What's new

NEC shoutouts thread

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

First off, shoutouts to the love of my bizarre, cubed life, my fiance for deciding she was finally going to venture to the land of the MK nerds and come with me to the most fun show I've ever been to in my life, when it had originally looked like I wasn't even gonna make it.
24 hours prior to the show, I didn't even think I'd be able to come.
4 hours prior, in spite of my year's worth of shit-talking and hype making, I wasn't even sure if I was gonna risk my $$50 competing when I was in no condition to fight after the horrid last couple of weeks I've had. But she wouldn't let me back out.
The woman who hates this game almost as much as I love it, and she talked me back into going.
That right there was completely and utterly worth my horrible performance. I wasn't even upset.
Mentally drain myself for NEC? Or show my woman a good time with the MK universe and have a training partner for Winter Brawl?

She says she's gonna pick up Kenshi. Let's see if she delivers...

I could shoutout everyone from Chongo to Metroid, to Showtime, to StarCharger, to that metal dude with the badass mini Jade joystick, but I ran into WAY too many of my favorite people to remember everybody, so lemme do my best...

First and foremost: Shoutouts to Jephtile for saving our night and being the best friggin' dude ever.
I honestly wish I'd had a camera to record the unsober delusion that was had in our wake.
I wish this guy lived in my town. Fuck.
"Billy Witch Doctor Dot Com deal...mostly...in chicken."

Shoutouts to AREZ God of War for all the wise man Kombat talk we had. That was epic.
For all the negativity some people may see him with, this guy is one of the nicest, shirt-off-his-back-awesome fuckin' dudes I've ever met, and his status as a UMK3 vet turned him into a naaaaaaaasty MK9 robot.
Also, to his apprentice, the mustached bandit known only as "RIN?!". Another 95'er who, for having only played the game for 3 or 4 days prior, already has fundamentals out the behind and bombs for days and nights. This guy caught on fucking QUICK.
Winter Brawl's gonna be even more awesome. BRING DAT SEKTOR FIYAH.

Shoutouts to Hitoshura for being cooler than the other side of the pillow as he always is.
So glad we finally got to throw down again. It was loooooooong overdue.
You also I greatly hope to see in February, my friend. We'll have a full weekend to destroy faces rather than a single Saturday.

Shoutouts to BEENEEWEENEES for:
A.) Being Number FIVE on the list of Best Players I Was Convinced Were Big Black Guys That Turned Out To Be White Guys (the five before you being Soup, Tetra, Claude and Curbo).
B.) Having the loyalty to stick with Kano in spite of his flaws. Balls of friggin' steel. Wish I coulda met you for more than 5 seconds, but good on you, my friend. Hope you come back soon.

Shoutouts to all the HGTV guys for being fucking hillarious good company :D.

SHOUTOUTS TO k-frog AND CANADA. Man, it awesome finally getting to see you guys again and watching the heroes of the North creating hype left, right and sideways <3.

(-- A discussion about the different characters seen throughout the show: --)
K-Frog: *hyped as fuck* "There were so many Ermacs! I was so happy..."
Me: *raises hand* "Same, Ermac's my #4."
Frog: "YOOOOOOO! *does a mini-happy dance*"
A great, exciteable, wants-to-see-players-succeed, awesome fuckin' dude.
We need more games next time, FT3 is not enough at all.

More to come...

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Lots to say to so many people. I'll get the obvious out of the way then move to the shoutouts.

First off, congrats to REO on the amazing accomplishment of winning all the MK games in a single event. That is a true testament to your devotion to the franchise. I believe this is also the first time you have ever taken the MK2 title as well, am I right? It's a shame I had to be the final roadblock as I have been burning for that title for so long, but I only grow stronger in defeat. This leads me to a related point. The grand finals have traditionally been a best of 7 (with a reset if necessary). In this event, they were best of 5. That caught both myself and DavidGem off guard(listen to his commentary on the stream during the GF). When was this change made and where was it posted? I'm sure I can't be the only one who was unaware of this. If I'm wrong so be it, but as far as I'm concerned there is unfinished business in this matchup. If and when I make it out to another MK major, the rules need to be made crystal clear to everyone both verbally and in writing on the site.

DavidGEM needs recognition as well. Although I managed to pull off what many would consider a major upset (from 2 down no-less), I am not dumb enough to say I am better than him. Perhaps one day I will reach that level, but not yet. He brought me up to his level as he always does and made me play better than I have in a long time. My hat is off to him as a player and as a friend. One of the nicest and most humble guys you will ever meet both online and offline.

btbb99 Great to see you as always. I'm sorry you had to leave early, but at least you got one match in. Get your voice better for next time!

jamessmk Wow, nice to meet you in person for the first time. Old school players are a rare breed and it was nice hearing stories from you and playing against you in he tournament. I'll see you more online.

summoning round 4 goes to me :) What more can I say that hasn't already been said? The respect is there and it was evident to everyone who watched and commentated on stream. Always a pleasure to matchup the Shaolin Monks when we meet.

Shock, 9.95, and Dark_Rob of course need nothing more be said but deserve the most of all for making MK offline possible in these settings. Thank you so much for all your efforts. During the stream, you mentioned me as a possible legend in the game. While I am most honored to even be in consideration for that distinction, I feel a victory is necessary to cement that status.

Mikemetroid, pretty cool and fun guy to meet in person! Thanks for providing me with my first ever match victory in a UMK3 tournament (still worked very hard for it). I hope to see you in more future events.

AREZ God of War, sorry we didn't get a chance to play ANY games at all. I guess there was so much going on this weekend that we never had the opportunity. I'll see you around online.

I also owe both Tom Brady and STB Goldfish an apology of sorts. On Sunday night in the bar, you guys sat down right next to me (I know Tom did, not 100% sure about Goldfish) but I was either too engrossed in my food or just not in the mood to talk. Regardless, not a cool thing I did to just get up and leave. I meant to congratulate Tom on his MK9 performance and just plain introduce myself since I've never had any interaction with the guy at all in the past. Goldfish, your cosplay outfits really drew the attention of all the MKers out there, that's for sure :)

I'm glad I came out to attend this tournament and it was easily the best one I've ever been a part of in my tournament history. Looking forward to developing these relationships in the hopefully not too distant future.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
DanCock amazaing games now I'm sure that quan sindel is 5-5
TheTetraSpirit ggs you're so patient and it irks me
ChrispyCream7 ggs. The last time I played you was May so it was interesting
STB Chongo what happened I said hi and they you kinda just disappeared
jamessmk you are hilarious
Mikemetroid ggs you've improved a ton
@starcharger and @shanxter that was a really fun tag team match
@khaotikx ggs good job showing me that kitana quan might be 4-6
Insuperable for quaning it uo (yes I just said that)
Lt. Box cool to finally meet you, but we still didn't play :(
crosstalk ggs you got a solid cage. Thanks for showing me that I need to play more than one person who uses a character to get enough matchup experience
there's ton more, but I'm just lazy

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I was all over the place the entire weekend xD
So was I, man. Me and the lady couldn't sit still, so we wandered from village to dell to Capcom to Smash.

Also: shoutouts to Tom Brady, AC1984 and TONY-T for putting on my personal Matches Of The Year.
EGP_TYRANT VS zaf was INCREDIBLE, but the sets I saw between these three made me feel like the antsy, overexcited little fuck I was when all this started. Seeing my two mains going to war at the hands of two of the people who arguably made them what they are - who come from VASTLY different but equally respected backgrounds in this game's life - and the evolution of the man AC and his Kabal, literally the first person and character I ever played against offline, digging the hooks in and going 1984 on them, on the anniversary of my dive into competition, it was like...everything coming full circle in the space of Clones, 2~NDC's and B2 resets.

So. Fucking. Hype.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
Shout outs
Big D ur 1 cool dude and glad to finally meet yea.
zaf glad to had met u man and u had some balls drinking all that moonshine
Death glad to see ya again even tho i didnt recognize you since u lost 90lbs
Showtime glad to finally met u we shared a lot of smokes
AREZ God of War ur 1 really cool dude and glad to met another old school player.
Mikemetroid we did a lot of talking lol
k-frog glad to finally meet ya in person and ur pop off was god like.
Lulzlou great teaming up with ya for teams look forward to playing with ya again

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
TONY-T you are god like my friend and it was great to meet the combo master in person.
Blackula glad to see yea again and talk with ya and hooking me up with the wifi password for the hotel lol.
also shout to all the guys who i didnt know who came up to me and told me how much they loved the on blast show

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Shoutouts to so many:

Showtime for being one of the class acts of the MK community, great sets and it's a shame we didn't get to win teams, damn timing
Insuperable We finally got to play offline! There is nothing better for a day than a great big bowl of SOUP! Love this guy
Jer for showing up like a wizard at like 5am for casuals haha
J360 for playing CSZ, no more needs to be said
GGA HAN for being the first to realize you can sit down outside the door :]
w1nter warz for putting kabal on blast
Tom Brady you still owe me for McDonalds, saying "Don't worry man, i'm esports, I got you" doesnt mean anything!
CRUM and his mistress, we needed more chairs, and you shoulda taken more pizza
EGP_TYRANT good casuals, awesome chats, good food, classy guy if there ever was one, PASTABILITIES MAN!
@Trepound ggs and good times, idk how you fall asleep sitting up
Hitoshura AWESOME MEETING YOU, cool dude, im trolling you on this website!
To all my fellow PTH members astronout Lulzlou rev0lver and Srryimwhte OH YEAH
@khaotik awesome tag match and casuals
STB Goldfish your welcome for the sweater :p
@Dark Rob and @JamesMK for the tag match and sorry im white jokes hohoho
Maxter for being my hero of mk and the coolest dude
CD jr for being the second best jax in VSM, that Insuperable
@kakurot for the casuals in the room
ShanxterX what a cool dude, fun casuals
@Starcharger KH is forever cool in our book, shame we didn't play
@So many more this was an awesome time you guys, if you were in blackulas room and I forgot to give you a shoutout let me know so I can correct it.

Awesome tournament awesome community. Mortal Kombat

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
HGTV DrFlash44
I'm kinda like that lol. I'm not one to start conversation, you gotta talk to me. I've always been like that, but I'm working on it.

Death
Man, I should have said hi to everyone there. I was nervous as hell, and didn't want to "bother" anyone. If you come back to Philly for another event, I promise we'll talk.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Alrighty Imma do shoutouts now.

This is by far one of the best tournaments I've ever been to, from ALL the pool matches, to the hype myself and Manny were bringing all throughout this tournament, it couldn't have been a better experience.

There's SOO many people to shoutout idk how imma remember everyone.

First off

zaf For being my best friend and travelling to literally every tournament with me in the past year (Besides the last NEC). This tournament we came to play and he literally showed that so fucking well. MTL is a real city in every fighting game, and were only getting better.

k-frog Do you really need a shoutout? You're one of the coolest guys in the entire community and FINALLY chilling with you at an American tournament made it even better, your pop off was godlike, and I'm sure my shit talk along side GGA's probably pushed you to even more. :)

CD jr Seriously man, I know every tournament is going to be hype when both you and I are around, we bring the hype from NYC and MTL and combine it in the MK scene. Not enough people get hype like us (Besides 16 Bit) and it just adds to the community. Always good seeing you, sucks you didn't get first but you can't win em all.

REO I hate you <3 Seriously grats on winning every game, you're so good and a really cool guy.

Death Saturday, that's all that needs to be said.

SwiftTomHanks Probably my favorite member of the scene, one of the most cool down to earth guys ever and I always look forward to seeing him when I go in the Philly/New York area. Love you man.

STORMS Pleasure seeing you again and doing commentary with you, Pole Princess comment was godlike.

pherleece I'm not even gunna talk shit on here ;) Awesome chilling with you man.

OZZYGUITAR Your scorpion scares me a LOT. Good games man.

Maxter Nothing even needs to be said about your, you're a great guy and I ALWAYS look forward to seeing you at a tournament. I'm really happy that I finally got to play you in a tournament setting, and you really showed me I don't know how to play against the best Cyrax in the business.

7L Mannn, don't be salty <3 Our sets were good man, I wanna play you some more when I'm in the area.

KH StarCharger Dude, that Kitana man. I think this was my best set of the tournament, maybe one of the best to date besides my match with J360 at Winter Brawl. I felt it could've gone either way, and you got the best of it. I'm going to re-watch our match to see what I could've done better, but damn are you good. I want to play you so much more you don't even know.

@Lt.Box Great seeing you as usual, sucks we didn't get to play our matches.

rev0lver I love you, always boo <3

J360 I don't know what to say, you're probably one of my best american friends, hands down. You're always there for everyone, and are so nice it's ricidulous. We didn't play any casuals this time but whatever, I'll come to NYC soon :)

TONY-T DAT CYRAX, I'm so glad I got to play a First to 3 with you man. I'm so happy you came out to this tournament, too bad you didn't live in North America so you could have more tournament Experience.

@NMegabyte Dat Kabal and Dem Pyjamas :)

KT Smith Your so metal :) Too bad you don't play this game that much anymore, always good seeing you dude.

@Streamworthy Keep enjoying that moonshine while you try to sleep bud.

Mr Aquaman I'm glad I went to the room and got to play you, was good shit man :)

I literally can't think of anyone else right now, but when I do imma edit right away