What's new

NEC shoutouts thread

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
HGTV DrFlash44 Sucks that Quan v Cage is hella bad for you...I really respect the way you play Quan. Its good too see you
Yeh I've come to the realization that quan simply gets destroyed by cage, sonya, liu Kang, Kenshi, and Kabal. So now I'm playing a new characters for those matchups except for Liu Kang (who do I need to worry about on the east coast) and Kenshi (I for whatever reason feel comfortable in this matchup even though I know its terrible) who is that character you ask? You'll have to wait til WB to see

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yeh I've come to the realization that quan simply gets destroyed by cage, sonya, liu Kang, Kenshi, and Kabal. So now I'm playing a new characters for those matchups except for Liu Kang (who do I need to worry about on the east coast) and Kenshi (I for whatever reason feel comfortable in this matchup even though I know its terrible) who is that character you ask? You'll have to wait til WB to see
i'll still f33flipkick -> nutpunch (not even EX)

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Shoutouts to everyone, basically. I realized that because of my pool not running on Saturday, and because I got disqualified early on Sunday, I hardly spent any time at all around Mortal Kombat, and barely got to hang out with everyone. It's a shame, really, as after getting 3rd place at Summer Jam, I decided to actually play this game again (despite it's flaws), and really wanted to see how I'd do after practicing, trying to level up, and playing the game more seriously. Moreover, I love the MK community and have a great time hanging out with you all. I hope to get to play at Winter Brawl, and that I'll get to hang out with everyone then.

Special shoutouts to everyone who helped to run the tournament, stream, and commentate.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
blueNINE
It was great to hang out with you again!
<3

Actually, commentating with you was one of the few times I got to hang out by MK for a while, and was definitely one of the better parts of the weekend. I didn't expect to commentate at all, and it was a nice surprise. I hope this won't be the last of dat blueFISH commentary! Thanks for mentioning it, and for posting the pictures.

Hitoshura yeah, I had a great time over there. it was a good experience to hang out with a few mk players. definitely want to go to another one. gonna try to see if for the WB i can convince Bombito to go.

Nice meeting you bro. until next time

Also want to give a shoutout STORMS. Finally got to meet you in person, so that was pretty cool, always appreciated the support you've given us in PR. and was very glad to get to meet you in person. hopefully this won't be the last time.

Shadows to the end lol

Peace!

Btw NEC was GDLK! lol

jamessmk

I am your god
My shout outs while I have time. For starters I personally enjoyed seeing absolutely all. Had a blast the event is about competition and we can all debate NY/CHI/ATL/HOU/WC/EC and who is the best or who stunk the worst. But in reality what this is all all about is friendships that grow from this player like myself, summoning, lijoe, have forged friendships through these games that have lasted for over 20 years. That is what this is all about, I need a wire, summoning needs a pc fixed, or summoning needs furniture, we are all to help one another.Tre, Hito, or BigD needs life advise someone in this community is there to always help. We all compete and compete hard we do, but it is those friendships that truly make this scene what it is, from casuals in a room, to drinks in a bar, or a smoke on outside. That is what makes a scene a success. It is not the influx of money, or size of events, or the bragging rights that come with winning or doing well. We are always there to help another person up in our scene. And if you noticed for the who have watch the 1st episode of "OBS" I threw out a bunch of not so terms of endearment. The point was in our scene no race, religion, or sexual orientation has any bearing on our friendships. Don't not ever be fooled to thinking events like grassroots or MLG, IPL made us grow. It is done by us and us alone, player like Shock who keep east going when MK3 was though dead, Phil and Dark Rob and Summoning. Tom Brady the "Mouth of the East and anywhere else" as time grew people like Gerchap, Druboy, Pat McCarron, Rat Fink, Dark Bishop FIGHTER EDGE, TRMK, MKX were the original building blocks of sites to come like MKO,MKE, TYM... Thats the point. I can give you all the true and unadulterated stories of the wars, and trivial past which have threaten to at one time fracture this scene as a whole and one day I will lay it out from the days of BB'S system and telnets to MK boards to the criminal side of blackmarket game stealing which had cost jobs as well as many other things. The stories I will share while certainly long, and will be worth it, but unfortunately for those who like the climactic ending it has yet to be written and the best is still yet to come
But my shoutout will soon

Thank you

James MK

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Just got this photo from Shock. It's the top 3 from MK2 at NEC.

From left to right:
me (2nd), DavidGEM (3rd), REO (1st)

Attachments