What's new

New character reveal + first DLC character reveal on Friday at C2E2!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
There are lots of blond characters in Fighting games lately, I think half of the SFV roster is blond
I am weak for blondes, I think that's why they do it.

Cammy <3

Are really people thinking Rain can't fit because he uses water but Cassie fits perfectly because she uses guns just like 3 other characters on the roster??? Rain can have a lot of cool animations and moves. Beside water in real life can be used to cut steel and rocks. So it is not unbelievable if Rain can use water weapons
I don't see how guns DON'T fit in, Striker was in the originals.

To be fair, Rain would need a big overhaul and pressure cutting someone with water coming out of his hands would still look dumb.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Scarlet has blood whips, I think that would be a bit repetitive. Honestly, Rain LOOKS cool but his powers are weak or overused. Nightwolf and Raiden have electricity, Scorpion has a teleport, and so they'd have to make a move-set based on water only which would look wack. Unless they made his specials based on using water as a conductor for electricity, he wouldn't fit in this game very well IMO.
"There is nothing softer and weaker than water,
And yet there is nothing better for attacking hard and strong things.
For this reason there is no substitute for it.
"
― Lao Tzu

If they really wanted to make Rain a badass they could. Water manipulation isn't a lame ability imo.

Obviously he'd need to keep his iconic water bubble attack and water teleport, but other than that... they could do whatever they want. They've made almost everyone else look more amazing than they've been so far. Why not Rain too?

- Water shields/force fields to decrease damage
- Water pillars or other such from the ground to block attacks/projectiles
- Spawning weapons by projecting water from his hands
- Rain effects on the stage or buffs on him while it's raining

Obviously, I'm not a designer, but they could do some cool stuff.

I
I am weak for blondes, I think that's why they do it.

Cammy <3

I don't see how guns DON'T fit in, Striker was in the originals.

To be fair, Rain would need a big overhaul and pressure cutting someone with water coming out of his hands would still look dumb.
I didn't say guns don't fit and i also like Cassie. But i am saying that if they can make 3 gun based characters unique then i am sure they can make something for Rain

PoloExpress

The Luckiest Unlucky player you'll ever meet.
Are really people thinking Rain can't fit because he uses water but Cassie fits perfectly because she uses guns just like 3 other characters on the roster??? Rain can have a lot of cool animations and moves. Beside water in real life can be used to cut steel and rocks. So it is not unbelievable if Rain can use water weapons
We weren’t saying water weapons like jet-swords or bubbles wouldn’t work, but that it is the extent of Rain’s abilities without them seeming redundant/too similar to characters that we already have in this game. If rain is in mk11, I have faith in nrs to make him original and unique. Like jacqui, he’d probably get a major overhaul

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
"There is nothing softer and weaker than water,
And yet there is nothing better for attacking hard and strong things.
For this reason there is no substitute for it.
"
― Lao Tzu

If they really wanted to make Rain a badass they could. Water manipulation isn't a lame ability imo.

Obviously he'd need to keep his iconic water bubble attack and water teleport, but other than that... they could do whatever they want. They've made almost everyone else look more amazing than they've been so far. Why not Rain too?

- Water shields/force fields to decrease damage
- Water pillars or other such from the ground to block attacks/projectiles
- Spawning weapons by projecting water from his hands
- Rain effects on the stage or buffs on him while it's raining

Obviously, I'm not a designer, but they could do some cool stuff.
I cannot argue with that, all those abilities would be freaking cool if done well.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
They could do things like acid rain for Rain. And traps where you create a puddle and lightning it or something.

Like someone else said there are several characters that uses guns, several that use fire, how many characters have a shadow kick-esque move..? I don’t think someone with water as a power and lightning just cos raiden does is gonna feel over saturated.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Dudes has it been confirmed where we can watch the stream? NRS twitch channel seems obvious but im just looking for some sort of confirmation so I don't waste my time or miss it completely.

Come on Kitana. I want to see her gear, however I think they will wait to show Lui Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana until after they reveal Cetrion. That leak that everyone thought was Kotal Kahn looked to be a Cetrion restored Lui Kang. Story spoilers for sure.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Scarlet has blood whips, I think that would be a bit repetitive. Honestly, Rain LOOKS cool but his powers are weak or overused. Nightwolf and Raiden have electricity, Scorpion has a teleport, and so they'd have to make a move-set based on water only which would look wack. Unless they made his specials based on using water as a conductor for electricity, he wouldn't fit in this game very well IMO.
Though 4/5 characters use guns, so I think two characters using some form of liquid is perfectly fine.

Also Rain is about weather, not just water, Nightwolf isn't in this game and he's more about animals, he just summons lightning, but I hope they remove that from his character, doesn't suit him at all. (Spare for the Thunderbirds which come from Native American myths)

Though 4/5 characters use guns, so I think two characters using some form of liquid is perfectly fine.

Also Rain is about weather, not just water, Nightwolf isn't in this game and he's more about animals, he just summons lightning, but I hope they remove that from his character, doesn't suit him at all. (Spare for the Thunderbirds which come from Native American myths)
Not to mention Fujin's got the whole hurricane winds.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Visually, guns have more impact. Water doesn't. Of course an overhaul can improve/refine Rain's moveset. NRS could do something good with him if they have the will.