What's new

Tech New Ermac vortex technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
But wouldn't b+2~teleport carry the exact same risk as b+2~lift with less reward? I'm confused. (Pretend I'm an idiot who doesn't play Ermac)

Let me give you an example. You can do for instance 12 teleport. The opponent is put in stagger mode like Scorpions tele. After that you dash in and charge B2. From there the opponent has to guess. If they jump back you can cancel it and do a TKS to catch them in the air. If they attempt to crossup you cancel B2 with backdash and you AA them with 1 or uppercut to TKS etc. If they decide to down poke you, you can release B2 to hit them. If you time it right you can even catch them in the air if they attempt to jump. You dont have to go for the full unblockable. Its a mixup.

P.S: Paul Bearer ftw

EDIT : The only way to avoid the setup is by using armored moves or X-RAY.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You could do that I guess......but B2+teleport has good mix up potential.I probabaly wont use it myself cause I like to play it safe
Yeah it does. Because simply 12 can be avoided by down poking 1. B2 is a special high move. Its really good stuff. Ermac still has things left unchecked.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Why are you guys asking and wondering in this thread when I said I would play him on stream? lol

Sorry for the pixels on screen. The internet must have been poor today.

http://www.twitch.tv/afterdarkgaming/b/299368964
0:20:57

I have new developments too, right after I came home. ;)

But wouldn't b+2~teleport carry the exact same risk as b+2~lift with less reward? I'm confused. (Pretend I'm an idiot who doesn't play Ermac)
That's what makes Ermacs Vortex better than Scorpion, imo.

My original strategy against characters like Kabal, or any character that has advantage over you in the life department was his F4 reset and 31. Eventually of course your opponent will adapt to this and punish 31. With his new Vortex, now you have a better pressure game that can lead to full damage combos, all while keeping your eye on your opponents meter of course.

As displayed on the ADG stream, its a perfect example of his "comeback" potential with the Vortex. I can keep my opponent next to me at all times with plenty of options to clutch the match.

I have some new tools with him, but I learned them after I came home. Hope to be using him 100% soon.

Creepy00

Noob
^ i actually check your video and seems to be reliable and effective tool. Now ermac can keep them on under pressure, constant check, and put them in 50/50 or mix up situation

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Why are you guys asking and wondering in this thread when I said I would play him on stream? lol

Sorry for the pixels on screen. The internet must have been poor today.

I have new developments too, right after I came home. ;)

That's what makes Ermacs Vortex better than Scorpion, imo.

My original strategy against characters like Kabal, or any character that has advantage over you in the life department was his F4 reset and 31. Eventually of course your opponent will adapt to this and punish 31. With his new Vortex, now you have a better pressure game that can lead to full damage combos, all while keeping your eye on your opponents meter of course.

As displayed on the ADG stream, its a perfect example of his "comeback" potential with the Vortex. I can keep my opponent next to me at all times with plenty of options to clutch the match.

I have some new tools with him, but I learned them after I came home. Hope to be using him 100% soon.
Props to [MENTION=3]Krayzie[/MENTION] for the link. He actually told me about this through AIM a long time ago but seeing it in action is something else so I made a quick video on it that I'll be posting soon. I did the vortex twice in the video. One of the genius things about it is the fact that B2 is the ONLY safe option is connecting Ermac's teleport... on that ground that is that I'm aware of.

shura30

Shura
i see this heavily incline to patterns
not an ermac player but this reminds me of the JC unblockable setup: you will almost always try to cancel the unblockable into the teleport string
seem to me an hell of a double edge sword

zaf

professor
was kinda hoping there would be a lot more to this. I Guess i was kinda hoping i missed something when i first found the vortex. It didnt seem like a game changer at the time, nor does it look any different now. But seeing it in use by someone else does show you something.

- I see how b2 is much easier to get this started then 1,2.

- The mix ups after the vortex can almost completely guarantee something. Its like scorpions vortex but will take more thought process to keep the momentum going. especially with all the super armor in the game

nice comeback against kitana krazyie.

yo phil, once you get a vortex started, you can easily find yourself getting a 40%+ combo.
for instance

b2-teleport, dash in charge b2, at this point the opponent could want to jump out.
you cancel b2 and tks grab them. put them into a reset at the end of the combo and charge b2 again lol.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
Again, see why I've been preaching about b2? This works better in match ups against characters with no teleport or the fastest special moves though.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder

Krayzie's 2nd match is against subzero at 1:01:11

Hey Krayzie, quick question. At 1:03:10, sub does a jip. Was that a vertical instant air blast cancelled into a tele that knocked him out of it? (which sets up the vortex again)?

btw, that throw at 1:09:21 was epic!
I think I did a teleport into a push.

While the b2, teleport is cool and all for mixups, I'd much rather hit confirm into a 40%+ combo. This shit looks fine on a standing opponent but the follow ups can be blocked rather easily if you ask me. Ermac cannot defeat crouch block so they can block low and all we have is u4 to use. Anything else they can poke your ass out of or even uppercut you. The jip doesn't produce as much blockstun as it used to. Imo I'd rather just take off over a third of their life if I'm lucky enough to land the b2.
That's nice on paper, but from experience... I can easily tell you I'd rather have them in a vortex next to me or trapped in the corner when life and meter advantage is significant enough. I've been in this situation many times to know that sometimes the optimal combo is not the answer. Which is the reason why a lot of players would rather put you in a pressure situation rather than just finish a combo and knock you back to the other side of the screen. When meter and life advantages mean you will win the match, then its the best solution to finish it with the combo. And the amazing part of the vortex is that it leaves you at advantage to start it in the first place.

was kinda hoping there would be a lot more to this. I Guess i was kinda hoping i missed something when i first found the vortex. It didnt seem like a game changer at the time, nor does it look any different now. But seeing it in use by someone else does show you something.

- I see how b2 is much easier to get this started then 1,2.

- The mix ups after the vortex can almost completely guarantee something. Its like scorpions vortex but will take more thought process to keep the momentum going. especially with all the super armor in the game

nice comeback against kitana krazyie.

yo phil, once you get a vortex started, you can easily find yourself getting a 40%+ combo.
for instance

b2-teleport, dash in charge b2, at this point the opponent could want to jump out.
you cancel b2 and tks grab them. put them into a reset at the end of the combo and charge b2 again lol.
I have some new tech with Ermac. Will display this at NEC. :)

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
But if u guess wrong u are eating full combo right? for me its highrisk/lowreward

Same as scorpion. I thought about it before I left for class so I rescind my previous comment. That being said however, I still am slightly apprehensive about the whole thing. The best advantage is that it guarantee's a vortex on hit. I'll start to use it and hopefully I can pull a 180 on this. I wanted to be as objective as possible so the only other thing I will ask is what about characters who are fucking monsters up close? I just found out the hard way this weekend that Cage has amazing normals and strings and can lock your ass down in a heartbeat. Thats just one example. Thoughts anyone?

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I wanted to be as objective as possible so the only other thing I will ask is what about characters who are fucking monsters up close? I just found out the hard way this weekend that Cage has amazing normals and strings and can lock your ass down in a heartbeat. Thats just one example. Thoughts anyone?
That's one of the reasons why I said earlier that this works in specific situations. I believe this is what Krayzie meant when he said this:

I can easily tell you I'd rather have them in a vortex next to me or trapped in the corner when life and meter advantage is significant enough. I've been in this situation many times to know that sometimes the optimal combo is not the answer. Which is the reason why a lot of players would rather put you in a pressure situation rather than just finish a combo and knock you back to the other side of the screen. When meter and life advantages mean you will win the match, then its the best solution to finish it with the combo.
To that I would add that this is the type of choice you make depending on the match-up and your opponent's play-style.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
That's one of the reasons why I said earlier that this works in specific situations. I believe this is what Krayzie meant when he said this:

To that I would add that this is the type of choice you make depending on the match-up and your opponent's play-style.
But if u guess wrong u are eating full combo right? for me its highrisk/lowreward
You build reaction time for it. Just as you condition your opponent as a Scorpion player to block high or block low, you also condition your opponent to decide if jabbing, jumping or just blocking is the right choice. I am probably the only Ermac player who utilized his charge feints effectively in a match, so I can tell you first hand that your opponent is in a tighter situation for punishment here. What makes the Vortex great is that it gives you plenty of options to choose from, including delaying the match, keeping the pressure game on your side, and when the time is right, going for the optimal combo.

I was testing the character with a friend last night, and after a "JIP" I can cancel the charge and hit the AA 2, into 22 EN Lift. I cant quite remember how much damage it was, but I can tell you it was around 50% just for guessing wrong. So if my option with Ermac is to jump punch my opponent until they decide to stop blocking, I think I'd rather open them up by using the Vortex to my advantage and capitalizing on their mistakes.

Same as scorpion. I thought about it before I left for class so I rescind my previous comment. That being said however, I still am slightly apprehensive about the whole thing. The best advantage is that it guarantee's a vortex on hit. I'll start to use it and hopefully I can pull a 180 on this. I wanted to be as objective as possible so the only other thing I will ask is what about characters who are fucking monsters up close? I just found out the hard way this weekend that Cage has amazing normals and strings and can lock your ass down in a heartbeat. Thats just one example. Thoughts anyone?
The new tech I am working on for Ermac actually is the answer to this. I'm not posting it yet though, as I am still in the works of figuring out how to utilize it best. I'll keep you guys posted.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You build reaction time for it. Just as you condition your opponent as a Scorpion player to block high or block low, you also condition your opponent to decide if jabbing, jumping or just blocking is the right choice. I am probably the only Ermac player who utilized his charge feints effectively in a match, so I can tell you first hand that your opponent is in a tighter situation for punishment here. What makes the Vortex great is that it gives you plenty of options to choose from, including delaying the match, keeping the pressure game on your side, and when the time is right, going for the optimal combo.

I was testing the character with a friend last night, and after a "JIP" I can cancel the charge and hit the AA 2, into 22 EN Lift. I cant quite remember how much damage it was, but I can tell you it was around 50% just for guessing wrong. So if my option with Ermac is to jump punch my opponent until they decide to stop blocking, I think I'd rather open them up by using the Vortex to my advantage and capitalizing on their mistakes.

The new tech I am working on for Ermac actually is the answer to this. I'm not posting it yet though, as I am still in the works of figuring out how to utilize it best. I'll keep you guys posted.

Could you pm me any details ? Maybe i can help with the labbing.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I think I might know what you're onto.

zaf

professor
Just like metzos, can you pm me the details krazyie. ill help test and lab some stuff at the same time and we can all add our stuff collectively.

phil just to touch on what krazyie was saying. b2 feints open people up and allow you to condition your opponent.
when playing footises you can even d4, dash in and b2 feint to react to whatever the opponent does. you set the pace when you use b2. If the common reaction to b2 now is GTFO, then you know you can counter with an AA into lift or just a naked lift. After the lift end your combos into reset and keep the b2 feints going.

I would say that yes i would keep characters like cage, jax and kabal locked down in this as well. IF you are doing everything right they want to get out of this asap. You can get them to make a bad mistake and they lose their meter, or make them whiff a super armor move and in turn lose meter again. however with these characters you really need to pay attention to their meter and health.

the vortex guarantees that your opponent is put in a pressure situation where b2 benefits because of stagger. with proper reads and conditioning i see this very hard to escape down the line once some of us ermac players really get the hang of this.

I was at a local tourney playing this weekend and using a lot of b2 feints and resets together and my god i wish this was something i did on release lol. I remember playing a quan who would only really get damage in on me when he had meter, so with all the resets and b2 feints and charged b2s i landed he had to use all his meter to breaker or eat all my retarded damage. Because of this i never had to worry about my own life and keep meter for xray lol

EDIT: Just so people remember. YOU CAN jump out of b2 to cancel this as well. Do not forget this as an option.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
U guys gotta show me the usefulness of this vortrx.. Please.. Ima watch ur video krayzie and see about it. I looked at it n practice n I jus wasnt feelin it

zaf

professor
I understand how this is not a real vortex.
It does not keep putting you in the same situation like scoprion, or ibuki from sf4.

However what this does allow you to do is create situation after situation where you are using b2 chargeable and feints to open up your opponent. IF all your reads/conditioning are all correct then your opponent will always be in a stagger state/ reacting to a b2 or getting punished by a combo leading into a reset back into the guessing game with b2.

I have recorded some footage of this in training. I tried to use a camera to film it, but the quality was bad.
I will be able to do this either tonight or tomorrow night. Storms video shows the vortex but I believe i can better explain it.

zaf

professor
well if you watch krazyies videos he uses this quite well.

I believe this will soon be a part of ermacs game once we all can get the hang of it and know which situations are best to use this in.
b2 feint alone is something we should all be using.

Status
Not open for further replies.