What's new

Breakthrough New HUGE Tech BA

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Doesn't this mean he still has the mixup of going for:

**113xxtrait...**

1. Grab >> even if you tech you still take the orb damage. If you don't break it's close to 20%

2. Overhead launcher string >> can't be backdashed because of the advantage and will stuff out the grab break attempt.

So the mixup still stands that you either take just the orb damage, take the grab and the orb damage, or risk breaking the grab and eat an overhead into an almost half damage combo.

And of course he could just end the string in the overhead with 112 to discourage ducks.

true.. but the grab mix up can be done of mostly anything besides 113...
d1 trait grab works the same
or b2 trait grab
b1 trait grab

and yes 112 will dick you.. but if you croutch the first hit then it eliminates having to croutch the last hit

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
or b2 trait grab
b1 trait grab

and yes 112 will dick you.. but if you croutch the first hit then it eliminates having to croutch the last hit

Okay, so it's not 100% foolproof but if conditioned the opponent to not duck the last two hits then it's still crazy. And either way he still gets yet another free orb damage/grab/overhead launcher setup. I'm not even going to consider the whole "crouch the first hit" thing because it's just waaay too dangerous. Even having an option that would make you think to want to block low up close against BA with no huge repercussion on his part is just adding to BA's game.

Good stuff either way on the counter-find but this is still some obnoxiously strong tech lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
or b2 trait grab
b1 trait grab

only b2 is guaranteed, others can be d1 full comboed

b23 off of this still cant be avoided so it is a mixup, the same one

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Okay, so it's not 100% foolproof but if conditioned the opponent to not duck the last two hits then it's still crazy. And either way he still gets yet another free orb damage/grab/overhead launcher setup. I'm not even going to consider the whole "crouch the first hit" thing because it's just waaay too dangerous. Even having an option that would make you think to want to block low up close against BA with no huge repercussion on his part is just adding to BA's game.

Good stuff either way on the counter-find but this is still some obnoxiously strong tech lol.

it really is.. your best bet if you didnt croutch block anything.. is to try and stand block corretly vs the DK mix up..
IF you guess right.. you get a punish or at least free pressure. since the dk is block pretty high up... and Adam had wasted
a meter on the DK (if not, you definetly get a hard punish)

OR just Push Block 113 and avoid every option.. lol

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
point blank instant divekicks will always cross over as long as they dont duck or walk backwards and fuck it up, this setup ensures they cant do either because you have the b23 threat and anything after 113trait freezes them in place due to the hgue advantage

I just practiced all this, it's actually extremely good. It's legit. Nice find. But you don't think somebody can just block normal, and than if they see you jump in the air block the crossover dive kick on reaction?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I just practiced all this, it's actually extremely good. It's legit. Nice find. But you don't think somebody can just block normal, and than if they see you jump in the air block the crossover dive kick on reaction?
not if you do it right

one is semi reactable, one isnt, they also have incentive to crouch block, make the read and reap the goods

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He is saying if your opponent sees you jump, and they try to react to you jumping and block the cross over kick. Your'e already in the air, you can't b2. I think that is actually pretty smart
its going too deep of a read, if your opp "sees" it youre just getting predictable

ForeverKing

its going too deep of a read, if your opp "sees" it youre just getting predictable

I guess. I still don't know if the cross over dive kick can be blocked on reaction or not, or if it is actually a 50/50 guess with the b2. Because it isn't a mixup if it can be blocked on reaction

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I guess. I still don't know if the cross over dive kick can be blocked on reaction or not, or if it is actually a 50/50 guess with the b2. Because it isn't a mixup if it can be blocked on reaction
scorpions shit can be blocked on reaction, people still fall for them when slips did it.

ForeverKing

scorpions shit can be blocked on reaction, people still fall for them when slips did it.

This is probably better than Scorpion's teleport. Anyways your at frame advantage if they block it. And your at frame advantage if they block b23. This tech is frame advantage that leads to a combo on hit or more frame advantage on block lol

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Oh god I just found something absolutely disgusting and broken off 113 trait. Do an instant jump forward 1 into close footstomp. If you do instant footstomp it does not cross up. Delay footstomp a bit and it will cross up.

So you can do an instant overhead that leads into another overhead that crosses up or not if you press a button a millisecond later. Only tested on superman so it might be character specific or height defendant

Only bad part is that they have to be standing but who wants to duck against black Adam?

Edit: unfortunately it seems to be char specific but against aquaman I was able to hit a cross up jump 2. Either way you can always just do jump close foot stomp and they have to guess whether you will delay it to make it cross up.

Edit: it works against batman. i need someone to help me test it because the mixup is stupid

Edit: Ok this just got more stupid against some characters instant jump2 and jump1 hits. J2 hits cross up and j1 does not. You can't change if j2 footstomp will cross up, though.

Edit: Hopefully the last edit but I found out that 112 trait jails them into standing and is a true block string into j1. Anyways if you guys want to test this do it on lex poor guy gets hit by every jump mixup.

Here are some examples to show how broke this is on lex. Tested with him set on reversal corpse charge.

112 trait nj2 far boot stomp. 3 overheads that don't cross up. True block string.
112 trait nj1 close boot stomp. 3 overheads that don't cross up. True block string
112 trait nj1 far boot stomp. 2 overheads and then a footstomp that crosses up. True block string
112 trait fj2 close boot stomp. 1 overheads into 2 that cross up. Can be escaped because jump 2 is slower and 112 has less advantage.
112 trait fj1 close boot stomp. 2 overheads into another that crosses up if you delay it. Not a true block string if you delay it
112 trait foward jump close boot stomp. 1 overhead into another that crosses up if you delay it. Not a true block string if you delay it.

113 strings are true block strings only if you did the string while they were standing. Otherwise you have to guess if they wiil duck or stand. Also depending the distance nj1 won't hit and fj2 won't cross up,

113 trait fj2 close boot stomp. 2 overheads that cross up, true block string unlike 112 since 113 has more advantage.
113 trait nj2 far boot stomp. 2 overheads that don't cross up. True block string
113 trait nj1 far boot stomp. 1 overhead into another that crosses up. True block string.
113 trait nj1 close boot stomp. 1 overhead into another that doesn't cross up. True block string.
113 trait forward jump close stomp. Crosses up if you delay the boot stomp. Not a true block string if you make it cross up.
113 trait toward jump 1 close boot stomp. 1 overhead into boot stomp that changes if it crosses up depending on how you delay it. Not a true block string if you delay it.

You can do all of this against lex. Juicy. Also sorry for the poor typography. I'm doing their on a tablet while testing it.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
You know I woke up this morning thinking, Godspeed's Adam isn't scary enough as it is, let's give him some ridiculous rushdown tech to go with it.

Also I might start playing this character again now.