What's new

New 52 Discussion

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Flash would be the only one to truly beat him. Cyborg? Come on my man. WW would put up a fight but would eventually die. MMH and Aquaman, same thing. The JLA is far from balanced. Superman (pre-New52) was near god mode w/a handful of people being able to actually beat him realisticall. The writers dumbing down some fights in his opponents favor doesn't make it realistic

Cyborg can EASILY construct a device that outputs Red Sun rays which strips Superman of his powers unlike Kryptonite which just leaves him sick. Wonder Woman is faster in combat while Supes is faster running, she practically has his durability and strength on top of wielding magic items with no glaring weaknesses. MMH can mess with Superman's mind, something he can't defend against, on top of being nearly as strong as Clark, super fast, intangibility and telepathy. Aquaman has high endurance, hydrokinesis, a magic trident and super strength. Near God mode? Early on, without a doubt but he is no where near as Godly as he used to be and would get his ass handed to him regularly.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Early on, without a doubt but he is no where near as Godly as he used to be and would get his ass handed to him regularly.
This is what I'm saying. EARLY ON, he was god mode and I wasn't aware he was ever toned down. New52 seems to be extremely balanced all around. I'm really liking it and that says something cause I usually only mark out for marvel

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
has anyone else been reading trinity war/hearing about forever evil?
they just released this pic a couple days ago

im so stoked to see the crime syndicate and apparently that Batman isnt Bruce Wayne or something

UnadvisedGoose From what I remember, WW is not as fast as Superman and why does he ever have to fight her up close? I don't think he really needs to be in range against MMH/Aquaman. Maybe I'm wrong, but Superman IMO at his peak, just straight up against them, it's always going to seem they have a harder time to beat him

And I totally didn't mean to hijack your thread lol
You're not hijacking! It's all a part of the discussion :)

How is he going to heat vision someone like Wonder Woman who has invincible bracelets to reflect his beams back at him? And she's definitely as fast as him. Not quite as fast at running or moving from place to place but she's actually quicker than him when it comes to fighting and moving her limbs around and such. So he had to get close. It wasn't one sided, she was wounded and hurting, but so was he. And she was holding back and he wasn't (he was being mind raped into seeing Wonder Woman as Doomsday). And J'onn could just phase through his beams. And is just as fast and strong as Supes. Trust me, it's not impossible to beat him and comics writers have gone to great lengths to show that, even before the New 52. It's not easy, but there are characters that are easily within his bracket of power and capability.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
This is what I'm saying. EARLY ON, he was god mode and I wasn't aware he was ever toned down. New52 seems to be extremely balanced all around. I'm really liking it and that says something cause I usually only mark out for marvel

By early on I mean Mid-80s at the latest, after Crisis on Infinite Earth he started getting toned down but before that he was RIDICULOUS.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Maybe if more books get cancelled someone competent will be able to push an ongoing solo book for him... I would cry of joy.
It'll be tough to top the late 90s Ostrander run but I'd like to see them try. Let Azzarello take a crack at it. I think he's DC's most consistently good writer at the moment. Johns' big, dumb, action movie writing style just doesn't do Martian Manhunter any justice.

im so stoked to see the crime syndicate and apparently that Batman isnt Bruce Wayne or something
The whole Bruce Wayne not being Batman thing was just a random question/tease by Johns during an interview. It could still very easily be Bruce, he just somehow escaped the fate of the rest of the league and decided to help the villains overthrow the crime syndicate. But it could not be him too! I'm excited to see this. It was very unexpected for them to be the threat behind it all.

Fred Marvel

The whole Bruce Wayne not being Batman thing was just a random question/tease by Johns during an interview. It could still very easily be Bruce, he just somehow escaped the fate of the rest of the league and decided to help the villains overthrow the crime syndicate. But it could not be him too! I'm excited to see this. It was very unexpected for them to be the threat behind it all.
ohhh fitting for Batman to be the only one to survive but i was thinking it might be Dick since Forever Evil is suposedly going to center around him, the plot twist with the Crme Syndicate is crazy i love how they set us up to think it was Luthor's team but theyre gonna end up being the heroes i just want to see how trinity War sets this up

Fred Marvel

I don't have a comics store :( i never had a comic, only read them online.
you can buy them digitally through comixology or you can torrent/free download them on other sites. i only read digital i dont live by a comic store either so i know you pain

It'll be tough to top the late 90s Ostrander run but I'd like to see them try. Let Azzarello take a crack at it. I think he's DC's most consistently good writer at the moment. Johns' big, dumb, action movie writing style just doesn't do Martian Manhunter any justice.
Yeah that run was amazing. I still need to collect it all somehow.

And YES. I was trying to think of who could write him well that is currently at DC, and Azzarello would be perfect. He understands WW a HELL of a lot more than Johns. According to Johns, she kills at the slightest indication of someone being a villain and she's willing to start a fight over who ate her Cheerios. Azzarello paints a fierce warrior, but one that is tempered, disciplined and, more than anything, loving and compassionate.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
By early on I mean Mid-80s at the latest, after Crisis on Infinite Earth he started getting toned down but before that he was RIDICULOUS.
Didn't he start out just being able to leap buildings? I remember the original idea of Superman was that he was supposed to be jesus. The similarities are there, it's crazy and I'll gladly explain if somebody wants lol

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
you can buy them digitally through comixology or you can torrent/free download them on other sites. i only read digital i dont live by a comic store either so i know you pain

I have one but I still do digital mostly, it's just more convenient having all my comics at my fingertips.

Didn't he start out just being able to leap buildings? I remember the original idea of Superman was that he was supposed to be jesus. The similarities are there, it's crazy and I'll gladly explain if somebody wants lol

He started with his Superstrength and not much else, I don't know everything he started with.

ohhh fitting for Batman to be the only one to survive but i was thinking it might be Dick since Forever Evil is suposedly going to center around him, the plot twist with the Crme Syndicate is crazy i love how they set us up to think it was Luthor's team but theyre gonna end up being the heroes i just want to see how trinity War sets this up
Ooooh yeah, I forgot Dick was supposed to be a major part! That could definitely happen too. I am very intrigued by all of it, especially considering.... SPOILERS FOR TRINITY WAR BELOW

Darkseid appears to be involved somehow with the Trinity War according to the cover of Justice League #23. So how this all pieces together should be very interesting.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
He started with his Superstrength and not much else, I don't know everything he started with.
He started out w/super speed, not near light speed like he has now. He originally was just strong cause he was from krypton, not cause he was from krypton plus the yellow sun. He wasn't able to fly either. Super strength was there, but not near omnipotent god mode like he was the last 20 years

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
where do you guys read the new 52 ?
You buy the comics. There's ways to purchase it digitally or you can do it the old fashioned way by visiting a comic shop for the weekly releases or grabbing a trade paperback at your book store chain of choice. But please, for the love of god, actually purchase them and support the industry. Comics aren't exactly a booming business so if somebody is making something you like, please support it.

Also, just as a matter of personal preference I'd say try to find a nearby local comic shop to buy comics from. But then again I'm biased since I work at one. :p We're not in business because we're getting rich doing it. A good comic shop is run by people who hopefully love the medium as much as the consumer and if you become a regular you can make some great friends. It becomes a special getaway.

Fred Marvel

Ooooh yeah, I forgot Dick was supposed to be a major part! That could definitely happen too. I am very intrigued by all of it, especially considering.... SPOILERS FOR TRINITY WAR BELOW

Darkseid appears to be involved somehow with the Trinity War according to the cover of Justice League #23. So how this all pieces together should be very interesting.
really? i thought him being on the cover just was for villains month. f he is involved then shit will get real on another level and where does Bizarro come in? he hasnt even been intro'd in the new 52 yet has he? H'el was supposed to be him but they made him his own character

He started out w/super speed, not near light speed like he has now. He originally was just strong cause he was from krypton, not cause he was from krypton plus the yellow sun. He wasn't able to fly either. Super strength was there, but not near omnipotent god mode like he was the last 20 years
He was only god mode from about the 50's to the late 80's. Since the 90's he's been consistently toned down as to be more reasonable. More and more people started being able to beat him. So he hadn't been god mode since Doomsday killed him really, in the 90's. I promise lol.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.

I haven't, but it looks interesting and batman is not with the crime syndicate??????