What's new

NEC MKDC, MKA, MKD, MKDA vids

I finally managed to fix the audio in the second video for tom vs me in mkda. I added the link to my previous post. Here it is again:

Tom Brady (Player 1) vs. Check (Player 2) MKDA

Enjoy! And very good games, Tom.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think im Cyrax in the first video. If not, then its Jago. Other than that i didnt play. Once i saw profiles like mno and other random letters i was just like fuck it. LOL. These are actually the last of the MKA matches played in the hotel room. Not just that, they are also the best of the whole weekend for MKA. You guys were in shape by this and had just got done watching me and Tom in MKDA LOL. Im getting Armageddon Deception and Shaolin Monks next month, so i look forward to getting in shape a bit myself for next time.

Shaolin Monks!!!! Cant wait to play this. Never played it before. If it turns out to be good, then maybe we can start getting in casuals for this game too. I know Tom destroyed this game quick. Perhaps he can shed some light on it.

@Dan - Next time you better do what you said you were gonna do, lol. Vodka :)
Yeah, I've read Tom's SM guides...the game sounds really fun, and Reptile isn't too bad. :)

Damn, Winter Brawl...can't wait!!!!

JRF

n00b
I remember his Bo being much better than that. I learned alot from playing with him

I finally managed to fix the audio in the second video for tom vs me in mkda. I added the link to my previous post. Here it is again:

Tom Brady (Player 1) vs. Check (Player 2) MKDA

Enjoy! And very good games, Tom.

I remember his Bo being much better than that. I learned alot from playing with him
that was almost 10 years ago my friend, not what i once was in mkda but check also played well. it was great to get games of mkda in and im greatful to check for all this time hes spending uploading all of these vids when hes very busy with school.

JRF

n00b
Gotcha....I look forward to playing with you again. I could have sworn I saw you in Austin during SXSW one year at Screenburner in a tourny

that was almost 10 years ago my friend, not what i once was in mkda but check also played well. it was great to get games of mkda in and im greatful to check for all this time hes spending uploading all of these vids when hes very busy with school.

I thought his bo was fierce, JRF. He has a style with all characters where he uses each of them ONE WAY. Like youll never see him go out of Pi Gua with Scorpion etc. While i dont agree with that choice of playing, he certainly showed he could match my constant cs mixups with his one definitive style. If anything id like to see him use weapon more with Bo to add pressure after pukes to chip away a bit, and possibly even free puke setups from Mi Zong as well. Very annoying hitboxes in Mi Zong :(

Editing The MKvsDC tournament now. Not giving a damn about whos playing anymore. Just want to get it up already.

first post updated w/mkdc matches. thanks to check for putting these vids together.

in the vid the actual tourney matches dont start until 8:17. i'm trying to watch the vid now and post who is playing at what time mark.

8:17 - Check(Liu Kang, Captain Marvel) vs RIU48(Shao Kahn/Sub-Zero)
12:05 - Tom Brady(Green Lantern) vs Storms(Raiden)
21:40 - Dan Cock(Kitana, Wonder Woman) vs ?(Flash)
25:29 - Check(Kitana, Scorpion) vs Juggs(Sub-Zero) we no you don't play juggs but thanks for entering =)
28:45 - Storms(Raiden) vs Juggs (Sub-Zero)
34:00 - Jago(Flash) vs Tom Brady(Green Lantern)
39:16 - ? (Sub-Zero, Scorpion) vs Check(Green Lantern)
42:48 - REO(Flash) vs ? (Sub-Zero, Raiden)
47:14 - Dan Cock(Wonder Woman) vs Tom Brady(Green Lantern)

in the vid the actual tourney matches dont start until 8:17. i'm trying to watch the vid now and post who is playing at what time mark.

8:17 - Check(Liu Kang, Captain Marvel) vs RIU48(Shao Kahn/Sub-Zero)

25:29 - Check(Kitana, Scorpion) vs Juggs(Sub-Zero) we no you don't play juggs but thanks for entering =)
these are the only matches i was in.

when part 2 is uploaded, i am in vs thtb, storms and reo.

and my matches vs you got deleted off my computer by someone while i was there... real classy to whoever did that.. going on someones personal computer like that. real classy.

part 2 will be up whenever... not like anyone cares.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Oh, ill be watching these! lol

I may not be on MKvsDC as much because I have to practice Super. So these videos may be all I have now.

REO

Undead
thanks for taking the time to upload these vids check.

i just want to say i really doubt someone went on your pc to delete your matches vs tom... i mean really, who would actually do that? and to top it off they were just casual games(which mean nothing anyway) so deleteing them would acheive nothing. but if someone really did then i apologize because that really is pathetic.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Yes Check, Thank you... seriously. Your editing skills and over videos are great. Don;t think for a second that they are not appreciated. ;)

check, on youtube you made a comment about beating me and ppl pretend it didnt happen. heres the post on youtube...

CHECK wrote:
"I tried to care where it mattered. I'm glad i beat Tom, even though everyones pretending like it never happened. That was probably the only goal i set out for going there. Like i said, Tom is a cool guy, but i had a point to prove to him for a long time. Now that ive proved it, i can finally retire from this piece of shit."

thats not what it is, its that it was casuals so no one really cares. it was casuals and anyone that saw it would see that i looked like someone who picked up the game for the first time. missed every breaker combo, missed every standard combo, jumped instead of ss because i didnt hold L2.

i dont want you to think that i am denying losing to you on saturday or that anyone is denying it. i admit i lost, i played like shit and you out played me so you won. i dont understand why these casual games are so important? whats the big deal? you want ppl seeing me have a round/game won if i can hit the combo but i miss it and i lose? you want ppl to see me jumping around instead of ss because i was used to tekken 6 and didnt hold L2 and getting hit and i lose? you think that will make someone say "wow, check proved his point". no, what they will say is "ok, so what? he was only playing tekken for almost a year, what do you expect. he said he practiced after the tekken tourney and he won when it counted".

i mean, saying you proved something in casuals before i even got the chance to know a little rust off cant sound right. reo and I got top 2 because we were the 2 players who played the best in the tournament. the tournament is where you had to prove your point.

this is not a knock on you because no one can deny your skills, just saying as far as proving points go the tourney is what counts. if you want i'll do a ft10 with you at infusions now that i'm back at full strength and we can record it.

i also want to say that i posted this here because id rather have this discussion here then in youtube posts.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
check, on youtube you made a comment about beating me and ppl pretend it didnt happen. thats not what it is, its that it was casuals so no one really cares. it was casuals and anyone that saw it would see that i looked like someone who picked up the game for the first time. missed every breaker combo, missed every standard combo, jumped instead of ss because i didnt hold L2.

i dont want you to think that i am denying losing to you on saturday or that anyone is denying it. i admit i lost, i played like shit and you out played me so you won. i dont understand why these casual games are so important? whats the big deal? you want ppl seeing me have a round/game won if i can hit the combo but i miss it and i lose? you think that will make someone say "wow, check proved his point". no, what they will say is "ok, so what? he was only playing tekken for almost a year, what do you expect. he said he practiced after the tekken tourney and he won when it counted".
Knowing Check, I do not believe this had any offense towards you, I simply think Check may not always get the credit he deserves on some occasions. Either way, just like I've said before... I think both of you make a great team as far as "finding" the game.

Knowing Check, I do not believe this had any offense towards you, I simply think Check may not always get the credit he deserves on some occasions. Either way, just like I've said before... I think both of you make a great team as far as "finding" the game.
well i was just saying that he sounded like he felt cheated for not getting credit in beating me in those casuals.

i'll be glad to acknowledge that i lost those casual games . i'll say you proved you were better at that point but its not like i was any where near my best at that time, i at least needed some time in practice to get back into it. i really am sorry if its not the credit wanted but really its all i can give right now. i mean, imo it really wasnt a fir fight at that moment. this is where the tournament comes in, it was the next day so because tekken was over i was able to get back into mkdc's gameplay system and be ready for the tourney.

i'm 100% done w/T6 for a while and am 100% MK now so i'll be glad to play check more at infusions.

you know... i was at MLG Raleigh in NC for tekken 6. ling massacre had lost 3-0 to JFJ at MLG Orlando in tourney play. at MLG Raleigh in casuals he beat JFJ 15-3. well guess what? in the tourney JFJ wins and ling massacre doesent make the top 10. to this day you have never heard ling massacre say 1 word about it. in fact, aside from myself who only knows because i saw it, no one but ling massacre and JFJ even knows it even happened. ling massacre never said he wanted any credit.

another good story that goes w/MLG Raleigh. fighting gm bet JFJ 10-0 at evo in casuals and in the tournament JFJ gets 5th and fighting gm doesnt make it out of pool play. less then 1 month later they meet in winners finals of MLG Raliegh and JFJ wins. then in grand finals JFJ wins again. fighting gm has never asked for 1 bit of credit for winning 10-0 at evo.

now these are stories of players who were in top form at that moment. not only were our games casuals but it was my 1st games in a long time. tourney day i had shaken some rust off and was ready to go as was REO. you know, in casuals i lost to REO 6-3 and RIU48 2-0 and they didnt say anything about points proven based off of those games.

1 last tid bit about me and the tom brady name that i didnt mention in my interview. another one of the reasons i got the name is because in the old days i was infamous for losing in casuals and winning the tournament which in the end superseded any and all casual games. some how.. some way... i'd find a way to get it done when it mattered the most. to be honest, even when i'm in top form i'd be lying if i said i gave it my all in casuals. i truthfully dont give a fuck about who beat me in casuals. if its not a money match or tournament who gives a fuck? after 17 years of playing in tournaments casual play means shit to you because you know you could beat someone 100-0 and then they beat you 2 games in tourney or go on to win the tourney and it mean nothing and if i even try to bring it up ppl look at me like "WTF is wrong with you?". so to me, giving credit when i was not in tourney shape at the moment in casual games, is just not something i see as a great accomplishment. this has nothing to do with checks skills as a player because if the roles were reversed i wouldnt even give myself any credit.

im sure there have been some ppl over the years i guess that have felt that certain games were not credited vs me or acted as if they never happened but its only because i won the tournament. should i have lost then i'm sure it would have been talked about just a little more but not much more depending on the tourney outcome(where did we place, did we face in tourney and who won, did I/you win the tourney, etc).

just saying, in America we are a postseason country. in sports we dont give a fuck what you do in the regular season, its what you do in the playoffs that matters. same deal for tournaments.

Part 2 is uploading. Does not include winners finals that was posted separately.

That is the end for MKDC.. Nothing really left to post... but theres some MKD left. I feel as though MKD and whatever else is left can wait while i focus my energy elsewhere for the time being.

Possible casuals with Tom, Reo, Infusion etc next week for MKDC.

@ Tom - Oh well. I feel gratified enough by it. Doesn't mean anything to you, but it does to me, and i can walk away not doubting myself anymore. Same for MKDA when you left TKO cuz Dan said i was better then you. Like i said, it might not mean much to you, but it does to me, because i was on the receiving end of that hate by you. So yes, i meant A LOT to me. You don't wanna count it? Fine. I still do. Matches didn't play out any different then when you fought STORMS (again, i watch tape for a living). But whatever makes you happy.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
@ Tom - Oh well. I feel gratified enough by it. Doesn't mean anything to you, but it does to me, and i can walk away not doubting myself anymore. Same for MKDA when you left TKO cuz Dan said i was better then you. Like i said, it might not mean much to you, but it does to me, because i was on the receiving end of that hate by you. So yes, i meant A LOT to me. You don't wanna count it? Fine. I still do. Matches didn't play out any different then when you fought STORMS (again, i watch tape for a living). But whatever makes you happy.
That's kinda lame Check. It's like those XBL warriors who are out to prove something, while you are playing casuals, they are out to prove they are better than you. Even if they're offline, casuals are casuals. You don't determine who's better with offline casuals, the same as you don't with online matches. It's all about the tournament. In the tournament, both players are trying their hardest to win. This isn't necessarily the case for casuals. I know in my UMK3 casuals matches, I was losing a lot because I was trying out different things and just basically getting comfortable with offline and MAME. The tournament is where it matters, and for the MK tournament scene to grow, people need to realize this.

check, i havent played mkda in almost 10 years. i am not even half the player i was so i dont know what you proved there. i have not touched the game in almost 10 years. did you think i was defending my "title" as best mkda player or something? pretty sure i was in no shape to do that. even in the vids i missed 70% of all combos and i sure as hell cant interrupt anymore. playing me now does not even come close to playing me then nor does it prove you were better then i was in mkda. seriously man, almost 10 years later and you proved something? but hey, if you want to be known as the best mkda player then you can have it. if this has insulted you in any way i am very sorry, if i have to choose between being friends w/you and who was the best at mkda then i'd rather be your friend. i'd rather tell ppl that you owned me at mkda and say that i was at my best when you did over not having a friendship with you. having you as a friend means a lot more then mkda to me.

in mkdc i was super rusted, even in the tourney. counting casuals matches when your opponent isnt even at their best? that meant a lot to you? the tournament showed who the 2 best players there were. how did REO and I get top 2 but you proved something and we didnt? tourney > casuals always. i am at 100% now so if you really want to see how things are then we'll play at infusions.

you're starting to sound like an "i'll take it however i can get it" guy. if you are really satisfied that in mkda and mkdc thats the best i can give when we played then thats fine, if it means that much to you personally then take it.

anyway, i seriously dont give a fuck about casual play in any game, especially when i havent played the game in a while and i'm just trying to get the feel back.

if i had known that the casual games were gonna mean that much to you then i would have practiced mkda and mkdc for a few weeks before the event. anyway, we'll play at infusions. kinda weird, i have shown you a lot of respect here but you are almost trying to take away from me. you seem insulted that ppl arent giving you credit as being better then in mkda after almost 10 years of me not playing. and you also seem insulted that ppl arent giving you credit as being better then me in mkdc. in mkdc its almost like you have a "FUUUUUUCCCCKKKK i cant believe of all ppl tom won the tournement. if only he didnt win ppl would see that i proved my point" outlook. i hope i have it all wrong man but even if i dont nothing will change in the respect i will continue to have for you and show you. i will always give you respect check for your skills in game and as community leader for everything you have given the world of MK.

in closing check think of it like this. say i beat you in mkdc casuals and you won the tournament. what would you think if i said i proved something even though you won the tournament? I have never anywhere in this thread or anywhere in over a year said anything about me being better then you in any MK. if you are insulted that after you feel you proved something that ppl pretend the casual games didnt happen and consider me a better player then just know that i never said that anywhere in here. the ONLY reason ppl give me anything is because i won the tourney, should you have won it would be no different and you would get all the credit you feel you deserve and ppl would say "check proved something". the saying "to the victor goes the spoils" rings true every time in anything competitive.