What's new

NEC shoutouts thread

7L

Heads up!
I just wrote out 18 shoutouts and had it all typed and closed the fucking tab -_- reserved for my remaking posts, I'll edit it

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I guess its time for me to make some shoutouts huh?

9.95, Shock, summoning, @darkrob, SwiftTomHanks, and STORMS: Thank you for everything you guys did to make NEC 13 one of THE best majors ever! You guys are the best.

Everyone in VSM ( REO, Insuperable, Maxter, rev0lver, CD jr., Claude VonStroke, J360, Evil_Riu48, pherleece, jamessmk, DarKNaTaS and KT Smith): Just being around you guys is great enough. You guys are the greatest.

Lt. Box: Your one of my favorite persons to be around during majors man. Your out of your mind and I love that about you. To bad I didn't see you during day 2 :C

Death: Good seeing you again man. Sorry to hear everything that happened to you recently, but your back in track of things and look great man! Lost a lot of weight. See you at WB

EGP_TYRANT: Yo bro! This weekend was great! I need to come to the West Coast like you said for a weekend. Can't wait to see you again bro. See you at WB if you go that is

Trepound380: You have quickly became close with me b/c of certain circumstances that have happened to me and I'm glad you helped me out dude. Hanging with you this weekend was great and can't wait to see you again.

Srryimwhte & Mr Aquaman: Hanging with you guys this weekend was absolutely amazing. PTH heroes are fucking awesome and I can't wait for my shirt :3 see you guys at WB.

Lulzlou: Dude I can't believe we finally had social interaction with one another. usually we just say a few words and thats it haha! Your a great dude and a great player. Tournament nerves suck dude! Believe me. See you at WB!

Showtime: Bro I still can't believe that you are who you are. An old friend fro HS being in the same scene as me. Im truly grateful and spending the weekend with u was great. Pherleece's truth serum was some good shit. haha

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Shoutouts to:
Tom Brady, Mann you bodied me hard in Deadly Alliance. Good stuff for coming back against Tony-T Like that!
@GGA 16-Bit, THat was a very excellent kitana. Had me on my toes while playing you lol. I loved the way you were spacing and footsieing me. Good stuff!
@Khaotik, Mannn I loved the casuals we played there. I'm sad you didnt make it out of pools though :(
EGP_TYRANT: I love your jax. It is amazing. I loved how we played Test your Luck near the end of the tourney lol. That was so funny!
@CDjr, OMg i cant thank you enough lol. You cheered me on in MK and DOA. You brung so much hype and I think I would have lost to Balack Mamba if it wernt for you to be the only player to cheer me on!
REO, I learned alot for playing your kabal. I loved how every time i whiffed a D4, you got me in that dash. I also was salty from that infinite in tag as well lol. I'll be waiting for my runback!
Maxter, Mannn, that johnny cage lol. Made me lose hope in that tag tournament lol. Nice way for you and reo to reset the brackets. Was awesome.
@Trepound, Lol omg. You kept trying to play me and beat me in casuals, Deadly ALliance, and Tag lol. I loved how you reacted when you saw my D4 Ms F1 into Ex Rising karma with the Kenshi/Sonya Tag lol. GGs bro!
TONY-T, I love that cyrax. You are pretty much the best with him IMO. ood stuff for coming down 20 hours just to rep him.
Death: We talked a lot at the tournament but we never played casuals ;_;. I hope we can sometime at NEC.
Evil_Riu48 : That was possibly one of the best sonyas I have ever played. I amo happy to have played it and that top 8 loser match was amazing when you and I sonya mirrored. I hope you learn that matchup well. You played patiently!
SwiftTomHanks, We didnt talk much but thank you for organizing the tournament well!
Shock: Same thing as STH, thanks for organizing.
Insuperable: I loved the casuals we played. Good stuff for eliminating the top players! I think you placed very well. I loved the way you played that Ermy against me in casuals.
And last but not least, You mk community. I enjoyed learning and watching as others played. I learned a lot of stuff I didnt know. Good stuff guys for coming down to NEC and participate. You guys are amazing and this game will always be good as long as you guys come down to rep this game!

P.S, LOOOOOOOOOOL REO 's Hoodie on the back. I was dying lol.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
@Redreaper: Nice meeting you dude. Really enjoy your sektor. Hoped you liked some of that truth serum as well. Sorry for trolling you about the lighter. I think you know what I'm talking about XD

Krayzie: Always good seeing you dude. Love your cyrax. See you soon

@Sackram(Mike oxlong): Man I can't believe you play noob, but I'm happy you do. You won the mirror match. I may have been really nervous but you knew exactly what you were doing and for that you out played me Good shit. Not taking it easy on you next time though. I wont be scared ;)

7L: Always good seeing you to man. Didnt get to see you play :C, but Ill see you at WB

FGA Monopr: BRO! Was great meeting you! Watching your noob in casuals and comparing it to mine (when im not a scardy cat) i can say were close on skill level except you abuse portal more than me. Something I should start doing. Chilling with you at the bar was fun as well and that picture we took was Godlike. Hopefully see you at wb. Keep in touch! You have my number. We got to step our game up for WB if you show up. Top 8 will be ours!

To GDLK for NEC 13! haha

GGA crew (@GGA 16 bit, GGA HAN, GGA Soonk, Wafflez ): Great seeing you guys. Always love when you all show. Although saying good bye seemed awkward idky maybe I was buggin \()/¯ Anyway you guys are awesome and hope you had a great time at NEC. See you all soon

STB Goldfish: We don't know each other but nice jade and mileena cosplays lol. Also shoutouts to your pink headphones. They blended witht he cloth on the table. Me and Tyrant were buggin trying to figure wtf they were and we realized to late XD

@7: Your ermac was really enjoyable to watch. good shit dude!

HGTV Ermacio: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Love yah! No homo :p See you atw WB!

OZZYGUITAR: Best Scorpian I have every played (seeing how i never played slips and i haven't seen scoot in ages) I was really stressed with how i was feeling, and my performance in casuals. So If I came off as a dick I apologize again. Your a great player and deserve the credit. Ima rep the shit out of u!

Big D: Great meeting you dude! Love your ermac and noob! You play Noob better then I ever did. Guess I need to get back in the lab huh? haha. Hopefully see u at WB if not then FR.

Tom Brady: NERGH!!! Stop sleeping in the middle of the floor and maybe I wont wake you up :) Great seeing you again man and Ill see u at WB

@zaf and Jer: Always a pleasure hanging with you guys. Hopefully you 2 are going to WB. Also Jer I wanna see that tatt finished soon :p

k-frog: Dude it was great seeing you again. Can't wait to get your bands cd in the mail. See you at WB!

TONY-T: Dude meeting you was great! Your cryax is sooo good! To bad we couldn't do tag together :C Maybe at WB :D

Matix218: Always love seeing you and your bro. Your bros cage is pretty good. need more f3 though :D See you at WB

Blackula: *Room mates Order 7 pies of pizza* Yo I Want spagehtti! XD had me rollin! Greats seeing you! WE NEED TO PLAY AT WB!!!

Mikemetroid: Always great seeing you bro! Hope you enjoyed that serum! Hope Marlinpie did as well lol

Anyone else I'm forgetting I apologize. When I remember I will edit this post and add you on here

Enenra

Go to hell.
When I finally get my act together and go to a tournament, I'm going to wear a mask so no one can put a face to the troll.

Then, whoever gets top 8 can challenge me to a FT10 Kenshi vs Jade, and if they win, they can see my face.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
shouts outs to

DanCock for letting me stay in your room again. you're always prepared and selfless with accommodating people at tournaments and i love you for that. thanks for everything

zaf for the hugs. you smell nice

SwiftTomHanks for being awesome and not being a bad bed-mate like some people

pherleece for also being awesome and the controller and the ride home. srsly people give him more props, he ran the recording station and does a lot people don't know about all for the community

Showtime for being a cool ass dude as always. i was secretly rooting for you against Brady amidst all the shouting lol

Claude VonStroke for the ride to the tournament and not being phased by all the drama haha

n-megabyte i didn't actually talk to you while i was there but i noticed every time you were around i was emo about something lol so i just wanted to say sorry for that and im not actually that weird

@the whole PTH group (Astronout, Srryimwhte, Lulzlou, Mr Aquaman) for being the coolest group of people ever even though i barely see you

k-frog because i see you all the time and never talk to you for some reason but you seem cool

Death for not getting with ugly girls and being cool to hang around

Noobe for being 100x better than i thought (srsly i thought you were free or something. wtf??)

Jer for letting me scam him out of $5

TheTetraSpirit for making me not look like a complete fool by beating Khaotik (sorry Khaotik lol)

STORMS for the chips

Mikemetroid for being the best upflip combo cage player in the world

Big D for doing the exact opposite of what i told him to do after mileena's u4

@noel brown for being drunk and hollywood

anti shoutouts to EGP_TYRANT

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I sat there and watched over 11 hours of MK as I wasn't able to make it to NEC so my shoutouts are to all the people that ran the streams.

Shoutouts to:
@Shock/9.95 Phil/VSM Summoning/ Swift Tom Hanks: Good stuff in organizing a tourney that has been one of my favorite out of state tournaments thus far. It was so cool to have met all of you for the first time and I hope to see you all again.

@REO/CDjr/Maxter: You cats were as cool as always and as good as always. I look forward to playing REO and Maxter again and Jr. we still haven't played :(

GGA HAN/ GGA Moe30w/ GGA 16 Bit/ GGA Young Tommy Wafflez: It's always a pleasure meeting you folks. Bit as always, you carried the torch for our favorite princess in top 8. I wish I could have made it there too and I will some day. Wafflez, good luck at NIU brotha and I look forward to playing that smoke again when we get the chance next year. Han and Moe30w, It was awesome meeting you fellas and I hope to play ya'll whenever we see each other again.

Hitoshura: Dude you owe me a new bag of Flipz white chocolate pretzels. How can you come in my room, ask for ONE pretzel from my bag from Noobe, who had no business saying yes, and leaving those crumbs and shit on the floor after you ate the whole damn bag? Damn dude...It was still nice to meet you though :D

@Noobe/@Blackula Awesome weekend bro. I look forward to that $30 money match that we have coming next time we meet. I'll have my headphones on first this time ;) BTW, link me those deals you get on flights whenever you can lol. Blackula, It's always a pleasure to see you in person my man and as always we will stay in touch :)

@Jer/7L/Ozzie Guitar/Big D; Great matches with all of you cats in tournament man. Jer, that had to be the most nerve racking set I've ever won...and that counts for the tournaments that I've won and EVO lol. Great Mileena and I wanna play you more too bro. Ozzie, great scorp, you capitalized on a ton of my mistakes and made me look stupid on a lot of occassions. I look forward to playing more and tightening up my gameplay. 7L, Don't worry bro, I hate kitana mirrors more than anyone in this community. I felt your pain after the set was done. Big D, It was cool that we finally played and as always you are a cool dude, but next time we meet, I'm comin for that ermac's head!!! Prepare yourself!!!! lol ggs all around.

@Pimpuigi/ EGP Tyrant/ EGP Krayzie/ EGP Red Reaper/Lulzlou/AC1984/ Tony-T/ Dark NaTaS/ Great sets to all of you. As always meeting you all and seeing some of you again is a pleasure. I hope to see you all again soon at the next major that I can book. Tony-T, Keep at it brotha, once you get experience, you could probably become the best cyrax in the world, With respect to any and all current cyrax players out there now. That dude doesn't miss shit once he touches you...

Special Shoutouts to KombatHouston, @KH Showtime, KH ShanxterX, KH Cat and the rest of my KombatHouston Teammates. I wouldn't have come close to top 17 with out having ya'll help me out over the last year. I can't fkn believe that it's already been a year since we all met and started our scene from scratch. Unbelievable, and now we are strongly pulling in 32 people at locals in Houston... PPL better beware of the 713!

BTW, Shoutouts to Trepound380 for the awesome opening for a snake strike moment in Blackula's room :p

If I missed anyone please let me know :)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hitoshura: Dude you owe me a new bag of Flipz white chocolate pretzels. How can you come in my room, ask for ONE pretzel from my bag from Noobe, who had no business saying yes, and leaving those crumbs and shit on the floor after you ate the whole damn bag? Damn dude...It was still nice to meet you though :D
@Noobe/@Blackula Awesome weekend bro. I look forward to that $30 money match that we have coming next time we meet. I'll have my headphones on first this time ;) BTW, link me those deals you get on flights whenever you can lol. Blackula, It's always a pleasure to see you in person my man and as always we will stay in touch :)
:confused: That was yours? OMG IM SO SORRY!!!! Ill explain in a message.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
@Lt.Box Great seeing you as usual, sucks we didn't get to play our matches.
<3. Man, don't worry, we're gonna run back everything at Winter Brawl if you guys can make it.
Hopefully next time, that crazy cheesesteak eating, sword-swinging fuckmurder deluxy known as Shady will be able to make it :D.
I'm just glad I was able to come, that me and the wife had a fucking blast, and that I got the K-Frog blessing and got to see all you guys again.
Talking Mac with Zaf and watching you and Junior go off was fucking awesome.
And the next time you guys christen a Saturday, give a Box and his lady a heads up so we can come help you turn up the crazy.

(shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...)

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
<3. Man, don't worry, we're gonna run back everything at Winter Brawl if you guys can make it.
Hopefully next time, that crazy cheesesteak eating, sword-swinging fuckmurder deluxy known as Shady will be able to make it :D.
I'm just glad I was able to come, that me and the wife had a fucking blast, and that I got the K-Frog blessing and got to see all you guys again.
And the next time you guys christen a Saturday, give a Box and his lady a heads up so we can come help you turn up the crazy.

(shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...)

Lmaooo alright man, were coming to WB for sure. We'll make sure Shady can make it :)

Shady

Noob

(shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...)
Lmaooo alright man, were coming to WB for sure. We'll make sure Shady can make it :)

Shady will try.

Lulzlou

Noob
I have a lot of shout outs that I will do later but I do want to give two right now.
@Hitoshura
You helped me out a lot after I got eliminated. I didn't know I was going to NEC until the very last minute so not playing for a week really made me suffer for execution. The reason I got super emo was because I wanted to prove my kabal is still leveling up but failed. I did ask for the toughest pool expecting to not get knocked out that early. I'm really trying to get better and go to tournaments to expose what I was doing wrong. Even though my execution was kinda shitty I saw a lot of my bad habits and going to make sure I fill in my holes.

After you came to me while I was sitting in the hallway being emo, I sat there and thought about what you said for a good 5minutes. I hope I can do well at WB

Showtime
Thanks for the props you gave me after my match. It really kept the little confidence I had together.

zaf

professor
Lt. Box - Great to see you again too! Glad to be entertaining as a player and make you want to pick up ermac again.
DarKNaTaS - Nice meeting you too man! That moonshine was rough =[
Jer - Ditto bro, love ya. MTL is not to be messed with. We literally are only going up from here.
rev0lver - i give the best hugs for a reason.
k-frog In the car, shut the door and shut your mouth. Thanks for putting mtl up at your place in the past. I know its been a while but i feel i never truly expressed how much we appreciate it and you as well. We stick together not only as canadians but as ermac players too.
CD jr - happy birthday. Thanks for always treating jer and i like we are one of your own vsm boys. Really hope you can come to montreal in january for NEMESIS.
REO I have your number and will text you all the time now.
Death I love and hate you at the same time. YO Thanks for being with me for the first time I EVER drank Jack Daniels! lololol
SwiftTomHanks SWIFTY, i miss you dude lol. Coming to red bank just to see you bro! and simon and the umk3 guys.
pherleece Fucking Pherleece. lol.... Nice seeing you again chris, wish i had more time to chill with you. Thanks for having me on your stream station during my pool! Can't wait to watch and review those matches.
Maxter Grats on your placing at NEC. Always a pleasure to chill and drink with you man. Can't wait to see ya again!
J360 "In a Josh voice" - Thanks for everything man. Hope to also see you come down to montreal, guys.
TONY-T - really awesome to have met you and hang out with you for so long. I hope you enjoyed your stay here and had as much fun at an american major as we all do =]
Insuperable awesome to hang out again patrick. sorry i couldnt drive you home =[
Big D lol fuck you man. Dont take no stupid ass break. come out to fucking winter brawl and keep playing mk.

If i hung out with you, this shoutout goes out to you. So hard to make so many.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This leads me to a related point. The grand finals have traditionally been a best of 7 (with a reset if necessary). In this event, they were best of 5. That caught both myself and DavidGem off guard(listen to his commentary on the stream during the GF). When was this change made and where was it posted? I'm sure I can't be the only one who was unaware of this. If I'm wrong so be it, but as far as I'm concerned there is unfnished business in this matchup. If and when I make it out to another mk major, the rules need to be made crystal clear to everyone both verbally and in writing on the site.
It will be from now on. All MK tournament games have been on the general format of 2/3 for pools/bracket through semis and only winners, losers and grand finals have been 3/5 all year. If Grand Finals for MKII at Winter Brawl was 4/7, this was done without my knowledge. Summer Jam for example, was 3/5 GFs. We haven't done consistent 4/7 since 2010.