What's new

Breakthrough New HUGE Tech BA

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
LOL! I don't even play BA anymore and I played him with this tech and raped... It's a near guaranteed round/match closer! They MUST pushblock or die.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
I've always used 113 for pressure in the corner followed by b23. But never checked if it indeed gave you a free throw...mmmm

Interesting...the possibilities.

But what i don't understand is why you're saying crossup divekick does 48%...if it crosses up, doesn't it get them out of the corner? That's 43% with j2.

Edit: Hmmm sometimes it autocorrects back into the corner...

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Oh i was going to post it when Cat posted the j2 cross up divekick but might as well do it now, sometimes when you do j2 into crossup divekick, if the opponent hits you or something the j2 gets armor. Im trying to replicate it and post it. Did it with GL d2.

P3irce

Noob
Any vids on this ? Stuck doing this on the computer and what to make sure it works on human players, the while wonky crossup stuff

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
LOL! I don't even play BA anymore and I played him with this tech and raped... It's a near guaranteed round/match closer! They MUST pushblock or die.
Well obviously ppl dont know how to avoid the options yet

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Oh i was going to post it when Cat posted the j2 cross up divekick but might as well do it now, sometimes when you do j2 into crossup divekick, if the opponent hits you or something the j2 gets armor. Im trying to replicate it and post it. Did it with GL d2.
wait...ur saying u can get random armor on a j2 if u canel it into DK? if they hit you? can u explain how this works exactly or no? o-0

Mt Mutombo

Banned
wait...ur saying u can get random armor on a j2 if u canel it into DK? if they hit you? can u explain how this works exactly or no? o-0
Yeah!

I set BA to do J2 crossup divekick and i tried to d2 him with GL. And sometimes the j2 would get armor. It happened like 3/10 times so it's not like it's automatic armor.

Axel_Redd

Yeah!

I set BA to do J2 crossup divekick and i tried to d2 him with GL. And sometimes the j2 would get armor. It happened like 3/10 times so it's not like it's automatic armor.
does mb DK have armor? if not then thats really weird, lol. I want to pick up BA, but i don't know if i can remember all this tech x.x, imma need help :(

Mt Mutombo

Banned
does mb DK have armor? if not then thats really weird, lol. I want to pick up BA, but i don't know if i can remember all this tech x.x, imma need help :(
That precisely is why it's weird as fuck, MB divekick has absolutley no armor.

And on topic, the retarded thing about 113 T in the corner, is that no matter what your follow up is, you're safe...i always thought BA was the best character in the corner, this is just adding insult to injury.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The tech is good, its just
...How often is black Adam rushing g.l into a corner and not vice versa. Sure he could technically combo me into the corner but because he does so much damage I will have meter to pushblock. And g.l can always air turbine black Adam almost free at the correct spacing so I should never be in the corner. Just fear b3 mb but if that happens I was too predictable and deserve it.

This isn't corner specific. It could be done from anywhere, anytime, off of a blocked 113.

You realize that right?

No I did not my bad that is a good find that would be ambigious if I didn't find out about it. Thanks deleted old post for lack of awareness

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Qwark28 - Glad you put this up, at least someone is playing this guy properly
I must say though, from the thread i posted like 3-4 days after i got the game, i already tested and posted the intensity that is 113~orbs.
113~orbs allows for any attack up to b2 (15f) and that will still be uninteruptable.
113~orbs F3 is hard to escape. Using batman i could interrupt it with 11 (6f) and d1 (7f) but not with standing 2 (10f). BUT could dash under the f3. Note that armouring the F3 makes this frametrap brutal.
F3 is 28 frames, so;
113~orbs is between +15 & +18
This has been pretty much the only string i will go for after a blocked jump in. 113 is a high but 6 frames, and if people want to duck it you can catch them with ji2~MB divekick to set them straight.

Why people didnt blow up about this then i will never know. But atleast you have been using your brain!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28 - Glad you put this up, at least someone is playing this guy properly
I must say though, from the thread i posted like 3-4 days after i got the game, i already tested and posted the intensity that is 113~orbs.

This has been pretty much the only string i will go for after a blocked jump in. 113 is a high but 6 frames, and if people want to duck it you can catch them with ji2~MB divekick to set them straight.

Why people didnt blow up about this then i will never know. But atleast you have been using your brain!
its +24 or so, opened up major shit like lightning

Axel_Redd

why would u use 113 orbs? i thought there really bad?

i want to learn BA, but i also want someone to show me how to deal with the matchup as well.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
its +24 or so, opened up major shit like lightning

Lightning isnt major shit... risk reward for that is dumb and you arent mixing anyone up with it. Its duckable on reaction for a start, and if they cant duck in time then dont even try, because getting hit by the overhead is where the damage is... Its always been like that.

Throws are fair enough, but you can tech them. The instant divekick crossup has always been known and used. So i just fail to see how this thread is telling people anything new, and everyone blowing up about it is funny, because i have no idea how they win with black adam otherwise. Are they still just divekicking people to death ?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Lightning isnt major shit... risk reward for that is dumb and you arent mixing anyone up with it. Its duckable on reaction for a start, and if they cant duck in time then dont even try, because getting hit by the overhead is where the damage is... Its always been like that.

Throws are fair enough, but you can tech them. The instant divekick crossup has always been known and used. So i just fail to see how this thread is telling people anything new, and everyone blowing up about it is funny, because i have no idea how they win with black adam otherwise. Are they still just divekicking people to death ?
lightning is still a keepaway option from that string though, hell no as a mixup, if you just use 113 you can push ppl away just by touching them

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
lightning is still a keepaway option from that string though, hell no as a mixup, if you just use 113 you can push ppl away just by touching them
I dont understand the need to push people away when you are at +23 or so, you just opened up like every option on his movelist so you pick the slow, seeable, low damage, high risk option....

If you want to gain distance i would just use 113~orb,b23, d1~hands as that does a decent bit of chip and pushback, and has 2 frame traps, and you can kill them for backdashing after b23 on the right read.