What's new

New character reveal + first DLC character reveal on Friday at C2E2!

Lun

proud TERF!
Here's my theories on who will be the first dlc character.

1) RAIN: it makes sense because people keep requesting him for some reason?

2) SHANG TSUNG: I want him to be in the base roster, but you never know.

3) SPAWN: Unlikely, unless Warner Bros is making a movie about him.

4) WARNER BROS GUEST STAR: Pennywise, Terminator, anything can fit.

5) BO'RAI CHO: just kidding, although I'd love that to read the salt of his haters. XP

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
That is your opinion, I always loved Storm from X-men, purple is my favorite color, I love edenians and he's the only cool male edenian, and I love vain characters, so that helps a lot.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
He's like a cheap knockoff of Raiden and Sub-Zero. I just don't like his powers.
There's something a bit weak looking about a sword made from water, isn't there? But I'm going to guess that he'll be DLC, simply because I think Ed likes the character a lot. And some fans like him too.

PoloExpress

The Luckiest Unlucky player you'll ever meet.
There's something a bit weak looking about a sword made from water, isn't there? But I'm going to guess that he'll be DLC, simply because I think Ed likes the character a lot. And some fans like him too.
It’s bc water can’t have shape unless it’s frozen or inside of something. Watersword is basically a tiny water jet lol

I honestly feel that rain’s elemental fighting style being only water and lightning based doesn’t lend itself well to the weapon based style of mk11

He’s gonna have to be given some kind of actual weapon of some kind, water based wips would be cool

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It’s bc water can’t have shape unless it’s frozen or inside of something. Watersword is basically a tiny water jet lol

I honestly feel that rain’s elemental fighting style being only water and lightning based doesn’t lend itself well to the weapon based style of mk11

He’s gonna have to be given some kind of actual weapon of some kind, water based wips would be cool
Scarlet has blood whips, I think that would be a bit repetitive. Honestly, Rain LOOKS cool but his powers are weak or overused. Nightwolf and Raiden have electricity, Scorpion has a teleport, and so they'd have to make a move-set based on water only which would look wack. Unless they made his specials based on using water as a conductor for electricity, he wouldn't fit in this game very well IMO.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
If you really felt that strongly about it, you just wouldn't buy it. Put your money where your mouth is. If you're one of those people that complains and still buys well....

Cause I tell you this and I tell you that, I wanna know who the DLC characters are because I have NOT purchased premium and have no intention to without that knowledge.

If there's a valid complaint one should be more concerned with buying the pack blind without data on what we get.
Welcome to videogames. You must have been in a coma for the last 1233523 years.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I purchased Premium because I'm a horrid completist and don't like any squares on my screen to be empty. It doesn't matter if NRS serve up the lousy likes of Rain or Shaggy, I'll take them all thank you very much.

PoloExpress

Scarlet has blood whips, I think that would be a bit repetitive. Honestly, Rain LOOKS cool but his powers are weak or overused. Nightwolf and Raiden have electricity, Scorpion has a teleport, and so they'd have to make a move-set based on water only which would look wack. Unless they made his specials based on using water as a conductor for electricity, he wouldn't fit in this game very well IMO.
I completely forgot the scarlet wips lol
Rain almost seems to bring nothing new at this point in mortal combat, besides being the only Edenian Prince/demigod.

This just my opinion but :
I kinda feel like he’s almost in the same league as “Tsu Hao/MKXJacqui” in terms of what he offers, but people let him slide bc he’s a ninja.

But I do think some of his special moves like the roundhouse kick, and that upside down-waterjet-kick-thing always looked cool

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I completely forgot the scarlet wips lol
Rain almost seems to bring nothing new at this point in mortal combat, besides being the only Edenian Prince/demigod.

This just my opinion but :
I kinda feel like he’s almost in the same league as “Tsu Hao/MKXJacqui” in terms of what he offers, but people let him slide bc he’s a ninja.

But I do think some of his special moves like the roundhouse kick, and that upside down-waterjet-kick-thing always looked cool
Yeah, that's true, and he does get the pass cause he's a ninja. I get it, when I was a teen playing MK the ninjas are all I cared about, but if people are playing for the competition and to get better, the mechanics are really the only thing that's important.

And blondes with guns, that's important.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This thread is a dumpster fire.

Are people REALLY bitching about some of the DLC being revealed already? NRS/WB is trying to sell the premium version of the game that includes the first round of DLC. Do you want them to be like Namco and not tell us what we are paying for and end up with fucking Cassandra and Amy? Also, Tira and 2B are garbage as well, in my opinion. I'm very happy I didn't pay for that shitty season pass. Season 1 pass for Tekken 7 was also shit. Geese was super cool, but Noctis and fucking bowling?!?! Go fuck yourself, Namco. I love Tekken but that was a joke. Thankfully season 2 had Marduk, Armor King, Julia, Anna, Lei and that's more than enough for me.

NRS is looking out for their customers. On the fence about buying the DLC up front? Well, here's who you'll be getting. No surprises.

If they didn't announce the DLC, some of the same dolts would be on here bitching about that, too.

Lastly, we are getting Noob and Terminator today. I'm calling it now. Spawn will be in this game, but they're going to save him to drive sales for the 2nd Kombat Pack. Watch.

PoloExpress

Yeah, that's true, and he does get the pass cause he's a ninja. I get it, when I was a teen playing MK the ninjas are all I cared about, but if people are playing for the competition and to get better, the mechanics are really the only thing that's important.

And blondes with guns, that's important.
There are lots of blond characters in Fighting games lately, I think half of the SFV roster is blond

Are really people thinking Rain can't fit because he uses water but Cassie fits perfectly because she uses guns just like 3 other characters on the roster??? Rain can have a lot of cool animations and moves. Beside water in real life can be used to cut steel and rocks. So it is not unbelievable if Rain can use water weapons