What's new

Discussion My Tier List (Blow Up Preparedness Training)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I'm curious what makes you think this? I'm still convinced Summoner is Quan's best variation, with Sorcerer being either on par or very slightly behind.
My personal opinion is warlock is best as it has it has armour option and less bad mus than the rest. Just a lot of 5-5s. Sorcerer and summoner have glaring weaknesses that hinder him whereas warlock is fairly complete. That's just my experience though. Since I play all variations I find myself choosing warlock more often in competitive play.

@D7X i feel Quan could be the most balanced character in the game across all three variations and they nailed the variation system in his design

Reactions: D7X

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
her B212 goes through clone, could be wongr but i do that every time they clone off F4
Raw Klone off of F4 isn't something I think is that good right? Or at least in certain matchups it isn't. I'm pretty sure you want to be doing klone off of strings that hit or on block if the character can't punish it free but idk i don't play Subby so I'm not too too knowledgeable on him

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
her B212 goes through clone, could be wongr but i do that every time they clone off F4, and with spec opps, you can end your strings in drone strike, kinda ruines his clone

Fools gold. You can counter-zone Sub-zero with Spec Ops full screen but he can do slide on reaction close enough and then you're in the blender thanks to her lack of good wakeups. B212 is good thanks to its disjointed hitbox but most subs won't leave you in the ideal position to where its effective. They'd pretty much just have to D4 clone in your face for you to be able to punish.

Grandmaster hits Cassie hard with Hollywood doing the best and Brawler doing the worst.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
her B212 goes through clone
but
Raw Klone off of F4 isn't something I think is that good right? Or at least in certain matchups it isn't. I'm pretty sure you want to be doing klone off of strings that hit or on block if the character can't punish it free but idk i don't play Subby so I'm not too too knowledgeable on him
from what ive seen, everyone uses F4 to get clone out, and with EX clone its like the only thing thats fast enough for him to break armor moves with.

MadeOfMetal

ok guys ill adjust it, i just never had problems with it, know i know ill change it, cuz you guys probly played more subs than me.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
ok guys ill adjust it, i just never had problems with it, know i know ill change it, cuz you guys probly played more subs than me.

I don't have big problems with Shinnok but I still know it's a bad matchup for Cassie. Grandmaster/Shinnok just counter a lot of her tools.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
her B212 goes through clone, could be wongr but i do that every time they clone off F4, and with spec opps, you can end your strings in drone strike, kinda ruines his clone
Drone strike is too slow and SZ is too mobile for it to be a problem, brawler has NO meterless options for the clone, that shit is 7-3 free. B212 may hit him through it if he is an idiot and stands right behind it, Hollywood's ia guns can contest it but they aren't enough.

MadeOfMetal

Drone strike is too slow and SZ is too mobile for it to be a problem, brawler has NO meterless options for the clone, that shit is 7-3 free. B212 may hit him through it if he is an idiot and stands right behind it, Hollywood's ia guns can contest it but they aren't enough.
Cassie only destroys GM if you do perfect iaG.
Otherwise 7-3 all day and 10-0 in the corner.
Even if you do them perfect, she still doesn't destroy him
I changed it allready

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
So....how would this tier list look now that the patch has been felt up er, out a bit?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So....how would this tier list look now that the patch has been felt up er, out a bit?
I'll have to get back to you on that one! The patch is still a bit young but my top 5 is (at the moment in no particular order )

Kitana (Royal Storm)
Sub Zero (Cryo)
Sub Zero (GM)
Predator (HQT)
Quan Chi (Summoner)

Keep in mind that top 5 isn't final by any means that's just to give you an idea of how I'm looking at the game right now. I can have a tier list in the near future but it'll take awhile as there is a lot of stuff to go over.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
Which Ermac, Spectral?

Kinda off topic out of personal curiosity I'd love to see a professional level match between GM Sub and Cyber Sub. O_0

*edit* Well this is the closest I've found for now at least -

9:00 minute mark; embed didn't respect the time stamp.

Last edited:

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
This is off the top of my head. Also, I know the patch is young.

This is my S Tier (No Specific Order)
Ermac (Mystic), Sub Zero (Grandmaster), Kitana (Royal Storm or Assassin, Predator (Hish Qu Ten), Alien (Acidic)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
This is my S tier, or can I downplay all of them to A++ tier this time? Because noone is broken
Ermac (Mystic), Predator (HQT), Alien (Acidic), Sonya (Demo), Takeda (Ronin), Mileena (combination of all 3 variations), Kitana (Assasin), Kano (Cutthroat), Johnny Cage (combination of Alist and Stunt Double)