What's new

Discussion My Tier List (Blow Up Preparedness Training)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey all! CrazyFingers here and today I am going to do one of the riskiest things you can do as a TYM'er and that is post a tier list! I figured if I REALLY want to be part of this community, I at least one time have to subject myself to the biggest possibility of getting blown up as I can. However, before I go over my tier list I will explain each tier and what it means for your character if he/she/it is in that tier. So without any more delay, here is the breakdown.

S Tier
Tier is where the best of the best will be. These characters have little to 0 bad matchups and mostly good matchups. Their toolset allows them to play a different game than their opponent, making said opponent have to play by their rules and go by their pace. This is where you will see most people cry out for nerfs as they are usually duly needed.

A+ Tier
These are the characters that will start to fill out the rest of your roster. If top tiers get nerfed, expect these characters to move up the list. These characters are also quite viable but have more weak matchups and their tools, while quite strong, do not usually break the game.

A Tier
This is the "fair" category. This is where you will be seeing characters that have an even helping of good, bad and even matchups. These characters are definitely capable of competing, but will still have times where you will struggle in matchups unlike the S tier above them. Players shouldn't be discouraged to play Characters from this tier as this tier is the majority of the cast in most cases and they are still perfectly viable!

B Tier
This is when characters begin to be on the weaker side. B tier characters have slightly more unfavorable matchups than favorable ones with the rest being filled by a decent amount of 5-5's. While B Tier characters aren't particularly terrible, they certainly require a lot more work to be used efficiently and therefor are not used all too often. These characters tend to be successful when a strong player who is a loyalist plays them to the highest level and beyond or when they are used as a niche counter pick in certain matchups.

C Tier
This is where, sadly, the worst of the worst reside. This is where characters that have almost ZERO winning matchups and barely any redeeming qualities. It takes gods among men to do well with these characters and this tier is not for the weak of heart. You will hear people cry buff for these characters the most.

OK! So now that this section is done, onward to the part you've probably been waiting for! (No Particular Order)

S Tier
Sonya (Demolitions)--Alien (Tarkatan)--Alien (Acidic)--D'Vorah (Swarm Queen)--Mileena (Piercing)--Kano (Cutthroat)--Takeda (Shirai-Ryu/Ronin)--Ermac (Mystic)

A+ Tier
Shinnok (Bone Shaper/Imposter)--Jason (Unstoppable/Slasher)--Kung Jin (Shaolin)--Kotal Kahn (War God/Blood God)-- Tremor (Crystalline)--Ferra/Torr (Ruthless)--Jaqui (Shotgun)--Triborg (Smoke)--Mileena (Ravenous/Ethereal)--Predator (Hish-Qu-Ten)--Sub-Zero (Grandmaster)--Jax (All Variations)--Goro (Tigrar Fury/Dragon Fangs)--Johnny Cage (A-List)

A Tier
Quan Chi (All Variations)--Jason (Relentless)--Jaqui (Full Auto/High Tech)--Predator (Hunter)--Alien (Konjurer)--Sonya (Cover Ops/Special Forces)--Scorpion (Hellfire/Ninjitsu)--Erron Black (Gunslinger/Marksman)--Liu Kang (Dragon's Fire/Flame Fist)--Ermac (Spectral/Master of Souls)--Cassie Cage (Hollywood/Brawler)--Reptile (All Variations)--Kung Lao (Buzz Saw/Tempest)--Leatherface (Killer/Pretty Lady)--Raiden (Thunder God/Displacer)--Triborg (Sektor)--D'vorah (Brood Mother)--Bo' Rai Cho (Bartitsu/Dragon's Breath)--Triborg (Cyrax)--Takeda (Lasher)--Ferra/Torr (Vicious)--Johnny Cage (Stunt Double)--Cassie Cage (Spec Ops)

B Tier
Tremor (Aftershock)--Ferra/Torr (Lackey)--Bo'Rai Cho (Drunken Master)--Tanya (All Variations)--Kitana (All Variations)--Erron Black (Outlaw)--Kenshi (Possesd/Kenjutsu)--Leatherface (Butcher)--Kung Jin (Bojutsu)--Predator (Warrior)--Sub Zero (Cryomancer)--Kung Lao (Hat Trick)--Liu Kang (Dualist)--Goro (Kuatan Warrior)--Kano (Commando/Cybernetic)--Kotal Kahn (Sun God)--D'vorah (Venomous)--Shinnok (Necromancer)

C Tier
Kenshi (Balanced)--Sub Zero (Unbreakable)--Scorpion (Inferno)--Kung Jin (Ancestral)--Raiden (Master of Storms)--Triborg (Cyber Sub-Zero)--Tremor (Metallic)--Johnny Cage (Fisticuffs)

Ok! So there's the list! If you guys want to discuss, you can, that's kind of the point of posting. And if I missed any variations let me know IMMEDIATELY. There are a lot of variations in this game and it's very easy for me to miss some, so please, if I did, let me know. Enjoy!

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

You missed stunt double and fisticuffs.

Pretty good list. I'd move sun god up a tier and cyrax down a tier
ah of course, thank you and idk man...sun god feels pretty weak. He could be better than I'm thinking but to each their own

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
nice tier list

i would put kenshi in A tier
Goro DF also A.
relentless replaced with both unstoppable and slasher.
Liu kang DF is between A+ and S.

CrazyFingers

As a jax main, all of your jax positions should move up imo:

HW goes A+, Wrestler goes S, Pumped Up moves up to A or A+

Based on what I hear, bo rai should move down a tier from A to B or even C, I'm not sure

I feel that Sorceror and Summoner can be moved to A+, both are still very good

Great tier list but some things you should fix: kung lao (all variations) was listed but then you put hat trick in B (which i agree with but the problem is you used all variations)
Also I may just be dumb but I think you left out cybernetic kano
RIP my ass, I'll be sure to fix that stuff. As far as bo is concerned, I feel like he's super underrated right now but that might just be me. Wrestler very well could be S, he's really strong but i went on the safer side, he's definitely strong tho

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
There shouldn't be an S and SS. An S will barely do.

SS basically means ultra broken. There aren't ultra broken characters in this game.

CrazyFingers

There shouldn't be an S and SS. An S will barely do.

SS basically means ultra broken. There aren't ultra broken characters in this game.
I mean...the SS that i have described in the list goes pretty hand in hand with the characters put in that tier.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I mean...the SS that i have described in the list goes pretty hand in hand with the characters put in that tier.
I disagree with the structure.

A+ should be the really strong characters and S tier should be the absolutely elite.

SS should only exist if you had something ultra broken. Kabal could barely cut the S+ (or SS if you want) tier. We don't have characters that come close to that.

Bump the SS chars down to S and bump a couple of the S chars to A+, like Shinnok, Dvorah and probably A-list. Should be good then.

CrazyFingers

I disagree with the structure.

A+ should be the really strong characters and S tier should be the absolutely elite.

SS should only exist if you had something ultra broken. Kabal could barely cut the S+ (or SS if you want) tier. We don't have characters that come close to that.

Bump the SS chars down to S and bump a couple of the S chars to A+, like Shinnok, Dvorah and probably A-list. Should be good then.
Free to your opinion man