What's new

General/Other My thumbs hurt...

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I have decided and am dedicating myself to my three mains: NW, Kabal, and Skarlet.

I played for a couple hours yesterday afternoon and then went to Ed's for 3 hours of non stop play.
Problem is, I've been doing nothing but playing kabal and skarlet(mostly skarlet) and I have come to a few conclusions.

1) skarlet is by far the hardest character in the game to master...BY FAR.
2) my damn hands hurt!

That's it. The two most execution heavy characters in the game as mains make playing nw like taking a break...lol

MY THUMBS HURT!

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
I attempted to learn Kabal's dash cancels (to know what to do when I'm playing Shang) but it really cained the thumbs, so I just gave up lol. I personally never had anything like that while learning Skarlet. Her combos can get pretty intense with dashes and lots of buttons, but it's fine once you get the knack. Guess it's the same with Kabal, but I found Kabal actually hurt me to try learn, whereas Skarlet just took a little while to get used to the inputs.

So imo I think Kabal is 1st, Skarlet 2nd when it comes to execution. Then again this is only MK, so "MK execution heavy" isn't really execution heavy at all in comparison to other fighters haha.

Flagg

Noob
Do you exclusively play on a pad or can you use stick?

I have to say, I use pad and stick but I always adopt the "claw hand", even for pad. Works better for me, saves my thumbs no end of grief.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I have decided and am dedicating myself to my three mains: NW, Kabal, and Skarlet.

I played for a couple hours yesterday afternoon and then went to Ed's for 3 hours of non stop play.
Problem is, I've been doing nothing but playing kabal and skarlet(mostly skarlet) and I have come to a few conclusions.

1) skarlet is by far the hardest character in the game to master...BY FAR.
2) my damn hands hurt!

That's it. The two most execution heavy characters in the game as mains make playing nw like taking a break...lol

MY THUMBS HURT!
Yeah you're gonna want a hitbox for playing Skarlet, just my 2 cents :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yeah you're gonna want a hitbox for playing Skarlet, just my 2 cents :)

Do you use a hit box?
I attempted to learn Kabal's dash cancels (to know what to do when I'm playing Shang) but it really cained the thumbs, so I just gave up lol. I personally never had anything like that while learning Skarlet. Her combos can get pretty intense with dashes and lots of buttons, but it's fine once you get the knack. Guess it's the same with Kabal, but I found Kabal actually hurt me to try learn, whereas Skarlet just took a little while to get used to the inputs.

So imo I think Kabal is 1st, Skarlet 2nd when it comes to execution. Then again this is only MK, so "MK execution heavy" isn't really execution heavy at all in comparison to other fighters haha.
I main both characters...skarlet at her highest level is much harder than kabal at the highest level. Trust me bro. My kabal ain't no slouch. Just try and do iafb with kabal and then try to do them with skarlet and let me know which is harder. And thats just the tip of the penis.
Do you exclusively play on a pad or can you use stick?

I have to say, I use pad and stick but I always adopt the "claw hand", even for pad. Works better for me, saves my thumbs no end of grief.
No stick...I wish I did though...hit box is tempting...lol

Ninj

Yes I use a hitbox. My brother built ones for he and I. He's building me a dual box for Evo. :)

AssassiN

Noob
Hitboxes are allowed, they were only considered to be banned because in MVC3 it was possible to block both ways(holding front and back).
With UMVC3 and newer hitboxes that is no longer possible.

For confirmation check out this thread.

Somberness

Lights
I think you have a nice Jade, it'd be a shame if you'd drop her. But I like Skarlet more, so I'll let it slide. :D
Was fun seeing the mirrors between you and Deity.

SwayNTech

da bess
lol'd at the hitbox post being edited..
but yeah.. after doing df3, b2, 2, df3, b2, 2, df3, b2, 112 so many times it gets prettty strenuous

PonyLove

Noob
Hitboxes are allowed, they were only considered to be banned because in MVC3 it was possible to block both ways(holding front and back).
With UMVC3 and newer hitboxes that is no longer possible.

For confirmation check out this thread.
Yup, that was the only issue. The hardware I use does not allow inputting two opposite directions at the same time.

Ninj

I've actually considered picking up Skarlet. Now I'm not too sure...
The only other character that rivals her in execution is Kabal. Every other character feels like easymode when I sit down to practice them after playing Skarlet for...however long since she's been out.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The only other character that rivals her in execution is Kabal. Every other character feels like easymode when I sit down to practice them after playing Skarlet for...however long since she's been out.

You don't get to talk hitbox!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I've tried, repeatedly, over and over, to pick those 2 up, Skarlet more so than Kabal because I <3 her.
I don't think my thumbs are capable of moving fast enough to execute right with either of them. Legit. I know what to do, how to time it, when in the animation to carry on the combos and carries, but no matter how fast I try to go, they skitz out and die on me.
Makes me wish I could afford a damn Hitbox just so I could finally play them at full speed.