What's new

General/Other My thumbs hurt...

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
SKARLET IS UNPLAYABLE ONLINE (take this in consideration before picking her) !!! ;p
Lies, I have 3,200 ranked wins with skarlet on Xbl. 25 more places and I will be in top 100 ranked players on Xbl all with skarlet. (Which means nothing to the offline players i know but I'm not in a position to be able to go to any events... For now) She is fine online, just as fine as any other character, you just need to play the lag correctly.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
The lag might cause you to drop some bnbs every once in a while but that happens with every character.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I really don't get why this game has such ridiculous negative edge (to the point that it sometimes screws you over more than it helps), yet you still can't TK moves like Skarlet's air daggers or Scorpion's air tele. Makes no sense. Annoying that character's like Mileena and Kabal have a lot easier to do instant air moves just because they have an input that starts with back.

I'm interested to know what makes Skarlet "at her highest level" more execution heavy than Kabal. Yeah IADs are pretty hard to do consistantly, but what else is there?
Her inputs are tighter.

For example. All of her "most damaging" combos require inputs as fast as 2 ndc with kabal. It's the friction on the d pad. Kabal has inputs that are difficult but they don't require as much movement or friction. Just saying. I do all reo's shit with 2 ndc and d4 ndc d3 ndc etc...skarlet is harder to do consistently and it's makes your hands hurt more

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Lies, I have 3,200 ranked wins with skarlet on Xbl. 25 more places and I will be in top 100 ranked players on Xbl all with skarlet. (Which means nothing to the offline players i know but I'm not in a position to be able to go to any events... For now) She is fine online, just as fine as any other character, you just need to play the lag correctly.
so your the one who keeps overtakin me in ranked i think im 129 ish lol , at least your a skarlet player ;)

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Which means nothing for online players aswell (don't tell me you talking about the rank system ..) :/

Skarlet is a character who needs to be very reactive, from there it is very risky to play her online (unless you spam the slide, but in online, most of the slash are rdm). Also, the execution offline to online is completly different, and god knows those executions are the hardest with skarlet, that's why it is harder for her than an other char.

AYSAMO

Noob
If you're a pad warrior I highly recommend getting a hori pad fighting commander 3 pro. It is the greatest controller ever, my fingers never got sore. It only lasted me about 6 months but I'm definitely buying another one before EVO, since it's tournament legal and better then a ps3 pad.

also, yea skarlet is mad hard to master. definitely the steepest learning curve for any character. That's why no one uses her lol.

AssassiN

Noob
I can't play MK on a stick lol, dashing is so weird with a stick.
People might shoot me for this, but give me a keyboard or hitbox. I played MK1-MK4 on my pc with a keyboard and that is how I love it.

AYSAMO

Noob
I can't play MK on a stick lol, dashing is so weird with a stick.
People might shoot me for this, but give me a keyboard or hitbox. I played MK1-MK4 on my pc with a keyboard and that is how I love it.
agreed, hitbox feels more natural to me then a stick. But MK is actually the only game I cannot play using my hitbox. It just feels wrong lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
After hours doing BnBs on Dpad from Xbox 360 my thumbs hurts pretty bad, i have to rest for today and continue training tomorrow.

Well at least the main objective was acomplished, performing a X-ray midscreen combo of 55% damage, now i only need to land two combos on my opponent twice and they'll die

AssassiN

Noob
Can play much longer and better with her on the Xbox 360 than the PS3.
Kinda have to play with PS3 due to tournaments, need a converter :(.