, Firestorm, Cyborg plus more. We've seen just as much GA and they are considered revealed, no reason to say GA isn't is all I mean to say.
I don't think that's happening, tbh. The only ones that care about gameplay footage is us, the fgc. The casuals don't care about gameplay particulars or interesting mechanics. They want gear and story mode trailers (see Shattered Alliances).

All the Legacy characters that are revealed in the story mode probably won't get solo trailers imo. I do expect they'll watchtower stream all of them and answer all questions before launch, but if they play similarly to, or identical to the first game, I think it's a wrap. If they're Legacy characters with a totally different design, they'll probably pair them with a new character (see the WoWo Beetle trailer).

I expect they might have 2 minute breakdown trailers of Ivy and Cheetah though, because they did it with Swamp Thing.

trufenix

bye felicia
Well, we have 15 slots left, 9 of them are going to DLC characters and I'm assuming Darkseid is just an additional tenth DLC character because NRS have mentioned regularly how this game is going to have more characters in the base roster than ever before and more DLC than ever before. If there are only 9 DLC characters because Darkseid is counted then you can count Goro too and that means MKX had 9 characters too, which means I2 does NOT have more characters.

SO what I'm getting is 9 DLC + Darkseid so there are only 5 slots left and all 5 of those characters were confirmed in the leak list. So going by this graphic... there's no room for Mr. Freeze as a base separate character.
Why is Darkseid, who has been revealed for months, suddenly getting a box and Freeze who is just as leaked as everyone else on the list not only a clone, but he's also not getting a box at all?

Elder God

Power!
Darkseid will be available on day one for pre orders?
I dont remember when Goro make the cut for MKX like a pre order bonus character

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Why is Darkseid, who has been revealed for months, suddenly getting a box and Freeze who is just as leaked as everyone else on the list not only a clone, but he's also not getting a box at all?
The same way Power Girl, Reverse Flash, and John Stewart aren't getting boxes. I mean, don't fret, they're still in the game. And as skins, they get to have their own voice actors and character dialogue. Plus, as we've seen with Reverse Flash, they might also be a part of the story mode.

Characters that have similar (or identical) powers to confirmed cast members are likely to be premier skins. So you'll have to select Flash to pick Reverse Flash, and Jordan to pick Stewart and so on. They won't have their own, separate identity box, but that doesn't mean they're not an important part of the game and story. Darkseid doesn't fit that model because his powers (Omega Beams) are unique to him.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Of the remaining ones to be revealed Captain Cold is who I want to see most. The tiny glimpse we saw of him looked pretty slick (heh)

Gamer68

Fujin!
Well they confirmed that Shattered Alliances will be getting more parts, so I'm assuming this reveal will be another one of those.

Part 1 = Regime, so they confirmed Cyborg.
Part 2 = Insurgency, so they confirmed Green Arrow and Green Lantern.
Part 3 = Most likely the Society. Probably Captain Cold and Scarecrow reveal.
Part 4 = Assuming there is one, most likely "standalone" characters who aren't apart of a group. The Joker and Black Adam, but it might also touch up on Supergirl, Aquaman, and Brainiac.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Mr Freeze doesn't need to be his own character. He does the exact same thing Captain Cold does and works best as a skin. Besides we are likely getting Sub-Zero as DLC so 3 ice characters is overkill!
Captain Cold, Mr. Freeze and Sub Zero. One of these doesn't fucking belong.

trufenix

bye felicia
Mr Freeze doesn't need to be his own character. He does the exact same thing Captain Cold does and works best as a skin. Besides we are likely getting Sub-Zero as DLC so 3 ice characters is overkill!
You guys must all have missed out on the great Shazam/Black Adam and GL/Sinestro discussions the first time around.

You're talking about the company that invented ice characters in fighting games.