What's new

New Game Mode and 3rd Variations to be Revealed Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comments

Status
Looks pretty obvious to me that it is tag mode. Why the fuck they would bother to make all the assists and outro animations for each and every character and assign a button to switch characters mid match just so that it could be a Towers of Time gimmick? Game was obviously rushed and they had tag in mind and couldn't implement it on time, so now they are trying to make it look like a brand new mode they worked on after the game's launch for free because they're nice guys, when it's simply because they couldn't deliver their finished product before the deadline.

Personally, I never gave two shits about tag. Broken ass infinite setups and 90% unbreakable combos in mk9 lol

If they don't release some major tweeks to the frame data of half these moves prior to release this is guna be a shit show and pointless but no doubt they won't.

Nrs has been incredibly lacking on the game support front.

Yes, absolutely. That would be completely bonkers.
Why? It's just giving people more choices. It wouldn't affect any existing features. If you want to play as guest characters you have to simply do nothing, as the option in question would be set to Off by default. Only if you choose to have the Mortal Kombat Experience and not be intruded upon by characters such as the Joker, then you can go to the Settings menu and turn the option On. No one is harmed by this option.

In fact, they've already done that once in a previous game. If I am not mistaken, in MK vs. DC Universe you could choose to play the MK side of the story or the DC one and then you would only play as and encounter MK or DC characters, respectively. Plus, from a programming point of view, it's probably not a super difficult change to make. We are not talking about a game system change of any kind or new content, it's literally modifying the select screen UX for the game so several slots are set to hidden. Voila. It's the exact same logic that gets executed when someone hasn't purchased a DLC character and they go to the select screen and that character's slot is grayed out and you can't select them. This is almost the same but instead of grayed out, the slot would be hidden.

Of course, i could be mistaken about the ease of implementation of said UX change. I don't know exactly how their UX is set-up and how much of it is intertwined with other systems, but generally speaking, it wouldn't be as wide encompassing of a change as something like adding a whole new character, with animations, voice acting, intro and outro dialogs, balancing against other characters, and so on and so forth.

N
Gotta hand it to Roofle and K&M channels. They put very good variations together and went in great detail on why.
I especially liked Kabal's detail on Rooflemonger's.

I concerned about characters like Kollector who don't have enough moves to pick completely unused abilities in V3. I hope for those characters they give them a new move or two.
War Quoit Toss, Vial of Sorrow for the KB and Relic Lure.

Bing bang boom you're welcome.

Scorpion is about to become public enemy no 1 again after this patch i swear lol.
Sonya will be ridiculous as well.

One thing annoying about becoming familiar with all this NRS stuff is how blatantly favored some characters are over others. Ah well, fingers crossed. I'll be happy with no silent buffs like what happened with Geras.

Why? It's just giving people more choices. It wouldn't affect any existing features. If you want to play as guest characters you have to simply do nothing, as the option in question would be set to Off by default. Only if you choose to have the Mortal Kombat Experience and not be intruded upon by characters such as the Joker, then you can go to the Settings menu and turn the option On. No one is harmed by this option.

In fact, they've already done that once in a previous game. If I am not mistaken, in MK vs. DC Universe you could choose to play the MK side of the story or the DC one and then you would only play as and encounter MK or DC characters, respectively. Plus, from a programming point of view, it's probably not a super difficult change to make. We are not talking about a game system change of any kind or new content, it's literally modifying the select screen UX for the game so several slots are set to hidden. Voila. Of course, i could be mistaken about the ease of implementation of said UX change. I don't know exactly how their UX is set-up and how much of it is intertwined with other systems, but generally speaking, it wouldn't be as wide encompassing of a change as something like adding a whole new character, with animations, voice acting, intro and outro dialogs, balancing against other characters, and so on and so forth.

I could maybe seeing them do something like that for single player modes like towers or arcade or whatever, but certainly not for multiplayer modes. Like it or not, those guest characters are part of the game, and it would just seem like a really strange promotion style to let people choose to actively ignore guest characters. Especially when they do so much to promote those characters in the first place.

If it was going to be tag, they would have teased it somehow. It's going to be something very underwhelming, if I had to guess.
feeling that ..... justin holding on any overdone excitement regardless ..... hehe .... hate when not listening that inner voice that says "see it ? I told you so !" .... hehe :cool:

Off the top of my head, the jump in special kick skill she has basically will make her jump-ins like Geras stupid un-needed belly splash, even more unavoidable in a game where it's established jump ins are absurdly strong.
Typical MK11 fashion, Geras' jump in special is a base-kit move, Sonya needs a skill point for it.
It's in her no holds barred variation... Which no one uses.

A variation with Rising Ice and the Arctic Trap seems pretty fun. Mustard was doing some pretty swag corner combos with this loadout. I can't see them going any other direction with this character.
I don't care what it is tbh, I just want something that's fun and doesn't rely on stupid 50/50 gimmicks. That shit ain't fun. When your favorite character isn't fun, you die a little on the inside.

Personally, I would prefer creeping ice to be part of the variation just because it looks cool. Or something with puddle, or something with trap.

I don't care what it is tbh, I just want something that's fun and doesn't rely on stupid 50/50 gimmicks. That shit ain't fun. When your favorite character isn't fun, you die a little on the inside.

Personally, I would prefer creeping ice to be part of the variation just because it looks cool. Or something with puddle, or something with trap.
I wouldn't say die a little but man I'd love to play an official version of Baraka I find fun. Gutted without Spine Burst and Blood Lunge without Leg Kabob simply don't appeal to me.

Looks pretty obvious to me that it is tag mode. Why the fuck they would bother to make all the assists and outro animations for each and every character and assign a button to switch characters mid match just so that it could be a Towers of Time gimmick? Game was obviously rushed and they had tag in mind and couldn't implement it on time, so now they are trying to make it look like a brand new mode they worked on after the game's launch for free because they're nice guys, when it's simply because they couldn't deliver their finished product before the deadline.

Personally, I never gave two shits about tag. Broken ass infinite setups and 90% unbreakable combos in mk9 lol
I would like to believe but Injustice 2 had the same shit. I also think the reality of the Switch version being a thing might hurt its chances. Here's hoping though, even just for split screen tag ladder would be rad.

I feel like the new mode will have something to do with the 3rd augment slot
Yeah I really wish this wasn't a thing but I suspect the new mode has to do with that missing slot as well.

Yeah I really wish this wasn't a thing but I suspect the new mode has to do with that missing slot as well.
I almost forgot about the 3rd augment slot. I wonder if you're right, though I have no idea how having 3 augments instead of 2 would constitute a new game mode?

Status