What's new

General/Other My thumbs hurt...

Somberness

Lights
Instant Air Dagger. It's where you do an Air Dagger (Far) and it hits a standing opponent on the head. It's probably the hardest instant air move to do along with Scorpion's iaTeleport. My record is 7 in a row but usually I can get around 5.
Yup, both are just frames. The dagger will miss on block even if you are a 1 frame late when facing an average height character. 7 is pretty awesome.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have a trick when doing all IAF in game

I should really make a video, been doing this since june last year 2011

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I will record a Input cam and show off some execution in this game ^^

My fingers always hurt after 4 hours of Skarlet, i lost a bit of the rythim

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I have a trick when doing all IAF in game

I should really make a video, been doing this since june last year 2011
is this a pad only trick or could it transfer over to stick?
...and yes you really should make that video, more of them "level up" vids also, they were great

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Skarlet is just a LOT of buttons. Kabal's NDCs are so ridiculous uncomfortable on pad; you gotta hit BF with your left thumb while simultaneously hitting 4, then hold B with your left thumb and block with your middle/index finger then mash out more inputs, more NDCs, and develop carpel tunnel syndrome with your now claw like hand from the weird ass contortions you have to make with it. I don't know how REO does that shit, seriously hurts my hands. And to anyone who states Sonya is execution heavy, then lol to you.

Skarlet really doesn't sound that bad in comparison to Kabal to me.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I can't wait to see any tricks or tips people have for iaD. The best one I have found is using the negative edge from holding 1 after doing a ground dagger canceled to jump then doing d,f, and releasing 1. I can usually do 3 or 4 in row and have gotten up to 7 in a row. My goal is to be able to do 10 without miss, I've been practicing all the time and know its within grasp! More practice more practice more practice.

I practice these against Mileena in 3rd costume too to make it hard on purpose, whenever I play against a sheeva player i just lol... Dat hitbox!

GhosT

Noob
I've never counted. Pig has it on lockdown. Should I spoil the secret? Lol
Pig Of The Hut Pig was kind enough to share this tip along with some other things while playing online, and i had never met him previously. Shout outs to pig for the help! he even was kind enough to show me a combo or two with mileena that to my knowledge is not even in her character forum.. awesome

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
I really don't get why this game has such ridiculous negative edge (to the point that it sometimes screws you over more than it helps), yet you still can't TK moves like Skarlet's air daggers or Scorpion's air tele. Makes no sense. Annoying that character's like Mileena and Kabal have a lot easier to do instant air moves just because they have an input that starts with back.

I'm interested to know what makes Skarlet "at her highest level" more execution heavy than Kabal. Yeah IADs are pretty hard to do consistantly, but what else is there?