What's new

New 52 Discussion

Whoooooaaaa, I wouldn't say that.
He's had more exposure to different types of it than even Luthor has... At least according to "The Search for Kryptonite". And say what you will about the bullshit from The Dark Knight Returns, his plan of defeating Supes wasn't riding on his power suit or anything. It was the specially prepared kryptonite arrow. And he only distracted him with the fight to make a statement, and to allow Ollie to have a hand in Supes defeat. He's cross engineered his own brand on Kryptonite in Tower of Babel. It just seems like it's entirely possible for him to do that again, considering Superman keeps allowing him to have samples and study them.

Okay, now try encounters in Hush, Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Rises and Red Son.
Hush: mind controlled but still being a good guy (didn't want to kill batman), catwoman saved him.

knight strikes again: help from the whole JLA. supes didn't want to fight

returns: didn't want to fight, help from ollie, weakened superman by atomic bomb, weak superman overall.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
He's had more exposure to different types of it than even Luthor has... At least according to "The Search for Kryptonite". And say what you will about the bullshit from The Dark Knight Returns, his plan of defeating Supes wasn't riding on his power suit or anything. It was the specially prepared kryptonite arrow. And he only distracted him with the fight to make a statement, and to allow Ollie to have a hand in Supes defeat. He's cross engineered his own brand on Kryptonite in Tower of Babel. It just seems like it's entirely possible for him to do that again, considering Superman keeps allowing him to have samples and study them.

Lex has spent years, YEARS, constructing weaponry using Kryptonite and has studied it for who knows how long. Do you think that Batman, a guy that has a million things going on in terms of villains, detective work, patrolling, etc. has more extensive research/understanding than a man who spends a vast amount of his time working on ways to take down Superman that usually involve Kryptonite? Lex, who is smarter than Batman (by Batman's own admission) spending a lot more time researching Kryptonite than Batman has less understanding?

I don't think anyone is arguing that Batman could just kick Superman's ass in an actual fight on the fly, but could Batman whip out a special hunk of kryptonite and debilitate him? Yeah. That's entirely plausible and likely.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Hush: mind controlled but still being a good guy (didn't want to kill batman), catwoman saved him.
And doesn't that just speak volumes? That even when Superman is holding back or not even trying, Batman needs to run himself ragged with prep and kryptonite just to barely keep up?

I don't think anyone is arguing that Batman could just kick Superman's ass in an actual fight on the fly, but could Batman whip out a special hunk of kryptonite and debilitate him? Yeah. That's entirely plausible and likely.
but it actually made superman more powerful, if in pain.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

The thing is, how would Batman even know what the K does?

Lex has spent years, YEARS, constructing weaponry using Kryptonite and has studied it for who knows how long. Do you think that Batman, a guy that has a million things going on in terms of villains, detective work, patrolling, etc. has more extensive research/understanding than a man who spends a vast amount of his time working on ways to take down Superman that usually involve Kryptonite? Lex, who is smarter than Batman (by Batman's own admission) spending a lot more time researching Kryptonite than Batman has less understanding?
But... But... He's BATMAN!

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
If Batman prepared and the environment didn't allow superman to just backdash F2, 3 his whiffed kryptonite, then sure. It's very situational for Batman, let alone any human being, to beat Superman.

The thing is, how would Batman even know what the K does?
Like I said, he's cross engineered his own variant of Kryptonite. He has knowledge and files on kryptonian biology and on the radiation effects of kryptonite (all given to him by Supes himself). I'm just saying, he's done it before, and it wasn't ludicrous or anything. So it could happen again. He might not know more about it than Luthor, but he always has some, and knows how to make some apparently. This is from the comics themselves lol, I'm not just making stuff up.

And to whoever said that the kryptonite would make him stronger, in most recent showings, it completely debilitated him. And even aside from that, the kind batman engineered was effective in a different way that Superman wasn't used to fighting through.

Yeah, that sucks but I guess they wanted them to seem "less like a joke" or whatever.
they're worse now, now captain cold doesn't have to rely on smarts and accuracy and shit, just fist fighting while his natural cold field slows flash down. it still looks great though. love the flash art.