What's new

NEC 16 MKX Top 8 is Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yea I get it

But out of the characters u named in your post following this Tanya IS the play2win character and that's fine

In that situation we ain't seeing scorpion
To be fair though MIT picked up Tanya as a main as soon as she came out and has stuck with her (like you did with Zod). Should be no shame in maining the character.

It'd be like blowing you up for using Kenshi in MK9 when you moved from Mileena

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I'm rooting for Reo to take this, but if sonic fox uses tanya the whole time I just can't see him losing. First of all of its sonicfox, second of all its kobu jutsu, don't see a loss on the horizon for that lethal and very annoying combination

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I honestly thought Sonic was only playing Tanya in an attempt to get her nerfed.
What he says and what he does are two completely different things lol. I don't think he was ever serious about that, just said it at the time to increase the sodium intake. She was gonna get nerfed regardless. Honestly she's a super solid character who has to be whiff punished to really establish momentum aside from staggers, so I can see why he'd stick with her IMO.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Yea, WB was probably thinking the same.
Let ya boi Mitsuowns "I kinda frauded my way in an online tournament once" tell people who have been organizing tournaments for 20 years how to do their job. News flash, WB doesnt care about 100 ppl going to tournaments, so much that they created their own tournament to promote the game despite the shit netcode. This is for the community by the community. The whole scene could be gone tomorrow and WB wouldn't bat an eye. NRS developers do care, for sure, but we're not a profitable business. If WB throws us a bone, we take what we can get. So please get off your high horse because you really have no idea how this community has worked for all these years.

Last edited:
Let ya boi Mitsuowns "I kinda frauded my way in an online tournament once" tell people who have been organizing tournaments for 20 years how to do their job. News flash, WB doesnt care about 100 ppl going to tournaments, so much that they created their own tournament to promote the game despite the shit netcode. This is for the community by the community. The whole scene could be gone tomorrow and WB wouldn't bat an eye. NRS developers do care, for sure, but we're not a profitable business. If WB throws us a bone, we take what we can get. So please get off your high horse because you really have no idea how this community has worked for all these years.
You made my day yesterday with the telegram interview, you got a girly voice jajajaja I some how knew you where that kind of guy.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Let ya boi Mitsuowns "I kinda frauded my way in an online tournament once" tell people who have been organizing tournaments for 20 years how to do their job.
I mean, the brackets yesterday were done really badly. They were fixed in the end, but having DJT and Foxy play when they were not supposed to doesn't look like the mark of a seasoned tournament organizer.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I mean, the brackets yesterday were done really badly. They were fixed in the end, but having DJT and Foxy play when they were not supposed to doesn't look like the mark of a seasoned tournament organizer.
TOs aren't robots man. Things go wrong all the time in a tournament and bracket errors are not the first. At least it was fixed before anything substantial happened. Rather have that then the controversy of "What if it wasn't caught?"

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Thats what happens when people don't prereg. There were MORE bracket issues and Gandy was kind enough to put out a lot of fires, but both sides need to do their part. Either way, it was more about the complaints about the people commentating and the chat. Its a community event for the community event.

But yeah if you don't want issues like this, then you can take a queue from Vandy, but how do you balanve between doing that and alienating new people who don't even know what preregistration is.

Yea I get it

But out of the characters u named in your post following this Tanya IS the play2win character and that's fine

In that situation we ain't seeing scorpion
Super wrong lol, cuz I used him at summer jam to get to 4th place. I choose when I feel like I need to use scorpion and I am not afraid to bust him out one bit. U can call them "play2win characters" all u want but u dnt know why I play the characters I play. If I just wanted play2win then I would use quan chi, lao, Cassie, etc. And go from there. I will always find someone I like and go from there.

Super wrong lol, cuz I used him at summer jam to get to 4th place. I choose when I feel like I need to use scorpion and I am not afraid to bust him out one bit. U can call them "play2win characters" all u want but u dnt know why I play the characters I play. If I just wanted play2win then I would use quan chi, lao, Cassie, etc. And go from there. I will always find someone I like and go from there.
You shouldn't feel the need to explain yourself.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Thats what happens when people don't prereg. There were MORE bracket issues and Gandy was kind enough to put out a lot of fires, but both sides need to do their part. Either way, it was more about the complaints about the people commentating and the chat. Its a community event for the community event.

But yeah if you don't want issues like this, then you can take a queue from Vandy, but how do you balanve between doing that and alienating new people who don't even know what preregistration is.
I could understand pre-registered opening brackets having an issue, but late into the tournament in the top 32, how does an enormous error like that happen? Granted, it's a chaotic atmosphere, but I don't see how pre-registered entrants has anything to do with how poorly the top 32 bracket was.

Also even if Jupiter is in college, doesn't mean he can't find time to grind and do well at events. I have done it and Denzell has done that too. Jupiter is a capable player so no surprise he has been able to perform well at events .

Winner's:
Slayer beats Michaelangelo
Sonic eats burgerking

Loser's:
Jupiter beats Mit
REO beats underage dragon

Sonic beats Slayer
Michaelangelo beats Jupiter
Reo eats Burgerking
Reo beats Michaelangelo
Reo beats Slayer
Sonic beats REO
(not sure if matchups are correct)
Personally rooting for REO

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
The witch hunt for Tanya is strong in this thread.

Better fix Kobu's gaps and buff Rekka's and tonfa throw and nerf pyro some more and remove Dragon Naginata from the game.

It's the only way to stop all the hate. :DOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.