What's new

My QC match up chart

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Noob recovery sucks tossing clolnes Quan can sky drop on reaction noob damage output is trash.. Noob dmg output change oce hes in the corner.. Quan wins but not by much..
Then how is it 5-5? Noob can't zone as well because of his teleport, and he can jump and sky drop 90% of the time anyway. Add the fact that it's the character with probably the worst comeback factor in the game with one of the best(rune trap) and while Noob has FAR better footsies, Quan Chi has a 7 frame uppercut to hit him out of almost anything. Noob isn't going to corner Quan Chi unless the Quan player sky drops behind a cornered Noob and subsequently gets blown up, because he'd have to resort to unsafe armor and a guessing game to get out, but the corner really doesn't compensate if it's a chore to pin Quan Chi in it.

I still think this is a winnable match-up at 6-4, but Quan definitely has at least a small advantage. Noob can fuck with his spacing using the occasional portal and delayed or feinted clones to bait out a sky drop or trance, and like I said his footsies are SO much better in comparison.

lol why did I write so much

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
Then how is it 5-5? Noob can't zone as well because of his teleport, and he can jump and sky drop 90% of the time anyway. Add the fact that it's the character with probably the worst comeback factor in the game with one of the best(rune trap) and while Noob has FAR better footsies, Quan Chi has a 7 frame uppercut to hit him out of almost anything. Noob isn't going to corner Quan Chi unless the Quan player sky drops behind a cornered Noob and subsequently gets blown up, because he'd have to resort to unsafe armor and a guessing game to get out, but the corner really doesn't compensate if it's a chore to pin Quan Chi in it.

I still think this is a winnable match-up at 6-4, but Quan definitely has at least a small advantage. Noob can fuck with his spacing using the occasional portal and delayed or feinted clones to bait out a sky drop or trance, and like I said his footsies are SO much better in comparison.

lol why did I write so much
lol no problem... Yea noob wins in footies but what else noob really have? They both share slow normals, Noob should be able to d3 out of b3 12. Even though quan is slow, his mixups are a little better and can lead up to more damage unless noob i think 25% mid? Anyways Noob does not have a big threat like the other cast besides the occasional black hole reset.. quan should just get and rough him up.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
lol no problem... Yea noob wins in footies but what else noob really have? They both share slow normals, Noob should be able to d3 out of b3 12. Even though quan is slow, his mixups are a little better and can lead up to more damage unless noob i think 25% mid? Anyways Noob does not have a big threat like the other cast besides the occasional black hole reset.. quan should just get and rough him up.
I think Quan Chi can be a dick just out of sweep distance TBH, trance trades with a lot of shit.

It's honestly not as bad as I feel like I'm making it sound; the worst issue without a doubt is that Noob can't make a comeback once Quan Chi gets a sizable life lead unless he pulls some Jedi shit or the Quan player just fucks up.

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
Freddy 3:7
Kenshi 3:7
Kitana 3:7
Kung Lao 4:6
Smoke 3:7
Sub-Zero 7:3 EDIT:6:4

u w0t m8?

those 3-7s should be 4-6 at least, quit downplaying.
kung is 5-5 no sweat and sub is 6-4 in quans' favor pretty easily

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
quan loses so bad to heavy zoning chars if he's outspeeded he'll get roflstomped.And im not downplaying.. lol

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Without Rune Trap its 7-3 for sure. But imao RT is a very huge factor in every Quan`s match, we cant just ignore it.
I am certianly not ignoring it, but his meter doesn't just magically show up. He has very little ways to build meter outside of his sub par zoning and getting hit in the face, and since most of cage's damage is chip, he cannot even really get that.

D

Deleted member 9158

If you're basing this all off of online experience, then you should probably reconsider your numbers quite a bit. Quan has a lot, and I mean A LOT of bad MU's. The only thing that keeps him in any match up is the Rune trap. But really, to succeed with Quan you need to be patient. Dat' comeback factor with full meter, man.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Alright since a lot of people CheapEddie STB Shujinkydink Lemon1991 and ESP-_BLACK are saying cage is only a 4-6 what do you guys think quans tools are that keep it as 4-6? How is he going to keep cage out, how is he going to get out of pressure without getting put right back in? How is he going to get off the ground? And most of all, how is he going to build meter for that rune trap? If you guys can answer a couple of these questions maybe I can see it as 4-6. Also lets get some more cage players in here, GGA Dizzy Mikemetroid any of you guys have a lot of quan experience? I play HGTV DrFlash44 all time so I know the matchup very well.

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
Alright since a lot of people CheapEddie STB Shujinkydink Lemon1991 and ESP-_BLACK are saying cage is only a 4-6 what do you guys think quans tools are that keep it as 4-6? How is he going to keep cage out, how is he going to get out of pressure without getting put right back in? How is he going to get off the ground? And most of all, how is he going to build meter for that rune trap? If you guys can answer a couple of these questions maybe I can see it as 4-6.
All it really comes down to is looking for an opening in pressure. Quan can temporarily change the pressure in his favor with mixup shenanigans and hopefully into a combo. Eating damage from Cage is another way Quan can excel in this matchup. This builds meter for delicious r00n traps which can be used against him.

Oh yeah and Cages' x-ray is easily blown up by b3, 1+2 for full combo

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
All it really comes down to is looking for an opening in pressure. Quan can temporarily change the pressure in his favor with mixup shenanigans and hopefully into a combo. Eating damage from Cage is another way Quan can excel in this matchup. This builds meter for delicious r00n traps which can be used against him.

Oh yeah and Cages' x-ray is easily blown up by b3, 1+2 for full combo
But look at the frame data. Even when quan pokes out of pressure, he really doesnt have many options due to his shitty ass normals. And most of the damage the age player is going to be doing is going to be chip damage and if you sit there not blocking you are going to be hitconfirmed into nutpunch, and then it goes back into chip. And this is not really a match that cage is going to be using his xray in, and everybody full combo punishes his xray, so I don't understand how that is even a factor.

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
But look at the frame data. Even when quan pokes out of pressure, he really doesnt have many options due to his shitty ass normals. And most of the damage the age player is going to be doing is going to be chip damage and if you sit there not blocking you are going to be hitconfirmed into nutpunch, and then it goes back into chip. And this is not really a match that cage is going to be using his xray in, and everybody full combo punishes his xray, so I don't understand how that is even a factor.
it's a tough matchup, but not 3-7 tough imo. cage is a huge threat in the corner though, as are most of the cast vs quan.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
it's a tough matchup, but not 3-7 tough imo. cage is a huge threat in the corner though, as are most of the cast vs quan.
I don't understand how it can possibly be 4-6 if cage stops quan from effectively using his best tools while cage's best tools are at their most effective. That is a clear cut 7-3.