What's new

NEC shoutouts thread

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
My shout outs will follow tomorrow most likely. Been going nonstop, including today, for the last 10 days.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Shout out to Maxter for giving me a heart attack and pretty much every one of his top 8 fights, so many close matches!

Shock, 9.95 and summoning. Thanks for doing what you guys do, was an awesome event and happy I could finally meet the legends!

SwiftTomHanks, you're a gentleman and a scholar. I know how stressful it can be, major props for running such a massive tourney!

Goldi

Noob
I'll try to do this properly later. I just wanted to say that even with all the chaos, I had a really great time. Everyone was so fun and cool to hang out with.

And the organizers. Thank you for the hard work. I like to loom around the booth to help out if needed or at least try to be upbeat and cheery when things are hectic (when aren't they, right? :))

But in the future, don't be shy to put me to work. I'm looming for a reason :)
9.95 Phil
Shock
STORMS
And everyone else who was working so hard for the tourney.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
My bad, didn't know you chipped in. Alls I remember is Showtime walking in the room, putting 2 boxes of Pizza down, and saying "Anybody who wants a slice, come and take one."

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
My bad, didn't know you chipped in. Alls I remember is Showtime walking in the room, putting 2 boxes of Pizza down, and saying "Anybody who wants a slice, come and take one."
its cool we had bought pizza the night before we were 2 boxes away from bodying 80 dollars worth
i was trying to sow you the lao rep match just didnt see ya man

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
its cool we had bought pizza the night before we were 2 boxes away from bodying 80 dollars worth
i was trying to sow you the lao rep match just didnt see ya man
I saw you a bunch, but I was too nervous to go up and say hi. ;_;

REO

Undead
Shoutouts:

Maxter for getting better in Kabal match-up and also for being my partner in crime in the tag tournament at NEC. It was a dirty job but we had to do it. :p

CD jr for knocking me into losers and always changing the way you play against me each tournament. I don't think there was a game more close than ours.

SonicFox5000 for nearly eliminating me. The reads you make with Mileena are in a league of it's own. I've never been read and punished for pot-shotting Kabal's gas blasts like that before.

EGP_TYRANT for being the greatest momentum player I faced. We also had a close set where you almost eliminated me. That Jax.

GGA 16 Bit for the LBSH Kabal discussions we had that made the room depressed. Way to go.

@soonk for ganging up on people and talking about how input bug affects Kabal the most while keeping it real

GGA HAN for being friendly and welcoming in every way possible.

Evil_Riu48 for doing work as usual with Sonya and being optimistic about Baraka. lol

Tom Brady for freezing all the Kabal player livers in your tournament matches. Mannn, what have I done. lol FEED HER

Insuperable for shocking everyone when you busted out Jax and beat players in wtf matches. What just happened?

J360 for showing me what a losing match-up feels like. GORO WINS LOL

w1nter warz for doing the snake completely wrong every chance you get.

Hitoshura for the random lols and stuff we discuss that people have no idea what we're talking about.

zaf for making me fear for my life once we got behind the wheel of your car. But seriously good shit with Ermac I hope whatever song you had me replaying doesn't get stale for you before your next tournament. The concentration was on point

Jer for the smash pep talks and keeping it real in the room about how cold it is in the D and among other things lol.

Death for discussing the fear of Ermac and dat lift.

k-frog for the best pop off ever in the history of MK9. It was the longest, loudest, funniest, and most entertaining pop off I have ever witnessed. You would have to be biased to not think his pop off deserves an award. I can't believe no one recorded it. Fucking epic.

Big D for running the Kabal and Cyrax marathon in the hotel. dun-duh-dun-duh duh x10

KT Smith for being that "guy" that doesn't give a shit. Hold dat

jamessmk for technically talking shit for me 24/7 so I don't have to say a word. Best idea for a sweater ever

DarKNaTaS for discussing the lack of 4G on sprint on how it's dumb. Smh

AC1984 for all the games we played in UMK3 and having superb rushdown with Kabal in MK9. I was watching some of your fights and you're getting better and better.

STB Goldfish for always wearing a smile and brightening up the room

Mikemetroid for giving Maxter and us the POWAH we needed in the tag tournament.

Blackula for making me go wtf in those tag fights. If it wasn't for you and Sonicfox ridiculous pressure set ups Maxter and I wouldn't have been motivated enough to spend an hour on the side practicing some dirty shit.

STORMS for the amazing poster that was in that main hall. It looked epic and official. Awesome seeing you again too

Krayzie for the talks of funny shit like Riu and pizza. We always have the best nostalgic conversations lol

MKillBill for having a great Liu Kang that made our matches go down to the wire.

david_GEM for the epic sagas and Mileena mirrors we have.

@Lilhustlachris for the fun fights we had in UMK3 and it was cool meeting you for the first time. We used to play on Mame a ton way back years ago it was great playing in person

SwiftTomHanks Dark_Rob 9.95 summoning Shock @Claudevonstroke pherleece for doing all the hard work you guys did for FREE and ensuring the tournament could have run the best it could. Shock is always the only Reptile that gets games off my Kabal like no other. Respect.

TONY-T for being an awesome dude and giving me my FIRST ever complaint about snoring. Lol. The Shao Kahn fights in the hotel were a blast

@NMegabyte for being a very friendly and cool dude. It's always nice to discuss match ups with another Kabal brother. You also did great for your first major tournament ever.

Sorry if I left anyone out I got pretty sick after the tournament and just woke up so my memory is vague.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
I guess I shouldnt be so lazy about my shoutouts....

zaf Your the shit man. Awesome matches against Tyrant and enjoy being a fellow "Grandfather."

Jer Good seeing you again man. Eating Wawa's in 40 degree weather was probably the best idea we ever had...lol

Hitoshura It was cool to finally meet one of the original Noob Saibots. Thanks for being so down-to-earth

GGA 16 Bit It was great to see you and the GGA crew again. The hotel room shenanigans are one of my favorite experiences in the offline scene

REO Congrats on another big win! As always, it was hilarious hanging out with you again.

J360 If only we played more games together...But it was a blast hanging out. You are definitely one of the funniest people I have yet to meet

TONY-T It was literally surreal to finally meet you in person. Hopefully I'll see you soon again. And props on the parking lot situation lol. You gotta love America sometimes xD

@SwifTomHanks What you have done for this community will NEVER go unnoticed, especially through my eyes. It was great to finally meet you in person.

k-frog Amazing job helping rep Ermac this weekend bud! Im so pissed that your pop off wasnt recorded...

Insuperable Yet again, we couldnt really hang out too much; and I dont think we played a single game together (except for the tag team matches). We definitely need to change this.

@W1nterWarz Dat money match lol. You are one of the reasons that I know DESPISE Cyrax...

Maxter Thanks for blowing my back out in tournament. I dont think I have ever been beaten that bad in MK9 EVER...you definitely got revenge from CEO 2012

Tom Brady It was great to see you again. You did incredible in tourney. And yeah...Sub Zero > Ermac

Blackula I cant thank you enough for giving me a place to sleep on saturday night. I was literally stranded. Also, those matches against Wafflez were insane to watch!

Death What can I say? That sonya is beastly! Shoutouts to us taking shots in the name of being washed up!

Showtime We definitely should of played more, but you are a MILLION times better than when we played back at Final Round.

Claude VonStroke Thanks for the hospitality yet again; as well as picking me up from the airport. Cant wait to see you again!

DarKNaTaS @JamesMK It was sick to finally meet you guys in person. Cheers!

If I forgot anyone I am sorry. There was just so many people that I had to give props to. But thanks to all of you for making this tourney an experience that I will never forget.

pherleece

Woolay
I guess I shouldnt be so lazy about my shoutouts....

zaf Your the shit man. Awesome matches against Tyrant and enjoy being a fellow "Grandfather."

Jer Good seeing you again man. Eating Wawa's in 40 degree weather was probably the best idea we ever had...lol

Hitoshura It was cool to finally meet one of the original Noob Saibots. Thanks for being so down-to-earth

GGA 16 Bit It was great to see you and the GGA crew again. The hotel room shenanigans are one of my favorite experiences in the offline scene

REO Congrats on another big win! As always, it was hilarious hanging out with you again.

J360 If only we played more games together...But it was a blast hanging out. You are definitely one of the funniest people I have yet to meet

TONY-T It was literally surreal to finally meet you in person. Hopefully I'll see you soon again. And props on the parking lot situation lol. You gotta love America sometimes xD

@SwifTomHanks What you have done for this community will NEVER go unnoticed, especially through my eyes. It was great to finally meet you in person.

k-frog Amazing job helping rep Ermac this weekend bud! Im so pissed that your pop off wasnt recorded...

Insuperable Yet again, we couldnt really hang out too much; and I dont think we played a single game together (except for the tag team matches). We definitely need to change this.

@W1nterWarz Dat money match lol. You are one of the reasons that I know DESPISE Cyrax...

Maxter Thanks for blowing my back out in tournament. I dont think I have ever been beaten that bad in MK9 EVER...you definitely got revenge from CEO 2012

Tom Brady It was great to see you again. You did incredible in tourney. And yeah...Sub Zero > Ermac

Blackula I cant thank you enough for giving me a place to sleep on saturday night. I was literally stranded. Also, those matches against Wafflez were insane to watch!

Death What can I say? That sonya is beastly! Shoutouts to us taking shots in the name of being washed up!

Showtime We definitely should of played more, but you are a MILLION times better than when we played back at Final Round.

Claude VonStroke Thanks for the hospitality yet again; as well as picking me up from the airport. Cant wait to see you again!

DarKNaTaS @JamesMK It was sick to finally meet you guys in person. Cheers!

If I forgot anyone I am sorry. There was just so many people that I had to give props to. But thanks to all of you for making this tourney an experience that I will never forget.
You forgot me and your not forgiven -_-

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
OZZYGUITAR: Best Scorpian I have every played (seeing how i never played slips and i haven't seen scoot in ages) I was really stressed with how i was feeling, and my performance in casuals. So If I came off as a dick I apologize again. Your a great player and deserve the credit. Ima rep the shit out of u!
Lol man we all get salty every once in a while, its alrite tho, i had a great time playing ur noob, and i cant wait until you get that Hitosaurus reptile down. Btw, how you gonna slips is a better scorpion then me?! lol jk that guy deserves the title of best scorpion if anyone does, then again theres not enough of us :( the only other scorpion i know of at NEC was pimpuigi and i had to eliminate him from our pool in the mirror lol

Jer ....THANKS FOR KNOCKING ME TO LOSERS , lol jk man your mileena is godlike and i haven't ever played a tournament set that close, i cant wait for winterbrawl

HGTV DrFlash44 MY BOY! you did well at the tournament, sucks that you lost in one of the mu's you know the best lolol, gl at winterbrawl man

HGTV Ermacio .....best kabal....ever.... Lol jk but man you played great at the tournament and i cant wait too see what you pull of next

Mikemetroid you need to use flipkick more, otherwise your cage will never be on the level of mine XD jk man your cage has leveled the fuck up since the last time a saw you! But believe me, no matter how good you get I WILL ALWAYS PICK SCORPION IN THAT MU

TheTetraSpirit Lol man it was great to see you and your fuckin crazy baraka again, maybe next time i can get that godly pop off we were talking about "SLIPS WHO MOTHER FUCKERS?!" lol

HGTV Soapboxfan were you even there? i swear i saw at least 10 people that looked exactly like you

7L good to see you man, we need to get in some casuals next time, i NEED to know that matchup better lol

Matix218 Your smoke has some serious potentional man, we def have to play more casuals next time i see you

Insuperable dude your quan is GODLIKE we def have to play eachother sometime, and dont think i didnt see you using that patented Drflash tech against krayzie lolol

Claude VonStroke dude your cage and raiden are a force to be reckoned with lol, great to see you again

Lt. Box great to finally meet you in person, you are legit hilarious and an awesome guy, maybe we can get games in next time?

If i forgot anyone sorry lol, ill edit more people in if i have to

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Mikemetroid you need to use flipkick more, otherwise your cage will never be on the level of mine XD jk man your cage has leveled the fuck up since the last time a saw you! But believe me, no matter how good you get I WILL ALWAYS PICK SCORPION IN THAT MU
You picked Kenshi against him at ECT

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
ALRIGHT, Here we go.

summoning For letting me borrow a stick that actually works for awhile! I really will need it to train. No need to use a damn pad anymore. Thanks a lot!

Shock 9.95 Dark_Rob pherleece I hope to one day be staff along side of you guys once again to help make the experience for all players awesome and unforgettable. You guys rock

SwiftTomHanks 7L sackram22 AC1984 I'm proud of all of my fellow PA members for kicking ass and working their ass off this weekend. You guys are the "clan" members I could ever wish for.

Maxter Damn man I don't even know where to start. You're always one of the top people I look forward to hanging with at these tournaments. Hopefully I see you at Winter Brawl, take your break and get the school work all caught up man.

REO You're welcome for the tag infinite! You're a cool guy, we should've gotten some games in!

DanCock Klassik MK training partner? MK1 for like an hour and a half? Awesome. You are a great guy to see and a great tag team partner! See you around man

Tom Brady One jump punch, I would've had it. I would've been the first Cage to knock THE SUB-ZERO out of tournament. Good games man, I hope we play the next time we meet.

Hitoshura Showtime EGP_TYRANT Death Saturday night was fucking crazy.

MKillBill DCI Guy, I'm glad I gave you your first UMK3 win haha. It was good meeting the person behind all of the klassic MK tournies that are online!

@Jamesmk Why would you keep homeboy tyson hidden from teh community? I'm sure we would all love to listen to "fat and black and white all over" live

k-frog Awesome to meet you man. You're a great guy to be around and you by far have the best MK9 pop-off to date.

TONY-T Coming from Australia gets a huge shoutout on its own. You and @n_megabytes are great guys and I hope too see you in the future. I also will accept the boss character challenge.

Big D Nice meeting you. Got to get some games in!

OZZYGUITAR You can always pick Scorpion man, but don't you fucking ever ex teleport. I'll embarrass you for using it ;) good seeing you man

HGTV Ermacio That Kabal beat Claude? I guess I have to play it for myself >:]

HGTV DrFlash44 Sucks that Quan v Cage is hella bad for you...I really respect the way you play Quan. Its good too see you

HGTV Soapboxfan fuck you for not showing up </3

Jer and zaf Always a pleasure gentlemen

Lt. Box We should've played test your luck like we used to do!

SonicFox5000 Keep it up man, also shoutouts to growth spurts.

CRUM nice meeting you! Hope to one day be a big enough icon in the community to be interviewed by you.

GGA Soonk GGA 16 Bit GGA HAN Wafflez MOE30W Its good too see you guys again, I hope to come to GGA once again and level up like I did in the summer.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
SHUT UP YOU GENERIC BITCH! I BABIED YOUR SONYA WITH SCORPION!!! ....there is no excuse for this incompetence, there is no excuse for this incompetence....
My day 3 sonya.... and i was still up like 30 to 5 lol. BTW shoutouts to all the sonya players at NEC, I learned a lot about my new character very quickly thanks to them.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
Mikemetroid lol i know you'll just throw me out every time
HGTV Soapboxfan well its give or take a 7-3 or 8-2 matchup sooo thats about how many games i shouldve won, but it was more like 20 to 5 lolol, you have a ridiculous sonya already, its like you're still playing cage