What's new

NetherRealm Reveals New DC Fighter| Injustice: Gods Among Us - The Debut Trailer

i disliked MKvs DC.... ill bet they reuse their MKvs dc engine.
i prefered NRS working on a next MK shaolin monks instead of this ... another fighter while they could give us an MK adventure.

the fact that there insulting us with this game tells me they could care less about the people that made MK the way it is now. the pros, the scrubs, the people that made combo videos. there just laughing at you by making another FUCKING JOKE!!!!!

its obvious what ed boon's dream is. Mk is just his money project, its clear he cares more about super heroes.... thats why john tobias needs to come BACK!!

Dann

Noob
Well the graphics look fantastic. I think is good that netherealm is making other games. They have been making Mortal Kombat games for 20 years now lol.

As long as that they don't add stupid features like a 2 vs 2 mode and really focus on the fight engine I think it will be a great game. 2d or 3d i can tell this game is going to be sick.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I think I'll wait to see some actual gameplay before passing judgement on this. Some of the stuff boon was talking about in that interview had me just a little concerned.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
My biggest concern about this game is the stage gimmicks, and how that will take away from focusing on the characters and their initial move sets. If your goal is to make all the characters in the game diverse from one another...then the stages they fight on should have very little to do with balance.

This game (from how Ed Boon explained it in the interview) reminds me waaaay too much like Smash Bros.

I don't want a Smash Brothers game from NRS (unless NRS is pulling a Sakurai and PURPOSELY making this game non competitive)!

Besides we already have stupid ass Playstation All Stars coming out later this year. -__-

Anyways...

I WANT a quality fighting game...a competitive fighting games...a respected fighting game from fellow FGC scenes...FROM NRS.

I'll buy this game on day one for 2 reasons:

- This is a 100% pure DC fighting game (which hasn't been done in a long time)

- I want to support NRS

That's where it ends.

About MK9:

I am extremely disappointed that MK9 is being left in its current state. It's literally a patch or two away from being 100% PERFECT. Don't give me this "But, but, what about the $$$ NRS is pouring into EVO, or MLG, etc. etc"

...I don't give a shit about that crap. I really DON'T!

If it was up to me, I'd GLADLY strip EVO of it's 20k pot bonus and all the extra money MLG is getting for MK...

TO FURTHER BALANCE MK9, REMOVE GLITCHES, AND ENHANCED THE NETCODE.

The most beneficial thing MK9 and its scene needs is LONGEVITY (a good example of that is ST...people STILL play that game cause of all the revisions it kept getting until done right).

It will give people a reason to give a fuck about the NEXT MK game (their true money maker, and what's memorable in the FGC).

Fuck Injustice: GAU...real talk!!! FGC is gonna treat that game like all the other RANDOM/POVERTY fighting games released lately...and not a single fuck be given. YOU READ IT HERE FIRST.

Without MK9 getting the help it needs, eventually these OTHER FIGHTING GAMES (especially the new ones coming out) are gonna give folks the green light to DROP MK9 and MOVE ON. Because MK9 is gonna get more and more exposed to being the glitchty (input bug/random advantage), unbalanced (kabal, shitty characters), cluster fuck (pretending there's not a real problem) that it IS and most of us are putting up with. And the only people who will continue to play it (including me lol), are the 24 or so loyal in a dark corner at tournaments. Think of the UMK3 days BEFORE MK9 was released. :(

Forgive me for saying the shit some people don't want to hear. *hand jerk*

Yes! MK9 is better than it's vanilla form. Yes! I appreciate that. But NO!...HELL FUCKING NO! I do not think that NRS should 100% leave this game alone where it is. If you're going to be done with this game...FINISH IT AND FUCKING PATCH/FINISH IT RIGHT.

I mean...look at MK Vita. -__-

/end rant...yay Injustice? :/
easy solution is an option to turn it off

That also could be captain cold, one of flashes villains, a lame name, but a pretty awesome character.
WHo?

Might be one of the most unimaginative names ive ever heard

Dr_Bufa

Noob
This trailer is senseless to me so far.
Are we going to see this game disattented while it is needing patches and is released to Vita with lot of new stuff that I'd like to have in my console?

shig

kool guy
lmao people thinking interactive stages = random and casual shit

ever played vf5? wiith special throws near the wall and stuff? this could be the same thing.
and the stages might even be all mechanically identical, with one stage interaction point at each corner of the stage and one in the middle(like a car for example)

not saying this is how it will be done, nor that it is the only way to do it without fucking everything up. just saying that stage interaction does not mean this is cant be tourney worthy

shig WTF are you talking about.

stages with hazards is fucking gimmicky as fuck. why do you think the smash community has so many stage bans...just to make their game competitive. or the DoA community play on most stages without random cheetahs or cars knocking you to kingdom come...randomly mid match.

Because it alters natural game play.

VF is a terrible example. Their variety of stages STAY stationary through out the match. and the ONLY different is stage sizes and height of barriers. it's not like akira is gonna knock vanessa into a shaolin monk temple wall press a button and HERE COMES BATMAN AND BATERANGS LOLOLOLOL.

fuck stage gimmicks, focus on the characters and the variety of their movesets and you'll have a legit...and possible competitive fighting game.

shig

kool guy
the only stage interaction we saw so far has to be activated by the player. the shit about random hazards like tigers attacking you came only out of your ass. it might be in the game, it might not be, but all we know now is that there is stage interaction, and the game is supposed to be competitive.

as long as all stage interaction is predictable, doing a special throw in the corner with LOLOL BATARANGS is no different than having specific combos that only work in the corner.

Like we both mentioned Pig, if you can turn off the stage gimmicks I'd be all for it.

I don't want to smash cars on batman on certain stages, I want to smash batman with my moveset on ALL stages.

shig

kool guy
listen mister i dont want to use stage interactions on vf5, i want to smash people with akira's moveset, and not wall grabs wich clearly are not part of his moveset. absolutely laughable that people think this game, where you have attacks that involve things other than the two playable characters and the ground in wich they stand, is competitive somehow

but, you see, that car wasnt a wall, technically; furthermore, interacting with a thing not on the very corner of the stage is, quite frankly, heresy.

btw here's my super cool catch phrase, so you know im right: fuck the thing that is a crucial part of every character's playstyle in this game... focus on the CHARACTERS instead, nrs

by the way im not even saying this won't be a gimmick. it might not be, it might be, but "has interactive stuff on the stage" does not mean "is casual"