What's new

Discussion My Tier List (Blow Up Preparedness Training)

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
A "Takeda main" was telling me that his two variations of F1 and their accompanying Teleport Cancel was more - now, thus he got hurt badly in the nerf. I tried to explain to him that he could make everything -2 to +6 with little to no punishment and just hit confirm into teleport. He went on to say, "No way! -2 on everything would be so broke!" ..... Have you looked at your Kunai frames? Do you know you still have HTBs? Takeda can still be hard to fight, even with people who are the closest representation of "brain dead" I've ever talked to controlling him.

I have him in my Top 5, most definitely.

Ermac - Mystic demands respect from 3/4 screen due to Push. Not only that but he has a lot of strings/specials to build meter for little to no consequence while remaining safe or neutral on block.

Kitana - A better overhead, full screen safe armored move, 2 bar armored launcher, and pressure. RIP.

Sub-Zero - Free clones and command grabs off too many strings/normals. B3 Command Grab... Why?

Takeda - Virtually safe on everything without armored launchers, has HTBs, easy hit confirms, damage, and a better 2 bar launching armor.

Liu Kang - Flame Fist has ridiculous damage/chip, good space control, pretty significant plus frames, easy hit confirms, etc. The gameplay changes and removal of armored launchers have also really helped his case. ~30% meter less in corner or break 50% for a bar. He's really good.

Edit: I'll actually have to reconsider Takeda soon. I read patch notes wrong. Predator might be a good candidate in his place.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think HQT is being overlooked. He probably has the best(top 2 at worst) cancel pressure in the game now, best or second best zoning(I think he is the best because imo the stamina changes help his zoning more than Summoner's), the characters like Cage and D'Vorah who shit on his chest got severely toned down.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I think HQT is being overlooked. He probably has the best(top 2 at worst) cancel pressure in the game now, best or second best zoning(I think he is the best because imo the stamina changes help his zoning more than Summoner's), the characters like Cage and D'Vorah who shit on his chest got severely toned down.
Great job by NRS to shit on the run cancel chars but leave basic cancels in tact.

Possessed doing string into teleport for no stamina, into another string? Isn't this worse than a-list? Kitanas block string?

Take out of one basket and throw it straight into someone elses is not proper game balance.

I feel like sekktor deserves mention. The changes to the game i feel fit him so much better. The only weakness he really had is now shared with the rest of the cast (no launching armor). And like preds, the changes benefit his offense. 1112 and 114 do have gaps to armor through, but we wont be full combo punished anymore nearly as often which makes taking the risk alot more worth it for staying plus. We also have two useable mids with f2 and f4. Straight missle got buffed..... i just feel like hes soooooo well rounded. I think hes strong as all heck now.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I feel like sekktor deserves mention. The changes to the game i feel fit him so much better. The only weakness he really had is now shared with the rest of the cast (no launching armor). And like preds, the changes benefit his offense. 1112 and 114 do have gaps to armor through, but we wont be full combo punished anymore nearly as often which makes taking the risk alot more worth it for staying plus. We also have two useable mids with f2 and f4. Straight missle got buffed..... i just feel like hes soooooo well rounded. I think hes strong as all heck now.
My problems with sektor are:

1. Shit pokes
2. severe low profiling issues
3. Bad mids- F4 is unsafe, F2 isnt that fast or far reaching
4. His stagger game got hurt with the f13 nerf
5. B1 nerf hurts his 50/50 game

Still a pretty good character, he just isn't as suffocating as HQT.

My problems with sektor are:

1. Shit pokes
2. severe low profiling issues
3. Bad mids- F4 is unsafe, F2 isnt that fast or far reaching
4. His stagger game got hurt with the f13 nerf
5. B1 nerf hurts his 50/50 game

Still a pretty good character, he just isn't as suffocating as HQT.
I was just thinking he can be low profiled pretty easily (milleena naked roll goes under his d1 but i wouldnt say its useless at 7 frames). I dont understand where your getting f2 is slow its at 10 frames and so is f4 but yes both can be low profiled easily. And with all the weaknesses you listed preds has just as many.

1. Can be low profiled just as easily (at least sektor has mids even if their not great)
2. I wouldnt say his pokes are super good either. His only usable one is d3 to escape pressure. Not saying his d4 is bad, its obviously godlike, im just talking in terms of getting your turn back.
3. Due to lack of faster advancing normals its hard for him to punish a number of things with any kind of push back in this game. (Sub zeros b2 or kung jins ex spin for example)
4. His armor is still super duper easy to blow up.
5. He doesnt really have much of an answer for people crossing him up during pressure (his uppercut got buffed though, so maybe that will help) and insta air njp is obviously based on reads.

Not saying he isnt top 5 now cuz i believe he def. Is now, but when i compare him to sektor current meta i dont see sektor having any more problems than preds but also seeing just as many strengths from both characters. Its part of the reason why i feel he deserves mention.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I was just thinking he can be low profiled pretty easily (milleena naked roll goes under his d1 but i wouldnt say its useless at 7 frames). I dont understand where your getting f2 is slow its at 10 frames and so is f4 but yes both can be low profiled easily. And with all the weaknesses you listed preds has just as many.

1. Can be low profiled just as easily (at least sektor has mids even if their not great)
2. I wouldnt say his pokes are super good either. His only usable one is d3 to escape pressure. Not saying his d4 is bad, its obviously godlike, im just talking in terms of getting your turn back.
3. Due to lack of faster advancing normals its hard for him to punish a number of things with any kind of push back in this game. (Sub zeros b2 or kung jins ex spin for example)
4. His armor is still super duper easy to blow up.
5. He doesnt really have much of an answer for people crossing him up during pressure (his uppercut got buffed though, so maybe that will help) and insta air njp is obviously based on reads.

Not saying he isnt top 5 now cuz i believe he def. Is now, but when i compare him to sektor current meta i dont see sektor having any more problems than preds but also seeing just as many strengths from both characters. Its part of the reason why i feel he deserves mention.
Sektor is definitely good I agree

But Predator's rushdown is some of the best in the game, now there's no armor launchers to blow up his gaps, his zoning is really good and can actually lock down characters with bad mobility or no advancing armor, hits pretty hard(so does sektor though). Sektor is kind of Predator like but with much less effective rushdown and zoning for better armor. 21 is a pretty good mid string for Predator, his high strings are still good becaus of the range like on B2.

Sektor is definitely good I agree

But Predator's rushdown is some of the best in the game, now there's no armor launchers to blow up his gaps, his zoning is really good and can actually lock down characters with bad mobility or no advancing armor, hits pretty hard(so does sektor though). Sektor is kind of Predator like but with much less effective rushdown and zoning for better armor. 21 is a pretty good mid string for Predator, his high strings are still good becaus of the range like on B2.
Sektor has better anti airs too and much better anti zoning options and mobility. But i def. See where your coming from. We will just have to wait and see.