What's new

NetherRealm Reveals New DC Fighter| Injustice: Gods Among Us - The Debut Trailer

instead of releasing a patch or a new version of mk and fixing all the bs we get this piece of shit that we know wont be a tournament game.i hate NRS right now and if they dont fix mk after evo im quitting mk idc if it stays in mlg fuck the money.im maining kabal to open peoples eyes and for NRS to see how broken this character is in the hopes for him to get nerfed and if that doesnt happen im out.
OMG I <3 U SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!!!

#nohomolol

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm going to wait until we get a full match shown before I judge it.
I really don't like them doing a DC game, but it does give them some leeway to make completely new characters and can avoid MK trappings, like uppercuts, shared air normals, fatalities, blood, annoying costume damage. Also it seems like they have a big ass character that's playable, hopefully hes a grappler.

Hopefully this is just a evolution of the MK9 engine, a refinement from what they learned, maybe some 2D hitboxes, a proper trainer, and other things we have asked for, for a long ass time. It kinda sucks that we won't be able to enjoy it with the characters we actually like, but it also means more experience for the eventual MK10.

Quick thoughts:

- Glad it's NOT MKvsDC2 or KIvsMK (cross over games are LAME)

- Less gimmicks in this new game the better

- I wouldn't be 100% against this being a 3d fighting game with a "run" system

- Get this game tested by high level MK9 players/high level tekken players

- Do location test for this game

- Would DEFINITELY prefer UMK9 or Final patched MK9...before this game really takes off in development. If MK9 DIES before this new game gets off the ground...NO ONE WILL HAVE ANYTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO. And the majority of the MK community will not give a shit.

Albo

Noob
Wow, wasn't expecting this reveal today. This will give NRS a good chance to try somethin different that isn't mk at least and come back strong with mk10 in a few years time hopefully for the next gen of consoles.

It'll be interesing to see what they do in terms of mechanincs and features of this game considering one of the hilights is that it's different to other fighters out there and breaks the mould as we're hearing. I wouldn't be surprised if they re-use an improved version of the mk9 engine and really go all out and try something fresh and new with the story mode like they did with mk9.

I just hope it's competitve, fun and balanced and i'll be more than happy to buy it. I have to say though considering it's a NRS game, i don't think i'd really consider buying it if it was made by most other devs.

Lokking forward to next week at e3 in the hope of NRS revealing a bit more about this game.

exyle

Noob
Pros
- Glad it't not crossover game. MK and DC dont mix.
-More money for NRS means more money for MK10.
-More experience for NRS to make a good tournament game, which will help MK10.
Cons;
- No MK9 patch.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
They're a multi million dollar company with one of the hottest fighters on the market right now. No disrespect but I think they know 10 times better than you what they need to do in order for this to succeed. They know the goods and bads of their past games, they aren't as stupid as you seem to think.

What I'm trying to say is, look at what they gave us with MK9, have some goddamn faith.
Oh I got faith in them, but here's a good example of a bad past game. Armageddon was probably their worst 3D plane fighter to date. Why? Because they went ahead with the same game engine and everyone knew ahead of time that it wasn't gonna cut out no sooner we got our hands on Deception and "at" least called it decent. They went ahead and took out the button input fatalities that we all love and dear since the MK games that were really good back then. MK1-MK4. Now MK4 was an excellent 3D plane fighter in my opinion and will still dear it to this day. They took out the Hara-Kiri which was an excellent choice by the makers to add that in. Thought they should've carried it over to MK9, but who knows? We might see it in the new game sometime next year when we get close to the movie release.

Overall, your thinking I'm just putting my two cents out right away and saying this game is already gonna suck? Well can't say that until one of us gets to play the game first on release and then give our finalize ideas of the game afterwards. Looks like they're using the Unreal Engine 3 which is good. Making this game Rated M. Which means "maybe" we will actually get to see something worthy of our money then no ripped clothing and little blood from the DC characters? Guessing we will get the same thing like what MK9 got right in a 3D game. Chunks of skin torn off and eye socket messed up showing the eyeball itself! Who knows? Only time will tell.

Just saying, dude. Everyone has their own criticism about a new game that comes out and especially when the idea of the DC characters pretty much failed when putting it with MK, or better yet Nether Realms. Like you said, they probably learned from their mistakes and won't make the screw up again. Lets just hope your right on that one and doesn't come back to bite you in the ass later.

This is great news for mk. Not because I think the game is going to be awesome, because I don't. But because they are surely using the mk engine and will be more versed in how to make an effective fighting game when they begin mk10.

But!!!! If you are going to put off mk10 for what appears to be another 1-2 years you HAVE to patch mk9 soon.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Considering that CD jr has more wins than anyone else now under his belt, I think he's qualified to call this game a piece of shit as it stands right now. If anyone is allowed to make that statement, it's him. He's earned it. Oh, with a non-brainless character, mind you. Clearly Jr is a phenomenal player and understands the game a 1,000x better than the majority of us. Give the man some respect.

in;b4 "HURR DURR! JAX HAS ARMOR! HE BRAINLESS 2!" No, he's really not.
"DURRR! CORNER REZET!" Yeah, you try positioning your opponent into the corner.

NariTuba

disMember
Honestly, the more I think about this the more it looks like a mistake. They should have made a non fighting DC game. Third person action / adventure title or whatever and REALLY take a break from MK.

The fact that this is a fighting game poses a couple of problems:
The game will be successful and you KNOW there will be some stupid gimmick mechanics in it, chances of some of these making it to MK10 are high.
They are needlessly killing MK9 by shoving this into the market to take its place (dual NRS concurrent fighters ala Capcom SFIV & UMVC3? i dont think so)

We'll c how it all plays out.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I do like the visual style of the game so far. But I hate DC, hmm I'll give it a try though if it uses the MK engine. I'll still play MK9 until the next MK though.

This looks awesome, I love DC characters and hope this turns out to be a solid game.

Please let this be a 2D fighter!

In the intro/cinematic at 0:25 seconds in, it looks like flash is being shot with a freeze ray? Perhaps Captain Cold or Mr. Freeze will be a playable character?

I would like to see some of the following characters make it into the playable roster:

- Darkseid
- Sinestro
- Martian Manhunter
- Green Arrow
- Aquaman
- Swamp Thing
- Rorscach

BS3OOO

Noob
Just because someone has won countless tournaments doesn't mean that they can avoid being called out. Plus, CD Jr isn't even being realistic. Did you think NRS was going to be like "hey WB, can we put this DC game on hold. We have unfinished business!" Plsss...they have to follow WB rules. I mean, after all the money NRS has given you the opportunity to make you want to diss them?

Come on people, act like you're human and have a little but of common sense. NRS has been nothing but good to us. MK9 isn't perfect but they put a lot of effort in it. This game was a BIG improvement. Also, NRS has a boss they have to answer to. They can't do everything they want. Plus, they have a freaking contract with DC they have to honor! You don't have to like this, but you will understand it!