What's new

My Personal Opinion of Killer Frost w/ MU Chart

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I agree with MMH beating KF, could be worse but for now 6-4 MMH
Yeah if you didn't have the threat of the overhead teleport imo it would be a little bit easier. It really helps set up your zoning since it can force us to move backwards and give you the space you want. In general it is very hard to approach MMH, but when we get in I think KF has the advantage. With that said it is her worst MU imo.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Maybe the advantage is so slight that putting it at 6-4 is just too big. You could always say 11-9 or 13-7 if you really hate decimals that much. But there is definitely a difference if you think about a FT20. A 5.5-4.5 leads to a 11-9 whereas a 6-4 would theoretically lead to a 12-8.
But these numbers aren't set in stone. This is why I'm saying a 6-4 should be translated as a "slight advantage". There's barely any need for match up numbers in the first place let alone going to decimals. You can say it changes when you work it out as a first to 20, but the point is that these numbers are based off a set of 10 games. I have no personal hate for decimals, just this obsession with match up numbers rather than people focusing on specific strategies for each match up

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
Yeah if you didn't have the threat of the overhead teleport imo it would be a little bit easier. It really helps set up your zoning since it can force us to move backwards and give you the space you want. In general it is very hard to approach MMH, but when we get in I think KF has the advantage. With that said it is her worst MU imo.
i think if she could trade with pillars the MU would be much softer, MMH's air mobility shuts down KF's slide. Also... she can not trade with pillars because a reversal pillar will punish her iceberg or i can jump the reversal iceberg and get a 40+% combo. MMH out damages her and she has to work much harder for damage in the MU

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
What does thinking have to do with having no options? Sorry that you don't know how to parry shoulders or d1 trait activation. OH or deal with sweep...his only low...oh oh oh or mb f3 body splash...or d2 body splash...oh yeah or tech throws on reaction.
Myles doesn't know how to do anything but troll

But everyone's good at something, right?

E

Eldriken

Sorry for Doomsday not being able to just maul killer frost like every character and maybe having to think. Thinking in a match-up warrants a 7-3
You're coming off really ignorant by making it seem like EVERY Doomsday player doesn't think. We're not all flowchart, especially me.

You can think and change shit up as much as you want and it will more often than not get you absolutely NOWHERE. You simply cannot rush Killer Frost down, nor can you apply massive corner pressure. When you get her to the corner, she can refuse to slide so you don't reverse the wake up and punish her. If the player knows what they're doing, they can block Earth Shake and go from there. What's Doomsday gonna do after that? Jump at you while you slide out of the corner? He can't do anything else 'cause it will get blown up by a Killer Frost player who knows the MU.

It's not an unwinnable MU. That's something I'll never say. It just isn't in his favor at all and he can't do squat about much of anything. Being able to time your throw EVERY single time she does a slide is impossible, especially considering at what range she does the slide comes into play.

It's like blocking Killer Frost is your only option throughout the entire match just hoping she'll mess up. The most we can do is try and bait out a parry and whiff punish it if we're in range.

Hitting her with a sweep doesn't do us much 'cause she can slide out of our setups.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
What does thinking have to do with having no options? Sorry that you don't know how to parry shoulders or d1 trait activation. OH or deal with sweep...his only low...oh oh oh or mb f3 body splash...or d2 body splash...oh yeah or tech throws on reaction.
To be honest it just sounds like i understand your character better then you do. Why is the topic of 'jump-in body splash' even being mentioned as mb f3d, mb f3 the ambiguous cross-up body splashes please, parry after mb venom and get a 40% punish please no options come on 7-3

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
i think if she could trade with pillars the MU would be much softer, MMH's air mobility shuts down KF's slide. Also... she can not trade with pillars because a reversal pillar will punish her iceberg or i can jump the reversal iceberg and get a 40+% combo. MMH out damages her and she has to work much harder for damage in the MU
Yeah, the only thing we can do with iceberg is try to pre-emptively punish your zoning tools on startup (which is actually not a terrible option, it is better than what most have), and stay in the proper ranges so that the zoning tools will not hit. We can slide the air projectile on reaction, but MB pillar is oh such a problem :p. I still enjoy playing the MU and learning it. She has really good ways to get around wake-up push/teleport safely that I posted in the tech thread that lead to good damage.

I would say overall damage is pretty even actually, but yeah she has to work much harder for it. Offline she can react to teleports and punish them extremely hard with mb b3 (roughly 50% if you just want to go for damage).

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
To be honest it just sounds like i understand your character better then you do. Why is the topic of 'jump-in body splash' even being mentioned as mb f3d, mb f3 the ambiguous cross-up body splashes please, parry after mb venom and get a 40% punish please no options come on 7-3
Have you tried any of this?

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
I've been told KF - Sinestro is 5-5. But I still have yet to see. I lost 10-6 to Astronaut but I still think that's because he's a better player. I'm open to the idea but for now I agree that it's 6-4 in KF's favor. It's so hard to get through her daggers.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I can't be asked discussing with terrible killer frost players who simply refuse to listen to reason. Just continue on in this imaginary world wherein Killer Frost is a viable Top 5 character and theory fighting is real
youtu.be/YrkrW9BOC0c?t=1m46s

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
True. But are you always going to want to use a bar of meter for an anti-air?

Yea why not? It'll stop you from jumping right? And if you wanna keep jumping, that's free damage for me. If you saw CW this past weekend, you would've seen the Multiple MBF3s I used for AAs.

D2 is a good AA too but it doesn't work on CWs J2. MBF3 destroys it.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Why play Ares when you can play Zatanna? There is absolutely no reason to play a worse version of Zatanna. Seriously tho, don't post stuff like that, it really hurt us KF players and it's not true at all.
lol wtf zatana has a standing vortex ares has no such thing. ares has different teleports and zatana doesnt have guaranteed resets lol. gtfo

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
You must be related to Myles.
first who is Myles? second, i thought the only reason kf slide was to A) get a lucky slide and hope to magically catch people pressing buttons. B) to put people is a guessing game where as the kf player either does a mb parry into a 50 OR d1 slide or something. Ares b1 is longer than any of kf's normals meaning he can out space her.