What's new

New Game Mode and 3rd Variations to be Revealed Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comments

Status
yeah yeah, taking these news with a grain of salt ..... waiting if NRS can surprise us all, or just another disappointment, hehe .... let's see what happens ! :p

i will claim full credit on several variations if they happen to exist

i will claim outrage if they don't exist

so I got something to do either way, passes the time.
Gotta hand it to Roofle and K&M channels. They put very good variations together and went in great detail on why.
I especially liked Kabal's detail on Rooflemonger's.

I concerned about characters like Kollector who don't have enough moves to pick completely unused abilities in V3. I hope for those characters they give them a new move or two.

I'm kind of excited for several characters 3rd variations.

Sub Zero could have Arctic Trap and Up blast.

Kabal could have: Air Gas Blast and Hook Grab.

Kitana could have: Low Fan and Up Fan meaning combos and awesome zoning.

Sonya could have: turret moves which are broke AF.

Baraka could have: Leg Kabob meaning he can restand off 20% and gets to follow up jail. And the flag hit move to auto set flag.

Kollector don't have enough moves but could have: Disk projectile which is an amazing move and fixes a ton of his wiffing issues and zoning.

Jacqui having bionic dash will be OD.

Scorpion having Sin Blade + Misery Blade is actually really good even though it costs a bar to cancel it. Its still very strong having 50/50's off everything and the capability to make most of his string -1/-2 on block without bar. And having a NJP is OD AF.

I actually want Shangs: Shake, Slide and Lift because it could be strong and isn't nerfed like his Warlock GS's. The ability to parry projectiles and moves is strong and KB's and he gains several KB's.

Gotta hand it to Roofle and K&M channels. They put very good variations together and went in great detail on why.
I especially liked Kabal's detail on Rooflemonger's.

I concerned about characters like Kollector who don't have enough moves to pick completely unused abilities in V3. I hope for those characters they give them a new move or two.
Nah they're gonna make kollector's chakram 2 slots (unless they nerf it significantly) and add the useless relic launch and it will still be his best variation lol

yep, Ed Boon already stated that this mode was not played that much on MK9 (when comparing with the total player base at the time), despite people believe it was a major hot stuff, so, agreed ! :D
Don't get me wrong, I think it would be awesome if they added it. I'm incredibly bored with the game and I haven't turned it on in a couple weeks. Tag mode along with new variations would breathe new life into the game. It's sad though because the game hasn't even been out 6 months and it shouldn't need that kind of major shake up already.

Maybe the new mode is gonna be a balance patch mode, basically they apply balance patches to this mode to get feedback, before rolling it out to the rest of the game / tourneys.

Why not just make complete characters with a bunch of the moves available and call it a day? A 3rd variation isn't going to satisfy everyone or help out the game's direction. All it's going to continue to do is have players asking, "which variation is the best"?

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be awesome if they added it. I'm incredibly bored with the game and I haven't turned it on in a couple weeks. Tag mode along with new variations would breathe new life into the game. It's sad though because the game hasn't even been out 6 months and it shouldn't need that kind of major shake up already.
R u me

Guys

What if

...it's Chess Kombat?

Because if Chess Kombat came back

Bruh

(BRUH)
I am all for that. I loved Chess Kombat in MK Deception. Also, since they are adding a new mode, is it too much to hope they would also add a new "No Guests" option for those of us who don't want to play as, or against, guest characters? It would hide guest characters from the select screen, towers, practice, etc. It would also add a "No Guests Kasual Versus" online mode.

So double up on moves
Chakram + command grab + grenade = top 5 kollector

I just hope they dont use that friggin latern explosion move its literally pointless considering he already has bola.

This is good timing as just recently, been loosing interest in the game and have been playing / doing other stuff. Hopefully the changes are significant enough to suck me back in.

Don't get me wrong, still absolutely love this game, but just got burnt out.

Status