What's new

My QC match up chart

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
ok, heres my take on quan/cage.Yes cage has pressure, but theres one small thing your all forgetting about.

QUAN HAS ARMOR!!!

ex skydrop is important in this mu because not only does it do 17%, it also kicks cage away and gives him frame adv. The only time this doesnt work is if Cage does a regular F3. F33 will get caught, F33B3 will get caught, if he doesnt hit confirm d3 it will get caught. This keeps it from being a 7-3. Once hes away quan can double zone with skulls and runes to build meter back and come in to cage when he wants with a miuxup

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
ok, heres my take on quan/cage.Yes cage has pressure, but theres one small thing your all forgetting about.

QUAN HAS ARMOR!!!

ex skydrop is important in this mu because not only does it do 17%, it also kicks cage away and gives him frame adv. The only time this doesnt work is if Cage does a regular F3. F33 will get caught, F33B3 will get caught, if he doesnt hit confirm d3 it will get caught. This keeps it from being a 7-3. Once hes away quan can double zone with skulls and runes to build meter back and come in to cage when he wants with a miuxup
That seems risky has hell.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"

QUAN HAS ARMOR!!!

If quan really wants to take that guessing game, be my guest. With all the normals that dont get caught, 1, 2, fwd3, d3, I have a huge chance of being right just by accident, and if I do happen to be right, quan just used his meter and he is getting full combo punished. As a cage player, that sounds like a best possible scenario, where if I get hit, its good for quan but not that big of a deal when cage out footsies quan so much.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
If quan really wants to take that guessing game, be my guest. With all the normals that dont get caught, 1, 2, fwd3, d3, I have a huge chance of being right just by accident, and if I do happen to be right, quan just used his meter and he is getting full combo punished. As a cage player, that sounds like a best possible scenario, where if I get hit, its good for quan but not that big of a deal when cage out footsies quan so much.
yep. 6-4 at worst

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Not that have that much experience in the Quan Chi/Smoke MU but based on my knowledge of Smoke as a character, that seems really fucking bad for Quan. Like 8-2 bad.

Quan can't zone. Quan can't jump. Quan can't keep up with Smoke's footsies. Quan is too slow to try to rush Smoke down. Smoke doesn't care about Rune Trap. Smoke does more damage with 1 bar than Quan does with 3. If Quan wants to waste his meter on a combo + a blockstring afterwards, go ahead. If Quan takes the round with rune trap he's just going to lose the next one. Imo Quan's mixups stop this from being a 9-1 Smoke MU, but how is Quan even supposed to get anything going with Smoke's amazing pokes and 100% combos off a 9f launcher (if Smoke has the meter of course)?

If a character loses to Smoke everywhere on the screen, has bad meterless damage, and doesn't have really good mobility then said character is going to get bent over.

I don't think the Quan Chi/Sektor matchup is 5-5 either, but I'll let that one go. It's your chart not mine.