What's new

My QC match up chart

D

Deleted member 9158

Alright since a lot of people CheapEddie STB Shujinkydink Lemon1991 and ESP-_BLACK are saying cage is only a 4-6 what do you guys think quans tools are that keep it as 4-6? How is he going to keep cage out, how is he going to get out of pressure without getting put right back in? How is he going to get off the ground? And most of all, how is he going to build meter for that rune trap? If you guys can answer a couple of these questions maybe I can see it as 4-6. Also lets get some more cage players in here, GGA Dizzy Mikemetroid any of you guys have a lot of quan experience? I play HGTV DrFlash44 all time so I know the matchup very well.
The real problem with determining MU's for Quan, is relative to the amount of meter he has. With no meter, this is an easy 7-3 for Cage. But with any amount of meter, it turns to a 6-4 for Cage, imo. All it can take is a whiffed shadow kick, or being caught in a trance for Cage to eat tons of damage against Quan with full meter. Yes, if Cage gets in, all Quan can do is hold block and hope for an opening to either D3 or U2. If Cage corner's Quan, he's pretty much screwed. This is true, as I've had to endure it many times as a Quan-chi player. And it can be hard for Quan to keep Cage out, with the armour on the EX-shadow kick.

With all these glaring weaknesses and Cage's clear advantage in this MU, then why isn't it a 7-3? The Rune trap. That whole time Quan is taking a beating, or getting blocked by Cage, he's building meter. And that's the problem. Without meter, yes, it is a 7-3 MU. But, WITH meter, it's a 6-4. A smart Quan player will make sure that EVERY contact he or she makes with Cage is ended or begun with an EX-Rune. This sounds all lofty and whatnot, but I feel it's the truth. Even with the rune trap, it's still a hard as balls MU for Quan, but it is most certainly winnable if you're careful and patient.

Quan is just weird like that, and any Quan-chi player will understand this.

As for getting out and keeping out of pressure? D3 into close EX/regular rune. Or D4 into mid rune/EX rune. U2 also works wonders. And if your timing is right, an EX-sky drop can get you out of a sticky situation.

Those are my two cents, take it or leave it. And may the woolay be with all who follow the path of the Quanfather

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The real problem with determining MU's for Quan, is relative to the amount of meter he has. With no meter, this is an easy 7-3 for Cage. But with any amount of meter, it turns to a 6-4 for Cage, imo. All it can take is a whiffed shadow kick, or being caught in a trance for Cage to eat tons of damage against Quan with full meter. Yes, if Cage gets in, all Quan can do is hold block and hope for an opening to either D3 or U2. If Cage corner's Quan, he's pretty much screwed. This is true, as I've had to endure it many times as a Quan-chi player. And it can be hard for Quan to keep Cage out, with the armour on the EX-shadow kick.

With all these glaring weaknesses and Cage's clear advantage in this MU, then why isn't it a 7-3? The Rune trap. That whole time Quan is taking a beating, or getting blocked by Cage, he's building meter. And that's the problem. Without meter, yes, it is a 7-3 MU. But, WITH meter, it's a 6-4. A smart Quan player will make sure that EVERY contact he or she makes with Cage is ended or begun with an EX-Rune. This sounds all lofty and whatnot, but I feel it's the truth. Even with the rune trap, it's still a hard as balls MU for Quan, but it is most certainly winnable if you're careful and patient.

Quan is just weird like that, and any Quan-chi player will understand this.

As for getting out and keeping out of pressure? D3 into close EX/regular rune. Or D4 into mid rune/EX rune. U2 also works wonders. And if your timing is right, an EX-sky drop can get you out of a sticky situation.

Those are my two cents, take it or leave it. And may the woolay be with all who follow the path of the Quanfather
I already explained this, you are not getting hit, you are taking chip damage, so you are not building meter, I am. Yeah if cage gets hit he is in trouble, but first quan has to build meter, sorry but I don't think 3 whiffed skulls and a blocked rune are going to do much for you before I get in footsies range, like I already said he isnt getting hit too much so the meter isnt coming from there, and quan is going to have a very difficult time getting a blockstring on cage, and then how is quan going to hit Cage? His normals and footsies are garbage, especially compared to cage. You say a whiffed shadow kick, but what cage player is going to use a random shadow kick against quan? That is for characters who keep up with him footsies wise and he wants to get them to stop moving (ie certainly not quan). As far as getting out of pressure, you say d3 ex rune, which is interruptable even on hit ( it will hit standing because cage has no reason to crouch, unless baiting an uppercut which is very rare), d4 ex rune which isn't even fast enough, and u2 (I have no idea what you mean by this, maybe you meant d2 for uppercut) which while it is ok, its certainly not any better than any other tool in the game at getting out of cage pressure, and if it gets to the point that cage is really worried, he can duck it and punish with full combo. i understand quan just fine, my best friend and sparring partner mains him, and it seems like you do not even know or understand your own tools. Quan will not have enough meter to make every time he touches cage go into an ex rune. I am sorry, but your logic is horribly flawed.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
All that needs to be known is that its 6-4 at the highest level. This is why mu charts suck. No one agrees on shit. It all comes down to the player.

D

Deleted member 9158

I already explained this, you are not getting hit, you are taking chip damage, so you are not building meter, I am. Yeah if cage gets hit he is in trouble, but first quan has to build meter, sorry but I don't think 3 whiffed skulls and a blocked rune are going to do much for you before I get in footsies range, like I already said he isnt getting hit too much so the meter isnt coming from there, and quan is going to have a very difficult time getting a blockstring on cage, and then how is quan going to hit Cage? His normals and footsies are garbage, especially compared to cage. You say a whiffed shadow kick, but what cage player is going to use a random shadow kick against quan? That is for characters who keep up with him footsies wise and he wants to get them to stop moving (ie certainly not quan). As far as getting out of pressure, you say d3 ex rune, which is interruptable even on hit ( it will hit standing because cage has no reason to crouch, unless baiting an uppercut which is very rare), d4 ex rune which isn't even fast enough, and u2 (I have no idea what you mean by this, maybe you meant d2 for uppercut) which while it is ok, its certainly not any better than any other tool in the game at getting out of cage pressure, and if it gets to the point that cage is really worried, he can duck it and punish with full combo. i understand quan just fine, my best friend and sparring partner mains him, and it seems like you do not even know or understand your own tools. Quan will not have enough meter to make every time he touches cage go into an ex rune. I am sorry, but your logic is horribly flawed.
OH shit, yes I meant D2. my bad. I've been getting over a wicked case of pneumonia the past few days. We can agree to disagree here, but I feel like my logic isn't flawed. Either way it's a bad MU. And as Dink said, it all depends on the player. And no one understands Quan better than him.

Apparently I know nothing about the character, despite maining him for over a year, so I"m out.

cage has to beat chi atleast 7-3... weak zoning game... bad pokes/pressure escape...slow armor.... inferior footsies in everywhere... its in cages favor heavily just as heavily has kang or sonya

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I want to post about MUs, but at the same time, I shouldn't ;_;
Although Dink and I disagree on some MUs, we do talk about things Quan can do in the MU in order to give us a better understanding of them from the other person's perspective. No one will agree on MUs until they go back and forth, consistently win/consistently lose (convincingly or not), or have the outcome be slightly in someone's favor. Soapbox wins his matches against Quan consistently, but Dink is having outcomes only slightly in the Cage's favor. I may make my MU chart one day, but I'll only discuss it with a few people, like the MU chart Dink, myself, Hidan, and Admiral made almost a year ago.
I was gonna type something about the Cage vs Quan MU, but a lot (not all :p) points have been made. Not gonna say which side I'm for hahah :p

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I want to post about MUs, but at the same time, I shouldn't ;_;
Although Dink and I disagree on some MUs, we do talk about things Quan can do in the MU in order to give us a better understanding of them from the other person's perspective. No one will agree on MUs until they go back and forth, consistently win/consistently lose (convincingly or not), or have the outcome be slightly in someone's favor. Soapbox wins his matches against Quan consistently, but Dink is having outcomes only slightly in the Cage's favor. I may make my MU chart one day, but I'll only discuss it with a few people, like the MU chart Dink, myself, Hidan, and Admiral made almost a year ago.
I was gonna type something about the Cage vs Quan MU, but a lot (not all :p) points have been made. Not gonna say which side I'm for hahah :p
OH shit, yes I meant D2. my bad. I've been getting over a wicked case of pneumonia the past few days. We can agree to disagree here, but I feel like my logic isn't flawed. Either way it's a bad MU. And as Dink said, it all depends on the player. And no one understands Quan better than him.

Apparently I know nothing about the character, despite maining him for over a year, so I"m out.
Didn't mean you don't know your character, I meant you didn't understand how his tools work against cage considering you thought you are going to be getting block string against cage. Obviously you know Quan well.