What's new

New Game Mode and 3rd Variations to be Revealed Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comments

Status
Realistically, I'd bet the new mode is an actual ranked or even KL for Customs.

I hope Skarlet's 3rd variation is something like Blood Boil, Red Mist, and Red Rain/Krimson Shield. She'd play way different, and be a lot more rushdown, I think. Not having tentacle is a big deal, but blood boil makes up for it with the insane damage and oki.

For D'vorah, I'd guess bombardier beetle, flippin' out, and air dash. Either that or one of the 2 slot moves buffed into being not terrible + Bombardier beetle.

I hope they add a new mode that is like a sparring mode for practice, therefore be even more casual than kasual mode is but for kompetive variations only. No W/L displayed just a place for people to play sets and have no pressure to compete, a space online to test out new characters against human opponents and hone skills without any pressure to compete or worry about losing.

Even in kasual mode people are so hung up on their precious w/l records.

Realistically, I'd bet the new mode is an actual ranked or even KL for Customs.

I hope Skarlet's 3rd variation is something like Blood Boil, Red Mist, and Red Rain/Krimson Shield. She'd play way different, and be a lot more rushdown, I think. Not having tentacle is a big deal, but blood boil makes up for it with the insane damage and oki.

For D'vorah, I'd guess bombardier beetle, flippin' out, and air dash. Either that or one of the 2 slot moves buffed into being not terrible + Bombardier beetle.
I'd be down for a "kustom league"

How nice would it be if 3rd variation is a custom variation allowed in tournament?

A new mode would have to do with something online along side King of the Hill, unless they expand one of the pre-existing modes such as a new area in Krypt, a secondary story that includes the DLC or a new tower in ToT

I hope they change kabals fb too then. If they are gonna make most of the near/full screen fb’s highs they better do the same to all of em

Balance changes, this soon? Hmm...

Hyped about the third variations, though. Wonder what they gave Subby and Kahn.

I hope they add a new mode that is like a sparring mode for practice, therefore be even more casual than kasual mode is but for kompetive variations only. No W/L displayed just a place for people to play sets and have no pressure to compete, a space online to test out new characters against human opponents and hone skills without any pressure to compete or worry about losing.

Even in kasual mode people are so hung up on their precious w/l records.
You are completely correct about people and their arbitrary-ass W/L records - folks are so worried to death about messing those things up that nobody bothers to even do 1-on-1 fights in rooms nowadays. And it's been like this all the way back from MK9.

NRS needs to quit displaying people's W/L record and Win Odds % in Kasual play and show us their connection type(Wi-fi/Wired) and Connection Stability instead. Those are far more relevant to the online experience than anything else honestly.

So I figure Kano's 3rd will be Optic Blast and Snake Bite, or Optic Blast with a magnetic ability and uh...Vegemighty I guess...

As for new mode...umm...some Krypt expansion where you fight Meat and use Scorp's spear on flying enemies while unlocking something new and interesting???
Oh and there will be a dude who exchanges souls and hearts for koins and at a low exchange rate, time crystals. :p

Whoa, I honestly didn't expect third variations to come out until legendary editions or something. Neat surprise.
The new mode got me hyped, whatever that is. More content is always welcome.

My grandma works at NRS and I've got the inside scoop on some of the 3rd variation names...
  • Baraka: Anti-Dentite
  • Nightwolf: Thunder Chief
  • Frost: Frostitute
  • Kung Lao: Hattitude Adjustment
  • Kollector: Taxman
Lou - going fowardfour-ward
Sub zero - 50% of the time works every time
Shang - Rainman

Last edited:
I want it more than anything.
2nd place is tag
You fucking get it.

Motor Kombat would probably make me drop everything else to play it. I dream of the day it goes E-sports lol.
And that is #3.
PS4-quality MK Mario Kart?
Come on, man.

Any of those three things would be paradigm shifting.

My hopes are too high this is gonna be a home run move, and I am okay with that.

Status