What's new

NetherRealm Reveals New DC Fighter| Injustice: Gods Among Us - The Debut Trailer

Tim Static

Adminerator
NetherRealm's next game will be some type of fighting game, featuring DC Universe characters. Not too much is know about this game, but as you can tell from my avatars on TYM & Twitter, it wasn't a big time secret. When the contract with DCU & WB Games was signed, which gave us MKvsDCU, the contract called for 2 games. Injustice is the 2nd. Can't wait to hear and see more about the game as time goes on, so stay tuned to TYM!! Here is the debut trailer:

dcf2.jpg

Attachments

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Hoping this doesn't turn out garbage like they did with MKvsDC Universe. From the looks of it so far, I'm thinking it's gonna have a good turnout. Lets only hope for it and pray they can do better this time.

Saint

Noob
Hoping this doesn't turn out garbage like they did with MKvsDC Universe. From the looks of it so far, I'm thinking it's gonna have a good turnout. Lets only hope for it and pray they can do better this time.
With how that game turned out and the reception of MK9 don't you think these guys know which direction to take this?

I was going to make a new thread about, but I DON'T understand.

From the initial reveal I was hyped, than I saw the interview/trailer and I'm unhyped.

What the hell happened to, NRS taking their time to make quality games since being picked up by WB? Doesn't it seem, too soon to make another fighter? In 2013, when the console's are about to be replaced with next gen. What if, this game turns out to be super good, but other developers start releasing FGs for next gen consoles?

Also, WTH, I thought they learned from MK x DC, and they were done with gimmicks. These new ideas don't sound neat, it sounds like MK x DC. First of all going through buildings and shit isn't new, grabbing objects, it sounds like they will have some type of 'Free Fall Kombat'. This sounds like Midway.

Another concern, has me put up red flags for MK10, what IF they do end up adding gimmicky shit to MK10, this DC fighter isn't going to give future MKs/NRS any positive rep if it's not, ya know a legit fighting game! Hence, MK will be in a never ending cycle of a 'not a serious game'. I'm just scared, we are reverting to the old ways. Lets hope this game has MK9 type engine.

Also, who ever knew about this DC fighter, because it was rumored for a while, probably already knows about MK10.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
With how that game turned out and the reception of MK9 don't you think these guys know which direction to take this?
If they're smart and go with the same concept as MK9, then it will definitely be good. But look at that trailer one more time and tell me this is gonna be another 3D plane fighter just like MKvsDC was? Like Ketchup said "Looks promising", but looks can be very deceiving and I for one if they ever do such thing is for them to put it up for testing at select areas like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at NEC for everyone to get a shot at the game. To actually see and how it feels before making a final judgement on it and not waste money on another game they couldn't improve from the last.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If done right, this could be amazing. I am a DCU fan, but Im also a Marvel fan too. Some of my most favorite fighting games include Marvel characters on a SF engine (up until they fucked that up with MvC3). I'm excited.
I NEVER SAY "WORD".... fucking WORD, Tim!

Praying for 2D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! colt

T3rror

Noob
Is this fighter 2D or 3D? Cannot tell from this trailer. I'm more of a fan of DC characters than marvel so this already peaked my interest.