What's new

New character reveal + first DLC character reveal on Friday at C2E2!

E

Eldriken

Just because its NRS it is not greed? lmfao.

I dont think its greed either but this reply is very dumb.
I was comparing them to EA and Activision whom are notorious for being greedy and having shady practices.

Announcing DLC a little over a month before the game launches is completely fine.

Now if they were talking full-on DLC (excluding Shao Kahn) on the day it was revealed, then yeah, there'd be an issue there.

NRS seems that they're more about their customers than a lot of other developers. I'd imagine there's corporate greed somewhere in there, but it's far less apparent if there is.

Ceroder

Noob
I was comparing them to EA and Activision whom are notorious for being greedy and having shady practices.

Announcing DLC a little over a month before the game launches is completely fine.

Now if they were talking full-on DLC (excluding Shao Kahn) on the day it was revealed, then yeah, there'd be an issue there.

NRS seems that they're more about their customers than a lot of other developers. I'd imagine there's corporate greed somewhere in there, but it's far less apparent if there is.
First of all, thanks for answering nicely and sorry about my rude behaviour.

I agree somewhat. But, revealing DLC before launch is a very bad idea. Even Spider-Man got shit on for teasing a DLC 10 day before launch. Not to mention that game's playerbase is full of casual people who just wants to play as Spider-Man. I dont care about DLCs too much, but majority of the gaming community are already sick of DLCs, they feel robbed out of content. Doing it to a fighting game is much more hurtful imo, you see the fighter there but you cant select it and it prompts you to buy it. It's way more annoying in fighting games than singleplayer or MP games. This, + announcing the already annoying DLCs before we know the full roster is just disrespectful to both fans and casual audience. Overall, I dont think you should trust a company that much.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
announcing the already annoying DLCs before we know the full roster is just disrespectful to both fans and casual audience.
Only part that bothers me.

As for the rest, consumers need to grow some brains. Complaining that companies make DLC at the same time as they're making the base game is like complaining that Honda made an Accord with leather seats at the same time they made a Honda without leather seats, and they're not giving you the leather seats when you buy the Accord without leather seats. Yeah motherfucker, they are holding out on you. The leather seats are optional. If you want them, pay for them.

Gamers are among the greediest and most entitled of all consumer bases.

E

Eldriken

First of all, thanks for answering nicely and sorry about my rude behaviour.

I agree somewhat. But, revealing DLC before launch is a very bad idea. Even Spider-Man got shit on for teasing a DLC 10 day before launch. Not to mention that game's playerbase is full of casual people who just wants to play as Spider-Man. I dont care about DLCs too much, but majority of the gaming community are already sick of DLCs, they feel robbed out of content. Doing it to a fighting game is much more hurtful imo, you see the fighter there but you cant select it and it prompts you to buy it. It's way more annoying in fighting games than singleplayer or MP games. This, + announcing the already annoying DLCs before we know the full roster is just disrespectful to both fans and casual audience. Overall, I dont think you should trust a company that much.
You're welcome. :)

I think it's a good idea to announce some of the DLC characters because it generates more hype and potentially more sales. There are plenty of folks who've been burned by Premium Editions and shit of other games that didn't know what they were buying into and were utterly disappointed once they found out and they had already paid for it.

This way, people will have a better idea of what they're going to be getting for their money and may be more liable to pay for the season pass, Kombat Pack, etc.

It definitely sucks having spent money on extra features that you wind up not using at all outside of labbing against the character(s).

They haven't really given me a reason to not trust them to deliver as they have been since MK9. So I'll continue to hope for the best from them until they give me reason not to.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I think there's a pretty good chance that its Frost. She's been a heavily requested fan-favorite for over a decade and has not been playable since 2007. That plus her drastic redesign means her reveal should be met with some sort of fan-fair.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Announce dlc early "Wtf the game isn't even out yet!"

Keep dlc a secret "they expect us to pay for shit without knowing what it is?"

Don't even announce dlc until after the game is out, you get what people are saying about Soul Calibur 6 "Why are they taking so long?!" Or "This game is dead, why are they still making stuff for it"

Who gives a fuck what they do. We all want more characters at the end of the day. A year from now, how they were announced will be the least memorable part about them.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

Don't even announce dlc until after the game is out, you get what people are saying about Soul Calibur 6 "Why are they taking so long?!" Or "This game is dead, why are they still making stuff for it"

Who gives a fuck what they do. We all want more characters at the end of the day. A year from now, how they were announced will be the least memorable part about them.
100% agreed .... perfectly answered .... thank you !! :D

I hate guest kharacters. All I can think about is how they take up spots from regulars that could've been on the roster. I play MK for MK kharacters. I never used Spawn once in SC2, or used Jason, Freddy, or Leatherface in MK. But I know they're going to be in the game so I have to accept it. Anyway, here's a vid of who's got the best chance.
Is it hard for you to walk around every day beaming that much positivity?

What is they reveal Noob and show Smoke as first DLC? Throw back to the pre-MK9 duo

I don't think they WILL do it but it'd be cool. From a business standpoint it'd probably make more sense to release Spawn or something like that

I hate guest kharacters. All I can think about is how they take up spots from regulars that could've been on the roster. I play MK for MK kharacters. I never used Spawn once in SC2, or used Jason, Freddy, or Leatherface in MK. But I know they're going to be in the game so I have to accept it. Anyway, here's a vid of who's got the best chance.
"I hate guest characters and never play as them but here check out my self-promoted video on the subject."

Lol wut? No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
If anything they messed the order up. Plain Jane Michael Myers should have been in vanilla MK9, the smart ass Freddy should have in MKX where the characters all talk shit to eachother and Jason, who has the most costume variation of any horror icon, should have been in the game with customization

trufenix

bye felicia
So devs aren't supposed to be show, work on, or even decide on DLC characters before release even though they are bombarded every single tweet and stream with character dlc requests?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?

It's only "damned if they do, damned if they dont" because NRS decided to turn the roster itself into a marketing campaign, and drag fans through coals just to find out whether their favorite characters will be in the game.

It's one thing to try to pimp out the dlc when we already know exactly what's in the game. It's another to do it while, for example, thousands of Mileena fans are still biting their nails not knowing whether she's in the game, and if she's not, not knowing what that means for her chances to even be dlc.

NRS marketing is professional playing with fire. It gets them word of mouth like no other, but it also burns them for decisions they walked into deliberately.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just want to elaborate on why MM is a logical choice for MK and just as good if not better than Freddy, Jason, LF. Myers ain't boring, dude is more iconic than Jason(was the original stalker, silent killer, not Jason and he was received well) People miss the concept of Michael Myer's reason for killing. He's not doing it to "feed off fear of kids in dreams or in the real world" nor is he doing it for "revenge cause he drowned or has to have his mommy kill for him" He kills cause he's pure evil and doesn't give a shit. I'd say he fits in MK better than most with his brutality. Watch the latest Halloween movie or any of his kills really even Zombie's, he's perfect for MK.

At any rate, DLC characters guests specifically sell big. People have to accept this already, and honestly I'd rather see someone like Terminator, Myers or Spawn over a lame ass, dull characters like Jax or Ferra Torr.