What's new

New 52 Discussion

really? i thought him being on the cover just was for villains month. f he is involved then shit will get real on another level and where does Bizarro come in? he hasnt even been intro'd in the new 52 yet has he? H'el was supposed to be him but they made him his own character
Yeah that's what I thought but no, the other cover he is on is for the conclusion to Trinity War (comes out the last Wednesday of this month), before villains month. So he's involved somehow with all of this, it looks like. It could be a fake out or something though.

And yeah, Bizarro is interesting too. I'm curious about him. And also how they're going to bring Black Adam back so quickly after dying.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
He was only god mode from about the 50's to the late 80's. Since the 90's he's been consistently toned down as to be more reasonable. More and more people started being able to beat him. So he hadn't been god mode since Doomsday killed him really, in the 90's. I promise lol.
I remember his horrible electricity superman powers in the 90s/2000, but I remember his powers being the same. Maybe WW/MMH were written to be stronger or something, I don't know. I just always thought of as a kid (I'm 29) that "if this dude got really mad and actually fought, who would beat him?"

Either way, w/out going in circles, I'm glad he's no longer considered god mode. New 52 seems bad ass so far, I really like Superman having the red eyes more. Always hated the john cena perfect type of guy he used to be

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
Yeah that's what I thought but no, the other cover he is on is for the conclusion to Trinity War (comes out the last Wednesday of this month), before villains month. So he's involved somehow with all of this, it looks like. It could be a fake out or something though.

And yeah, Bizarro is interesting too. I'm curious about him. And also how they're going to bring Black Adam back so quickly after dying.
This is why I just read Flash. Too many things going on at once in the New 52 to keep up.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel

oh shit youre right he is in it, maybe he has to do with all the heroes disappearing and the crime syndicate showing up, this is gonna be really interesting id wager they probably all end up on the parallel earth (earth-3 i think) and Dick being the only one staying

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
I was never aware Wonder Woman was stronger than Supes. Could be because I only just recently started reading more from her. I just remember that one episode of Justice League where Mongul put that plant on Supes and WW started fighting him. She was having trouble near the end but then Superman beat him proper. Maybe artistic license. I don't know.

I can say for a fact though that Martian Manhunter could absolutely defeat Superman is he had to.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
I was never aware Wonder Woman was stronger than Supes. Could be because I only just recently started reading more from her. I just remember that one episode of Justice League where Mongul put that plant on Supes and WW started fighting him. She was having trouble near the end but then Superman beat him proper. Maybe artistic license. I don't know.

I can say for a fact though that Martian Manhunter could absolutely defeat Superman is he had to.
Batman as well.

oh shit youre right he is in it, maybe he has to do with all the heroes disappearing and the crime syndicate showing up, this is gonna be really interesting id wager they probably all end up on the parallel earth (earth-3 i think) and Dick being the only one staying
Well from the interview Johns gave, he said that it was specifically the Crime Syndicate invading the regular Earth Prime to take it over, and that since our heroes are gone (except for Batman apparently) from Trinity War, the villains step up to fight them from ruling.

Wonder Woman isn't physically stronger but she's close to his level, is just as fast, can fly as well, and is a much much better fighter than he is. Plus she has mystical weapons that can all harm him, unlike most things. So that's why she's capable of doing it. It's not like she'd crush him or anything, it would just be very plausible for her to win, as much as it would be for him to win. Same with MMH, in my opinion, but J'onn has an even greater advantage with his telepathy.

And yeah that episode confused me because there was an earlier one where she and Superman fought and she was at least holding her own against him because they both saw each other as demons from this magical trap they'd gotten into. But yeah, it was adapted from a famous comic story that was older so maybe that had something to do with it.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Batman as well.

No, not Batman. I've seen that fight a few times now and Batman never had a prayer.

Wonder Woman isn't physically stronger but she's close to his level, is just as fast, can fly as well, and is a much much better fighter than he is. Plus she has mystical weapons that can all harm him, unlike most things. So that's why she's capable of doing it. It's not like she'd crush him or anything, it would just be very plausible for her to win, as much as it would be for him to win. Same with MMH, in my opinion, but J'onn has an even greater advantage with his telepathy.
Telepathy is the big one but there's also his shapeshifting and intangibility too. I don't know about New 52 but prior to that MMH was able to pretty handily take on the entire Justice League.

pre flashpoint superman had training to repel telepathy, and a mental martial art to fight telepaths, he also vibrated himself versus doomsday. i still think jonnz would win anyway.

No, not Batman. I've seen that fight a few times now and Batman never had a prayer.

Telepathy is the big one but there's also his shapeshifting and intangibility too. I don't know about New 52 but prior to that MMH was able to pretty handily take on the entire Justice League.
Batman requires very special circumstances, particularly kryptonite. He seems to understand that stuff better than anyone else in the DCU,at be even more than Luthor.

But yeah, J'onn is a complete badass. And if Justice League #8 is anything to go by, he still took on the whole league and was doing fine on his own, in the New 52.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
pre flashpoint superman had training to repel telepathy, and a mental martial art to fight telepaths, he also vibrated himself versus doomsday. i still think jonnz would win anyway.
They say that but history demonstrates it can't be that effective. Telepathy screwed him over in fights against Gorilla Grodd, Maxwell Lord, Manchester Black and that one white martian off the top of my head. Mental assaults thus far seem a pretty good way to fight Supes.

Batman requires very special circumstances, particularly kryptonite. He seems to understand that stuff better than anyone else in the DCU,at be even more than Luthor.

But yeah, J'onn is a complete badass. And if Justice League #8 is anything to go by, he still took on the whole league and was doing fine on his own, in the New 52.
luthor knows a lot more about kryptonite than batman, he named it, he researched it.

They say that but history demonstrates it can't be that effective. Telepathy screwed him over in fights against Gorilla Grodd, Maxwell Lord, Manchester Black and that one white martian off the top of my head. Mental assaults thus far seem a pretty good way to fight Supes.
Maxwell Lord is a fucking beast :D

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Most people on there are agreeing it's near impossible for Batman to beat him. They might have wrote in some close encounters of the years, but let's look at his powers vs batman's gadgets and nonsense. Superman doesn't even have to fight him up close (I know I've said this a few times today but I feel strongly about it lol). W/super speed, I don't see how Batman can truly plan what to do, Superman's offense is limitless against any human being

Most people on there are agreeing it's near impossible for Batman to beat him. They might have wrote in some close encounters of the years, but let's look at his powers vs batman's gadgets and nonsense. Superman doesn't even have to fight him up close (I know I've said this a few times today but I feel strongly about it lol). W/super speed, I don't see how Batman can truly plan what to do, Superman's offense is limitless against any human being
Bullshit, Lois Lane can take his offense.